Eporting text (labels)

masanderoff@outlook.com

RE: CAD .dwg file

Hi all,

I have succeddfully exported lines to .dxf file but can’t seem to add text / lables as well. Any ideas appreciated.

Warm regards

Maura

M a u r a   S a n d e r o f f

MSCad  PrArchTech T1591

Architectural  Services

Re: Eporting text (labels)

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi Maura,

How did you export? Note that there are two options:

  1. Layer right-click --> Save As (uses OGR library, without symbology/labels)
  2. Menu Project --> Import/Export --> Export Project to DXF (native export from QGIS, with symbology/labels)

I generally recommend the second option, as it better transports symbology and labels. The first option only exports raw geometries and almost no styling and certainly no labels.

Hope this helps,

Andreas