Error with OpneLayers plug-in

Manuel Spínola
Dear list members,

I have an error using the OpenLayers plug-in.
I open a shapefile and I tried to overlay on a Google physical layer and I got the error.

forward transform of
(6804.26, 19546)

failed with error: latitude or longitude exceeded limits

What could be?

Best,

Manuel

--
Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.
Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre

Re: Error with OpneLayers plug-in

gheysen.t
Hi,

Set the project CRS to google mercator (EPSG 900913) and enable on tle fly CRS transformation.

Best regards,
Thibaut.

2010/11/4 Manuel Spínola <[hidden email]>
[...]

Borys Jurgiel-2
> > forward transform of
> > (6804.26, 19546)
> > failed with error: latitude or longitude exceeded limits

> Set the project CRS to google mercator (EPSG 900913) and enable on tle fly
> CRS transformation.

I don't think it's the reason - the plugin does it automatically.

If you get the transformation error, probably your shapefile has wrong CRS
definition - Qgis tries to reproject it on the fly to Google Mercator, but
fails because the source CRS is declared wrongly. Please check the declaration
in the layer properties.

Re: Error with OpneLayers plug-in

Manuel Spínola
Thankyou very much.
Yes, the problem was the CRS, it didn´t change automatically, I don't know why.
I needed to set the project CRS and the layer CRS manually.
Best,

Manuel

Dnia piątek 05 listopada 2010 o 11:09:51 Manuel Spínola napisał(a):
> Thankyou very much.
> Yes, the problem was the CRS, it didn´t change automatically, I don't
> know why.
> I needed to set the project CRS and the layer CRS manually.
> Best,

You can set/correct the layer CRS permanently in Vector-> Data Management
Tools -> Define current projection

Re: Error with OpneLayers plug-in

Manuel Spínola
Thank you very much Borys,

If I do that will QGIS automatically adjust the CRS to the layer I am loading?
Best,

Manuel

On 05/11/2010 04:24 a.m., Borys Jurgiel wrote:
[...]

Borys Jurgiel-3
Dnia piątek 05 listopada 2010 o 11:48:21 Manuel Spínola napisał(a):
> Thank you very much Borys,
>
> If I do that will QGIS automatically adjust the CRS to the layer I am
> Best,

Do you mean the project CRS? No. Qgis never set the project CRS to the layer
CRS. The OpenLayers plugin should automatically set the project CRS to Google
Mercator and switch the On-The-Fly-Reprojection on. It's because vectors can
be reprojected on the fly to meet rasters, not vice versa!

Only advantage you get is that the layer will be reprojectable without errors.

Re: Error with OpneLayers plug-in

bhupal
Hi ,

I am facing a problem while loading the Google as backdrop in qGIS. When I am adding the Google layer using openlayers plugin in qGIS I am getting following error.

forward transform of
(-0.0211226, -0.0174533)

failed with error: No such file or directory

Please help.