Error importing big files

Ashish Acharya
Hi all,

I'm having some trouble importing a big (>150 MB) raster layer using the importlayers command. It goes through Apache which stops the upload even though I've changed the max post size, max upload size etc. in Apache's conf. Has anyone faced this issue?

So I guess my question is: How do I bypass the normal upload mechanism and push large raster data directly into the GeoNode?

Best Regards,
Ashish Acharya

Re: Error importing big files

mentaer

Hi Ashish,

I am ftp-ing the raster files to the server and then add them in GeoServer. Afterwards I use geonode updatelayers command. This way you can also add raster mosaics.

cheersm
stefan

On 10/30/17 11:14, Ashish Acharya wrote:
Hi all,

I'm having some trouble importing a big (>150 MB) raster layer using the importlayers command. It goes through Apache which stops the upload even though I've changed the max post size, max upload size etc. in Apache's conf. Has anyone faced this issue?

So I guess my question is: How do I bypass the normal upload mechanism and push large raster data directly into the GeoNode?

Best Regards,
Ashish Acharya

Re: Error importing big files

toni_schoenbuchner
Hi Ashish,

Can you check MAX_DOCUMENT _SIZE in your settings.py

If you just need a quick workaround you could add the Layer directly to geoserver
And use

geonode updatelayers --ignore-errors --skip-geonode-registered

to make them available for geonode.

By the way. What does your apache2 error.log say?

Cheers toni

  1. Error importing big files (Ashish Acharya)

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 19:59:38 +0545
From: Ashish Acharya <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Cc: Robert Banick <[hidden email]>
Subject: [GeoNode-users] Error importing big files

I'm having some trouble importing a big (>150 MB) raster layer using the
importlayers command. It goes through Apache which stops the upload even
though I've changed the max post size, max upload size etc. in Apache's
conf. Has anyone faced this issue?

So I guess my question is: How do I bypass the normal upload mechanism and
push large raster data directly into the GeoNode?

Best Regards,
Ashish Acharya
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 20:03:18 +0545
From: Ashish Acharya <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [GeoNode-users] Raster styling issue

This is a raster layer I uploaded to my geonode instance:
http://geonode.ashishacharya.com/layers/geonode:koshi_baseline_scenario_flooding_rp025#map=107.1212247426634/9688532.79/3069598.57/0

I have lots of these raster layers that load up fine in QGIS, but I'm not
able to have them display properly on the GeoNode. I've fiddled around with
some settings in the GeoServer but to no avail. I'd be grateful for any
help on this issue.

Best Regards,
Ashish Acharya
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 11:19:57 -0400
From: Paolo Corti <[hidden email]>
To: Ashish Acharya <[hidden email]>
Cc: geonode-users <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [GeoNode-users] Raster styling issue

Hello Ashish
without looking at the original file it would be impossible to figure out
what it is happening
could you share it?
thanks

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Ashish Acharya
<[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

This is a raster layer I uploaded to my geonode instance:
http://geonode.ashishacharya.com/layers/geonode:koshi_baseline_scenario_flooding_rp025#map=107.1212247426634/9688532.79/3069598.57/0

I have lots of these raster layers that load up fine in QGIS, but I'm not
able to have them display properly on the GeoNode. I've fiddled around with
some settings in the GeoServer but to no avail. I'd be grateful for any help
on this issue.

Best Regards,
Ashish Acharya

Paolo Corti