Enhanced Stylization - <repeat> value

GordonL
Hi All,
Quick question, how do you stylize the line to have a single symbol at the beginning of each line.

I tried putting
<Repeat>Length2D (  Geometry  )  </Repeat>
so the symbol only appears on the end..but no luck - perhaps in offset?

any hints?

Re: Enhanced Stylization - <repeat> value

GordonL
To follow up, I figured if I made the repeat the same as the length of the line I would only get 1 or maybe 2 symbols:

 <LineUsage>
    <AngleControl>'FromAngle'</AngleControl>
    <VertexControl>'OverlapNoWrap'</VertexControl>
    <Angle>0</Angle>
    <StartOffset>0</StartOffset>
    <EndOffset>0</EndOffset>
    <Repeat>Length2D (Geometry) </Repeat>
  </LineUsage>

Puts a symbol at the beginning of the line - easy peasy.

Re: Enhanced Stylization - <repeat> value

zspitzer
is it worth adding this to to the wiki?

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/AdvancedStylization

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 1:39 PM, GordonL
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, I figured it out.  If the repeat is completely missing and one of the
> begin or end tags are missing, it automatically puts the symbol at the
> associated end.  For example,
>
>  <LineUsage>
>    <AngleControl>'FromAngle'</AngleControl>
>    <VertexControl>'OverlapNoWrap'</VertexControl>
>    <Angle>0</Angle>
>    <StartOffset>0</StartOffset>
>  </LineUsage>
>
> Puts a symbol at the beginning of the line - easy peasy.

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
http://www.ennoble.com.au
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168

Re: Enhanced Stylization - <repeat> value

Ivan Miličević-3
Can you post a image of that line?

Re: Enhanced Stylization - <repeat> value

Traian Stanev

To be precise, if repeat is set to zero or a negative number, the symbol will only be placed at the start and/or end offset positions. I assume that removing the repeat element just sets it to zero which has the desired effect.

Here is some extra information from Walt for about what happens when repeat <= 0:

For non-positive Repeat values the VertexControl option is ignored, and the following rules apply to the StartOffset and EndOffset parameters:

* if the StartOffset is specified (>=0) then a symbol is drawn at the start offset location
* if the EndOffset is specified (>=0) then a symbol is drawn at the end offset location
* if the StartOffset and EndOffset are both specified but their sum is greater than the polyline length (the EndOffset offset location comes before the StartOffset location) then no symbols are drawn
* if the StartOffset and EndOffset are both unspecified (< 0) then no symbols are drawn

Traian

GordonL
Thanks for that. i have now re-created all my  leaders and flow arrows using this technique.

Re: Enhanced Stylization - <repeat> value

GordonL

These lines were made with adding an additional point (just the triangle rotated 90)
I left the EndOffSet empty
StartOffset 0,
Repeat  0