Error when trying to create an imagemosic from tif files

Error when trying to create an imagemosic from tif files

GeoServer - User mailing list

Hi list,

I have an issue when I try to create an imagemosaic from tif files, but teh
same files I can ingest them if I don't use a datastore.properties files. So
creating only a shapefile that stors the the data for the rasters works.

The error message is like this:

    Could not list layers for this store, an error occurred retrieving them:
Failed to create reader from file:chirps and hints Hints: EXECUTOR_SERVICE =
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@155604df[Running, pool size = 0,
active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0] REPOSITORY =
org.geoserver.catalog.CatalogRepository@10dee30e System defaults:
FILTER_FACTORY = FilterFactoryImpl FORCE_LONGITUDE_FIRST_AXIS_ORDER = true
FEATURE_FACTORY = org.geotools.feature.LenientFeatureFactoryImpl@7bc10d84
FORCE_AXIS_ORDER_HONORING = http LENIENT_DATUM_SHIFT = true
COMPARISON_TOLERANCE = 1.0E-8 STYLE_FACTORY = StyleFactoryImpl
GRID_COVERAGE_FACTORY = GridCoverageFactory TILE_ENCODING = null

In the logs it also says :
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to create reader from file:chirps and
hints Hints:
  EXECUTOR_SERVICE =
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@155604df[Running, pool size = 0,
active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0]
  REPOSITORY       = org.geoserver.catalog.CatalogRepository@10dee30e
System defaults:
  FILTER_FACTORY                   = FilterFactoryImpl
  FORCE_LONGITUDE_FIRST_AXIS_ORDER = true
  FEATURE_FACTORY                  =
org.geotools.feature.LenientFeatureFactoryImpl@7bc10d84
  FORCE_AXIS_ORDER_HONORING        = http
  LENIENT_DATUM_SHIFT              = true
  COMPARISON_TOLERANCE             = 1.0E-8
  STYLE_FACTORY                    = StyleFactoryImpl
  GRID_COVERAGE_FACTORY            = GridCoverageFactory
    TILE_ENCODING                  = null

I have given write permissions to the flder that contains the files r and
still I have the same error message.

Any clues about what is causing this?

Kind regards,
Corina

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Re: Error when trying to create an imagemosic from tif files

Simone Giannecchini
Can you paste the output of gdalinfo on one of the files?

I suspect they have no proper CRS or a CRS without a code.

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini
==
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
@simogeo
Founder/Director

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39  333 8128928

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali
(Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati
“GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email
(il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui
conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo
scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a
cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato
se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided
by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use
of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 6:23 PM Corina Tudorache via Geoserver-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I have an issue when I try to create an imagemosaic from tif files, but teh
> same files I can ingest them if I don't use a datastore.properties files. So
> creating only a shapefile that stors the the data for the rasters works.
>
> The error message is like this:
>
>     Could not list layers for this store, an error occurred retrieving them:
> Failed to create reader from file:chirps and hints Hints: EXECUTOR_SERVICE =
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@155604df[Running, pool size = 0,
> active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0] REPOSITORY =
> org.geoserver.catalog.CatalogRepository@10dee30e System defaults:
> FILTER_FACTORY = FilterFactoryImpl FORCE_LONGITUDE_FIRST_AXIS_ORDER = true
> FEATURE_FACTORY = org.geotools.feature.LenientFeatureFactoryImpl@7bc10d84
> FORCE_AXIS_ORDER_HONORING = http LENIENT_DATUM_SHIFT = true
> COMPARISON_TOLERANCE = 1.0E-8 STYLE_FACTORY = StyleFactoryImpl
> GRID_COVERAGE_FACTORY = GridCoverageFactory TILE_ENCODING = null
>
> In the logs it also says :
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to create reader from file:chirps and
> hints Hints:
>   EXECUTOR_SERVICE =
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@155604df[Running, pool size = 0,
> active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0]
>   REPOSITORY       = org.geoserver.catalog.CatalogRepository@10dee30e
> System defaults:
>   FILTER_FACTORY                   = FilterFactoryImpl
>   FORCE_LONGITUDE_FIRST_AXIS_ORDER = true
>   FEATURE_FACTORY                  =
> org.geotools.feature.LenientFeatureFactoryImpl@7bc10d84
>   FORCE_AXIS_ORDER_HONORING        = http
>   LENIENT_DATUM_SHIFT              = true
>   COMPARISON_TOLERANCE             = 1.0E-8
>   STYLE_FACTORY                    = StyleFactoryImpl
>   GRID_COVERAGE_FACTORY            = GridCoverageFactory
>     TILE_ENCODING                  = null
>

> I have given write permissions to the flder that contains the files r and
> still I have the same error message.
>
> Any clues about what is causing this?
>
> Kind regards,
> Corina
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

> If you want to request a feature or an improvement, also see this: https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Successfully-requesting-and-integrating-new-features-and-improvements-in-GeoServer

Re: Error when trying to create an imagemosic from tif files

GeoServer - User mailing list
Hi Simone,

I am not sure what the problem was, maybe the naming of the files, it was something like chirps.1981.05.tif, I have changed it to chirps-198105.tif . I had also processed the files a bit and it seems things are ok right now.

Kind regards,
Corina

On Sunday, August 19, 2018, 7:04:40 PM GMT+1, Simone Giannecchini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

> [hidden email][Running, pool size = 0,
> active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0]
>  REPOSITORY      = [hidden email]
> System defaults:
>  FILTER_FACTORY                  = FilterFactoryImpl
>  FORCE_LONGITUDE_FIRST_AXIS_ORDER = true
>  FEATURE_FACTORY                  =
>  FORCE_AXIS_ORDER_HONORING        = http
>  LENIENT_DATUM_SHIFT              = true
>  COMPARISON_TOLERANCE            = 1.0E-8
>  STYLE_FACTORY                    = StyleFactoryImpl
>  GRID_COVERAGE_FACTORY            = GridCoverageFactory
>    TILE_ENCODING                  = null
>

> I have given write permissions to the flder that contains the files r and
> still I have the same error message.
>
> Any clues about what is causing this?
>
> Kind regards,
> Corina

Re: Error when trying to create an imagemosic from tif files

Cool,
strange that the naming caused problems.

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini
==

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 11:37 AM Corina Tudorache <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> [hidden email][Running, pool size = 0,
> active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0]
>  REPOSITORY      = [hidden email]
> System defaults:
>  FILTER_FACTORY                  = FilterFactoryImpl
>  FORCE_LONGITUDE_FIRST_AXIS_ORDER = true
>  FEATURE_FACTORY                  =
>  FORCE_AXIS_ORDER_HONORING        = http
>  LENIENT_DATUM_SHIFT              = true
>  COMPARISON_TOLERANCE            = 1.0E-8
>  STYLE_FACTORY                    = StyleFactoryImpl
>  GRID_COVERAGE_FACTORY            = GridCoverageFactory
>    TILE_ENCODING                  = null
>

> I have given write permissions to the flder that contains the files r and
> still I have the same error message.
>
> Any clues about what is causing this?
>
> Kind regards,
> Corina

Re: Error when trying to create an imagemosic from tif files

I am not sure if this was the problem. What I am sure of is that no matter what I did, I wasn't able to create the imagemosaic. Maybe GeoServer has a strange sense of humor. :)

Regards,
Corina

On Monday, August 20, 2018, 10:40:43 AM GMT+1, Simone Giannecchini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

> [hidden email][Running, pool size = 0,
> active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0]
>  REPOSITORY      = [hidden email]
> System defaults:
>  FILTER_FACTORY                  = FilterFactoryImpl
>  FORCE_LONGITUDE_FIRST_AXIS_ORDER = true
>  FEATURE_FACTORY                  =
>  FORCE_AXIS_ORDER_HONORING        = http
>  LENIENT_DATUM_SHIFT              = true
>  COMPARISON_TOLERANCE            = 1.0E-8
>  STYLE_FACTORY                    = StyleFactoryImpl
>  GRID_COVERAGE_FACTORY            = GridCoverageFactory
>    TILE_ENCODING                  = null
>

> I have given write permissions to the flder that contains the files r and
> still I have the same error message.
>
> Any clues about what is causing this?
>
> Kind regards,
> Corina

Re: Error when trying to create an imagemosic from tif files

Simone,

After doing a few more test I came to the conclusion that actually the name of the files were causing me the strange error message. I tested with the files that I was able to ingest effortless as imagemosaic, but changed the name to the original ones and indeed I can not create an imagemosaic store. This might have to do with the fact that the name is an entree on the time dimension field?

Best,
Corina

On Monday, August 20, 2018, 11:41:28 AM GMT+1, Corina Tudorache <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

> [hidden email][Running, pool size = 0,
> active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0]
>  REPOSITORY      = [hidden email]
> System defaults:
>  FILTER_FACTORY                  = FilterFactoryImpl
>  FORCE_LONGITUDE_FIRST_AXIS_ORDER = true
>  FEATURE_FACTORY                  =
>  FORCE_AXIS_ORDER_HONORING        = http
>  LENIENT_DATUM_SHIFT              = true
>  COMPARISON_TOLERANCE            = 1.0E-8
>  STYLE_FACTORY                    = StyleFactoryImpl
>  GRID_COVERAGE_FACTORY            = GridCoverageFactory
>    TILE_ENCODING                  = null
>

> I have given write permissions to the flder that contains the files r and
> still I have the same error message.
>
> Any clues about what is causing this?
>
> Kind regards,
> Corina

Re: Error when trying to create an imagemosic from tif files

Strange,
I would file a jira issue with some examples of the filenames and the mosaic configs.

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini
==