Error using a postgis layer that has a field with a dot

Error using a postgis layer that has a field with a dot

Gabriele Monfardini
Hi, all,

I'm using Mapguide 2.4.0 and 2.5.2 on Centos 32 bit, with OGR Provider and
Postgresql 9.2 / Postgis 2 (libgdal is recompiled w postgresql support).

All works correctly.

Today I've loaded a shp file into a postgis layer.
The shapefile has a field with a dot.

Then, validating in Maestro all layers in the same PostgreSQL schema, some
of them result missing (Class Not Found Error) while they are present and
have always worked correctly.

Error.log is complaining about the dot

<2015-01-22T12:32:18>   2039397232      MapGuide Maestro v6.0.0.0
xx.xx.xx.xx       Administrator
 Error: An exception occurred in FDO component.
        Error occurred in Feature Source (Library://a/b/c.FeatureSource):
Invalid Feature schema element name 'area comp.'; must not contain '.'.
(Cause: , Root Cause: Invalid Feature schema element name 'area comp.';
must not contain '.'.)

and reports the missing layers.
If I validate again the error about the dot does not compare, it complains
only about the missing layers.

It takes me a while to find the cause of this error.
Removing the problematic field, all layers validate successfully.
Here in my opinion is what happened.

The dot cause an FDO Exception during schema discovery.
This stopped the analisys of the layers in the schema, but partial results
are nonetheless cached.
So already found layers result as found, not yet analyzed ones result as
missing.
The error about the dot does not compare anymore until cached schema
information are purged.

In my opinion this behaviour is a bug.
If a FDO Exception arises during schema discovery no caching of partial
info should be done.

What do you think?
Should I open a bug?

Regards,