Error in user documentation?

Stefano Iacovella
it is stated that
"A workspace name is a identifier describing your project. It must not exceed ten characters or contain spaces"
I am not sure if in the past this limit was present, but as for 2.x release of GeoServer I have been able to create workspace name longer than 10 characters.
Is it an error?

Cheers

Stefano
41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella

http://twitter.com/#!/Iacovellas

Re: Error in user documentation?

jody.garnett
It may not be enforced by the UI, but it is worth keeping the restriction in mind.

I expect the restriction comes from:
a) the XML Schema specification[1]
b) the WMS / WFS / WCS specification

I also noted that you can type illegal characters when naming a Layer resulting in a GetCapabilities document that cannot be parsed. Basically do not view the web administrative (or the REST API) validation as authoritative (or even consistent).
--
Jody

Jody Garnett