Error in the maximum zoom in preview and maps

Error in the maximum zoom in preview and maps

andresj
Alessio, I changed the subject

This happens with all types of layers, both in the preview and in the maps.

When zooming to the extension of the layer (epsg: 22195) the coordinates requested to gesoserver are these:

Bbox = SRSEnvelope [-6535977.413699: -6535900.9766708, -4094502.2935821: -4094425.8565538]

Then I take the maximum zoom (1: 1066) and the coordinates requested to geoserver are these:

Bbox = SRSEnvelope [-3912505.7292604: -3912429.2922321, -8783837.5411966: -8783761.1041683]

or these others with a WMS (epsg: 22185) loaded through the local geoserver:

Bbox = SRSEnvelope [-1.001875417E7: -5009377.085, -5009377.085: 0.0]

And I find these errors in the geoserver log:

[geoserver.gwc] - Error dispatching tile request to GeoServer
org.geowebcache.grid.OutsideCoverageException: Coverage [minx, miny, maxx, maxy] is [176532, 208496, 176735, 208663, 19], index [x, y, z] is [210959, 147229, 19]

Thank you very much for the help!!

@Elton, about GeoNode 2.8.1 please read below [1]

@Andres, if you could put together a use case description along with some sample data, it would be very helpful to debug the issue and figure out a solution.

[1]

2.8.0 -> 2.8.1
==========
Mostly bugfixes. The only new relevenat features are:
 - Download Original Dataset link
 - Monitoring contrib module make use of GeoIP2
 - RemoteServices support for ArcGIS Map layers and GeoNode harvesing
 - api/layers API change -> added more metadata fields
 - Support for native projections
 - Support GeoServer 2.13.x

Migrations:
 - ResourceBase: added "uploadsession" foreign key
 - Layers: altered file filed in order to upload to date-time subfolder

You can see the detailed list of changes from here

2.8.1 -> 2.10.0
===========
Differences are only on Django version and test runner

apt-get
======
Unless I am able to find some time to work on debian package (or there's some volunteer work), apt-get install won't be able to update the code by itself.
Nevertheless it can still be done manually. Probably I can send instructions to do that.

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
==

Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Hello Elton
I tried this that Alessio suggested to me, and solved the problem of zooming to the extension of the layer.

on the maps you can apply this fix here (should be easy)

If you would like to allow GeoNode storing (and managing) the original
bbox / srid, you should consider this one also

In particular this solved the zoom problem:

However now I am testing with this installation method

where the zoom to the extension works, but I have another problem when I reach the maximum zoom level (1: 1066) and then I pan, the map goes to strange coordinates.
My layers are in coordinates in meters (epsg: 22185) and I use the base map of OSM by default, and I can not reproject the layers because they come from another Postgis database.

Maybe Alessio can help us ...
Good luck! and thanks in advance

Hi Andres,

Could you patch your code so that the zoom works?
I have the same problem, please help me.

Hi Alessio,

I found a commit that edits the utils.py and it does not work for me, do you know which other file is modified?

Can you please tell me about when the Geonode 2.8.1 will be relesead?
I'm looking forward to it soon...

Thank you so much

Elton

Thanks Alessio
This solved the problem in "uploadlayers".

The zoom to the layer extension still shows incorrectly.
Can it be solved in a simple way?

Thank you again!

Yep,
this issue has been fixed on master branch (future 2.8.1 version).

For a quick fix just do

vim  /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/geoserver/helpers.py

-- go to line  614

replace

    "srid": resource.srid

with

    "srid": resource.projection

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
==

[...]

Hello everyone

I just installed stable version 2.8 using APT in Ubuntu 16.04 also newly installed. Geonode works and I can load layers, edit metadata, etc.
I have found two problems, perhaps related:
1- When viewing the layer information, the preview takes me to an erroneous extension, however if I look for the location manually the layer looks correct. The same happens when creating a map with any layer.

2- I have connected in geoserver another postgis database and published several layers. When executing "updatelayers" it shows me the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/django-admin", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('Django==1.8.19', 'console_scripts', 'django-admin')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 354, in execute_from_command_line
    utility.execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 346, in execute
    self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 394, in run_from_argv
    self.execute(*args, **cmd_options)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 445, in execute
    output = self.handle(*args, **options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/geoserver/management/commands/updatelayers.py", line 122, in handle
    execute_signals=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/geoserver/helpers.py", line 614, in gs_slurp
    "srid": resource.srid
Exception: ('Failed to process ancho_calle', AttributeError("'FeatureType' object has no attribute 'srid'",))

The same happens with the layers loaded by the Geonode interface, it shows the same error.

What can I do to solve it?
Greetings and thanks in advance.
--
   Andrés Juarez

   Andrés Juarez

"Este mensaje y sus anexos van dirigidos exclusivamente a la persona o entidad que se muestra como destinatario/s y pueden contener datos personales y/o información confidencial, sometida a secreto profesional o cuya divulgación esté prohibida en la legislación vigente. Queda prohibida, toda divulgación, reproducción u otra acción al respecto por parte de personas o entidades  distintas al destinatario/s. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, por favor, contáctenos a la siguiente dirección de correo electrónico [hidden email] y proceda a su eliminación.

En cumplimiento a lo establecido en la Ley de Protección de Datos Personales - Ley N° 29733, le informamos que sus datos personales obtenidos son almacenados bajo la confidencialidad y las medidas de seguridad legalmente establecidas y no serán cedidos ni compartidos con empresas ni entidades ajenas a la Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería. Si lo desea, usted podrá ejercitar los derechos de actualización, inclusión, rectificación, supresión u oposición, enviando un mensaje al correo electrónico anteriormente señalado e indicando en el "Asunto" el derecho que desea ejercer"

--
   Andrés Juarez

--
   Andrés Juarez