Ending our zoom subscription

Tim Sutton-6
Dear PSC

We have decided to stop using Zoom at Kartoza - it is a great tool but these days Google Hangouts seems to work quite well so we plan to save the USD 300 we spend on Zoom each year and rather by doughnuts or something equally valuable instead. My subscription will still be valid for our November meeting but following that we should move to a new platform. Shall we try google hangouts or does someone want to recommend something else?

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards

Tim

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Ex Project chair: QGIS.org

Desktop GIS programming services
Geospatial web development
GIS Training
Consulting Services

Skype: timlinux
IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

I'd love to connect. Here's my calendar link to make finding time easy.

Re: Ending our zoom subscription

ginetto
I used many times (but without recoriding)

here the repo https://github.com/jitsi?tab=repositories

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Book: Mastering QGIS3 - 3rd Edition
* Hire a team: http://www.qcooperative.net

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

I'd love to connect. Here's my calendar link to make finding time easy.

Re: Ending our zoom subscription

Tim Sutton-6
Thanks Luigi - I remember we tried that in the past and it was very unreliable - maybe it is better now? Worth giving it another go….

Regards

Tim

On 16 Oct 2019, at 20:45, Luigi Pirelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

<KartozaNewLogoThumbnail.jpg>

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

I'd love to connect. Here's my calendar link to make finding time easy.

Marco Bernasocchi

QGIS.org Co-chair
http://berna.io

Re: Ending our zoom subscription

pcav
I also found it unreliable.
Thanks Tim for allowing us to use Zoom for all these years!
Cheers.

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

--
Sorry for being short

Re: Ending our zoom subscription

Markus Neteler
On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 9:45 PM Luigi Pirelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I use https://jitsi.org/
> I used many times (but without recoriding)
>
> here the repo https://github.com/jitsi?tab=repositories

Out of curiosity:
Does anyone have experience with self-hosting jitsi? There are some
docker images for that available but I didn't try.
Maybe also a way for high reliability?

best
Markus

Re: Ending our zoom subscription

Tim Sutton-6
Hi

Markus I was going to try a self hosted one on a little Hetzner VPS and see how it works - will let you know if it seems worthwhile.

Regards

Tim

On 17 Oct 2019, at 08:31, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 9:45 PM Luigi Pirelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

I use https://jitsi.org/
I used many times (but without recoriding)

here the repo https://github.com/jitsi?tab=repositories

Out of curiosity:
Does anyone have experience with self-hosting jitsi? There are some
docker images for that available but I didn't try.
Maybe also a way for high reliability?

best
Markus

---