Events list updating...

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
Hi all,
We haven't updated much content on www.osgeo.org lately, though I
fixed several translation issues last week.  I was wondering if
anyone felt like doing a bit of updating by taking on the task of
adding some more to the events calendar.  I'm sure you saw my thread
on the discuss list :-)  I was going to start adding the events but
wondered if anyone would like to share the job.  Do you think we
could set up one or two people from webcom to specifically handle
events - like Frank and I handle the news items. It's pretty low
volume and I was just going to add them myself, but thought I'd see
if anyone else was interested in helping.  I can give you access to
add new entries if you do not have it already.

Tyler

Re: Events list updating...

Lorenzo Becchi - nabble
Hi Tyler, I can help for this task.
how do you normally proceed?
I'm not always up to date with discuss list but I can try my best.

ciao
Lorenzo

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> Hi all,
> We haven't updated much content on www.osgeo.org lately, though I
> fixed several translation issues last week.  I was wondering if anyone
> felt like doing a bit of updating by taking on the task of adding some
> more to the events calendar.  I'm sure you saw my thread on the
> discuss list :-)  I was going to start adding the events but wondered
> if anyone would like to share the job.  Do you think we could set up
> one or two people from webcom to specifically handle events - like
> Frank and I handle the news items. It's pretty low volume and I was
> just going to add them myself, but thought I'd see if anyone else was
> interested in helping.  I can give you access to add new entries if
> you do not have it already.
>
> Tyler

Re: Events list updating...

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
Thanks Lorenzo, it would be great if you could help.

Your account www.osgeo.org should already give you access to add new
event items.  You go under your user menu to "Create Content" ->
"Event" - you should understand the rest no problem.  It would be
interesting to hear your opinion about how translations also work,
after you've written the English version first.

Here are some other things I've been trying to do that I'd recommend
to continue:
* Select "Input Format" to use "Wiki Syntax" - then you can easily
embed URLs within your text using the [http://linktohere Wiki]
syntax.  The Input Format options are directly beneath the "Body"
input box in the new events form.
* Set "URL Path Settings" (further down in the form" and prefix it
with "event/" and give it a logical name, for example: "event/
foss4g_2008" or give more fancy if you wish.. "event/2008/foss4g" etc.

That's all, just keep your eyes open on the discuss list to hear
recommendations from others.  I've just been choosing what I think
would be interesting to OSGeo folks or if someone from the group is
going to be attending.  If you'd like us to remind or forward items
to you, maybe that would help?  Or we can simply post them to this list?

Any other ideas?  Thanks again!

Tyler

On 11-Jan-08, at 9:46 AM, Lorenzo Becchi wrote:

> Hi Tyler, I can help for this task.
> how do you normally proceed?
> I'm not always up to date with discuss list but I can try my best.
>
> ciao
> Lorenzo
>

> Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> We haven't updated much content on www.osgeo.org lately, though I
>> fixed several translation issues last week.  I was wondering if
>> anyone felt like doing a bit of updating by taking on the task of
>> adding some more to the events calendar.  I'm sure you saw my
>> thread on the discuss list :-)  I was going to start adding the
>> events but wondered if anyone would like to share the job.  Do you
>> think we could set up one or two people from webcom to
>> specifically handle events - like Frank and I handle the news
>> items. It's pretty low volume and I was just going to add them
>> myself, but thought I'd see if anyone else was interested in
>> helping.  I can give you access to add new entries if you do not
>> have it already.
>>
>> Tyler

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
[hidden email]
P: +1-250-277-1621
M: +1-250-303-1831

Re: Events list updating...

Lorenzo Becchi - nabble
thank you Tyler, great explication.

I've posted the first event I had in mind:
http://www.osgeo.org/event/2008/02/perugia

I have to say that I'm not always synched with OSGeo Discuss and if you
see an event that should be published for sure, well, please forward it
to me directly (cutting OSGeo Discuss from the subject otherwise the
filter...).

actually, to be honest Perugia's event is the only one that I know that
was not yet published. If you know of other events just ping me.

ciao
Lorenzo

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> Thanks Lorenzo, it would be great if you could help.
>
> Your account www.osgeo.org should already give you access to add new
> event items.  You go under your user menu to "Create Content" ->
> "Event" - you should understand the rest no problem.  It would be
> interesting to hear your opinion about how translations also work,
> after you've written the English version first.
>
> Here are some other things I've been trying to do that I'd recommend
> to continue:
> * Select "Input Format" to use "Wiki Syntax" - then you can easily
> embed URLs within your text using the [http://linktohere Wiki]
> syntax.  The Input Format options are directly beneath the "Body"
> input box in the new events form.
> * Set "URL Path Settings" (further down in the form" and prefix it
> with "event/" and give it a logical name, for example:
> "event/foss4g_2008" or give more fancy if you wish..
> "event/2008/foss4g" etc.
>
> That's all, just keep your eyes open on the discuss list to hear
> recommendations from others.  I've just been choosing what I think
> would be interesting to OSGeo folks or if someone from the group is
> going to be attending.  If you'd like us to remind or forward items to
> you, maybe that would help?  Or we can simply post them to this list?
>
> Any other ideas?  Thanks again!
>
> Tyler
>
> On 11-Jan-08, at 9:46 AM, Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
>
>> Hi Tyler, I can help for this task.
>> how do you normally proceed?
>> I'm not always up to date with discuss list but I can try my best.
>>
>> ciao
>> Lorenzo
>>

>> Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> We haven't updated much content on www.osgeo.org lately, though I
>>> fixed several translation issues last week.  I was wondering if
>>> anyone felt like doing a bit of updating by taking on the task of
>>> adding some more to the events calendar.  I'm sure you saw my thread
>>> on the discuss list :-)  I was going to start adding the events but
>>> wondered if anyone would like to share the job.  Do you think we
>>> could set up one or two people from webcom to specifically handle
>>> events - like Frank and I handle the news items. It's pretty low
>>> volume and I was just going to add them myself, but thought I'd see
>>> if anyone else was interested in helping.  I can give you access to
>>> add new entries if you do not have it already.
>>>
>>> Tyler
>
> Tyler Mitchell
> Executive Director
> Open Source Geospatial Foundation
> [hidden email]
> P: +1-250-277-1621
> M: +1-250-303-1831

Need user permissions for admin/webfm

Jeff McKenna-2
Hello,

I had been using Drupal's FileManager (/admin/webfm) on the osgeo site
for managing conference docs, but my user (jmckenna) no longer seems to
have permissions to access it.  Can someone modify my user permissions?
  thanks.

-jeff

Re: Need user permissions for admin/webfm

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
On 15-Jan-08, at 8:02 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> I had been using Drupal's FileManager (/admin/webfm) on the osgeo
> site for managing conference docs, but my user (jmckenna) no longer
> seems to have permissions to access it.  Can someone modify my user
> permissions?  thanks.

I've reviewed it an updated a few things, including your
permissions.  I've tested it with the same permissions under a
different account and it loads properly now.  Please check it now
again.  I'll be online if you have more questions/comments.

Tyler