Error in reading gtiff from ERDAS Imagine

Error in reading gtiff from ERDAS Imagine

Juan Ignacio
Hi everybody,

I am trying to write 1 band DEMS files into a tiff files. Even though the image
looks ok in pci geomatics and ENVI, it is not possible to load it on ERDAS.
ERDAS takes de image as 3 band rather of just 1 and when loads the image it
can't find the band 3. In the past I was using the same code to generate colour
coded tiff and I had no problems with gdal vs 1.2.1. Now I am on 1.2.6 and I
was using the option:

status = GDALSetMetadataItem( poDriver, "INTERLEAVE", "PIXEL", "" );

Has anyone bumped into this problem? Any advise will most appreciated.

Cheers,
Juan

Re: Error in reading gtiff from ERDAS Imagine

Frank Warmerdam-2
On 6/10/05, Juan Cicuéndez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am trying to write 1 band DEMS files into a tiff files. Even though the image
> looks ok in pci geomatics and ENVI, it is not possible to load it on ERDAS.
> ERDAS takes de image as 3 band rather of just 1 and when loads the image it
> can't find the band 3. In the past I was using the same code to generate colour
> coded tiff and I had no problems with gdal vs 1.2.1. Now I am on 1.2.6 and I
> was using the option:
>
> status = GDALSetMetadataItem( poDriver, "INTERLEAVE", "PIXEL", "" );
>
> Has anyone bumped into this problem? Any advise will most appreciated.

Juan,

I am not sure why this isn't working.  Can you provide me with access
to the GeoTIFF file that isn't readable in Imagine?