Error 126 with Windows 10

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Error 126 with Windows 10

John Wall
Hello,
I am attempting to get GRASS 7.2.1-1 installed on my Windows 10 machine using the Osgeo4w Set-up x86 utility. I chose Advanced Install and then Install from Internet. After installing and restarting my machine, I tried to start GRASS, but got the following error:

C:\>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\wxgui.py", line 158, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\wxgui.py", line 145, in main
    app = GMApp(workspaceFile)
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\wxgui.py", line 48, in __init__
    wx.App.__init__(self, False)
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 7981, in __init__
    self._BootstrapApp()
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 7555, in _BootstrapApp
    return _core_.PyApp__BootstrapApp(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\wxgui.py", line 90, in OnInit
    from lmgr.frame import GMFrame
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\lmgr\frame.py", line 50, in <module>
    from lmgr.layertree import LayerTree, LMIcons
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\lmgr\layertree.py", line 38, in <module>
    from mapdisp.frame import MapFrame
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\mapdisp\frame.py", line 34, in <module>
    from mapdisp.toolbars import MapToolbar, NvizIcons
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\mapdisp\toolbars.py", line 22, in <module>
    from nviz.main import haveNviz
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\nviz\main.py", line 24, in <module>
    from nviz import mapwindow
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\nviz\mapwindow.py", line 42, in <module>
    from nviz.workspace import NvizSettings
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\nviz\workspace.py", line 23, in <module>
    from nviz import wxnviz
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\nviz\wxnviz.py", line 46, in <module>
    from grass.lib.vector import *
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\etc\python\grass\lib\vector.py", line 23, in <module>
    _libs["grass_vector.7.2.1"] = load_library("grass_vector.7.2.1")
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\etc\python\grass\lib\ctypes_loader.py", line 62, in load_library
    return self.load(path)
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\etc\python\grass\lib\ctypes_loader.py", line 240, in load
    return _WindowsLibrary(path)
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\etc\python\grass\lib\ctypes_loader.py", line 223, in __init__
    self.cdll = ctypes.cdll.LoadLibrary(path)
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 443, in LoadLibrary
    return self._dlltype(name)
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 365, in __init__
    self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
WindowsError: [Error 126] The specified module could not be found

What do I need to do to get GRASS to launch?
Thanks,
John

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Wall, Graduate Teaching Assist.
Earth Science Ph.D. Student

Department of Marine, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
NC State University; Office4139 Jordan Hall

_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error 126 with Windows 10

John Wall
Hello all,
I talked with Vashek offline and he metnioned I should try to uninstall and reinstall. I did that. We then tried d.rast which threw this error:

d.rast
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1/gui/wxpython/gui_core/forms.py", line 2962, in <module>
   app = GrassGUIApp(task)
 File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1/gui/wxpython/gui_core/forms.py", line 2915, in __init__
   wx.App.__init__(self, False)
 File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\Python27\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 7981, in __init__
   self._BootstrapApp()
 File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\Python27\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 7555, in _BootstrapApp
   return _core_.PyApp__BootstrapApp(*args, **kwargs)
 File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1/gui/wxpython/gui_core/forms.py", line 2929, in OnInit
   task_description=self.grass_task)
 File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1/gui/wxpython/gui_core/forms.py", line 529, in __init__
   frame=self)
 File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1/gui/wxpython/gui_core/forms.py", line 2212, in __init__
   margin=False)
 File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\gui_core\goutput.py", line 112, in __init__
   self.cmdPrompt = GPromptSTC(parent=self, menuModel=self._menuModel)
 File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\gui_core\prompt.py", line 143, in __init__
   GPrompt.__init__(self, parent=parent, menuModel=menuModel)
 File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\gui_core\prompt.py", line 57, in __init__
   self.mapList = self._getListOfMaps()
 File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\gui_core\prompt.py", line 101, in _getListOfMaps
   result['raster'] = grass.list_strings('raster')
 File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\etc\python\grass\script\core.py", line 1161, in list_strings
   mapset=mapset).splitlines():
 File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\etc\python\grass\script\core.py", line 461, in read_command
   return handle_errors(returncode, stdout, args, kwargs)
 File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\etc\python\grass\script\core.py", line 329, in handle_errors
   returncode=returncode)
grass.exceptions.CalledModuleError: Module run None ['g.list', '--q', '-m', 'type=raster'] ended with error
Process ended with non-zero return code -1073741515. See errors in the (error) output.
12:10:00 PM: Debug: ..\..\include\wx/msw/private.h(697): 'UnregisterClass' failed with error 0x00000584 (class still has open windows.).

he then recommended g.region -p which told me "gdal201.dll". He then recommended I post this to the mailing list. Any one have any ideas?
Thanks,
John

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Wall, Graduate Teaching Assist.
Earth Science Ph.D. Student

Department of Marine, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
NC State University; Office4139 Jordan Hall

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 2:09 PM, John Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
I am attempting to get GRASS 7.2.1-1 installed on my Windows 10 machine using the Osgeo4w Set-up x86 utility. I chose Advanced Install and then Install from Internet. After installing and restarting my machine, I tried to start GRASS, but got the following error:

C:\>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\wxgui.py", line 158, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\wxgui.py", line 145, in main
    app = GMApp(workspaceFile)
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\wxgui.py", line 48, in __init__
    wx.App.__init__(self, False)
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 7981, in __init__
    self._BootstrapApp()
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 7555, in _BootstrapApp
    return _core_.PyApp__BootstrapApp(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\wxgui.py", line 90, in OnInit
    from lmgr.frame import GMFrame
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\lmgr\frame.py", line 50, in <module>
    from lmgr.layertree import LayerTree, LMIcons
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\lmgr\layertree.py", line 38, in <module>
    from mapdisp.frame import MapFrame
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\mapdisp\frame.py", line 34, in <module>
    from mapdisp.toolbars import MapToolbar, NvizIcons
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\mapdisp\toolbars.py", line 22, in <module>
    from nviz.main import haveNviz
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\nviz\main.py", line 24, in <module>
    from nviz import mapwindow
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\nviz\mapwindow.py", line 42, in <module>
    from nviz.workspace import NvizSettings
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\nviz\workspace.py", line 23, in <module>
    from nviz import wxnviz
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\gui\wxpython\nviz\wxnviz.py", line 46, in <module>
    from grass.lib.vector import *
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\etc\python\grass\lib\vector.py", line 23, in <module>
    _libs["grass_vector.7.2.1"] = load_library("grass_vector.7.2.1")
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\etc\python\grass\lib\ctypes_loader.py", line 62, in load_library
    return self.load(path)
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\etc\python\grass\lib\ctypes_loader.py", line 240, in load
    return _WindowsLibrary(path)
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.2.1\etc\python\grass\lib\ctypes_loader.py", line 223, in __init__
    self.cdll = ctypes.cdll.LoadLibrary(path)
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 443, in LoadLibrary
    return self._dlltype(name)
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 365, in __init__
    self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
WindowsError: [Error 126] The specified module could not be found

What do I need to do to get GRASS to launch?
Thanks,
John

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Wall, Graduate Teaching Assist.
Earth Science Ph.D. Student

Department of Marine, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
NC State University; Office4139 Jordan Hall


_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error 126 with Windows 10

Helmut Kudrnovsky
>Hello all,
>I talked with Vashek offline and he metnioned I should try to >uninstall and reinstall. I did that. We then tried d.rast which threw >this error:
>
>d.rast
>Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\grass\grass->7.2.1/gui/wxpython/gui_core/forms.py", line 2962, in <module>

Do you other python installations on your system (and in path)?
best regards
Helmut
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error 126 with Windows 10

Jürgen E. Fischer
In reply to this post by John Wall
Hi John,

On Thu, 13. Jul 2017 at 12:28:12 -0400, John Wall wrote:
> he then recommended g.region -p which told me "gdal201.dll". He then
> recommended I post this to the mailing list. Any one have any ideas?

GDAL in OSGeo4W was updated to 2.2.  Apparently GRASS is still linked to GDAL
2.1 and the package does have a dependency to gdal201dll, which would install
gdal201.dll.  Installing gdal201dll should help.


Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode

_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user

signature.asc (844 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error 126 with Windows 10

John Wall
Hello Helmut and Juergen,
I talked with Vashek some more offline and it seems that the issue has something to do with Windows. Since I can get GRASS 7.0 to work on my Ubuntu machine, I'll just use it on there.
Best,
John

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Wall, Graduate Teaching Assist.
Earth Science Ph.D. Student

Department of Marine, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
NC State University; Office4139 Jordan Hall

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Jürgen E. Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi John,

On Thu, 13. Jul 2017 at 12:28:12 -0400, John Wall wrote:
> he then recommended g.region -p which told me "gdal201.dll". He then
> recommended I post this to the mailing list. Any one have any ideas?

GDAL in OSGeo4W was updated to 2.2.  Apparently GRASS is still linked to GDAL
2.1 and the package does have a dependency to gdal201dll, which would install
gdal201.dll.  Installing gdal201dll should help.


Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. <a href="tel:%2B49-4931-918175-31" value="+49493191817531">+49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. <a href="tel:%2B49-4931-918175-50" value="+49493191817550">+49-4931-918175-50
Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode

_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user


_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error 126 with Windows 10

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi John,

On Mon, 17. Jul 2017 at 11:01:54 -0400, John Wall wrote:
> it seems that the issue has something to do with Windows.

Of course.  I now added a dependency to the osgeo4w package.  gdal201dll should
now be installed automatically.


Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden               http://www.norbit.de

_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user

signature.asc (844 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error 126 with Windows 10

John Wall
Great! I'll see if I can get it to work automatically later today.
Best,
John

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Wall, Graduate Teaching Assist.
Earth Science Ph.D. Student

Department of Marine, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
NC State University; Office4139 Jordan Hall

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Jürgen E. Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi John,

On Mon, 17. Jul 2017 at 11:01:54 -0400, John Wall wrote:
> it seems that the issue has something to do with Windows.

Of course.  I now added a dependency to the osgeo4w package.  gdal201dll should
now be installed automatically.


Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. <a href="tel:%2B49-4931-918175-31" value="+49493191817531">+49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. <a href="tel:%2B49-4931-918175-50" value="+49493191817550">+49-4931-918175-50
Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden               http://www.norbit.de

_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user


_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Loading...