Enabling FAIR Data

"Peter Löwe"
Dear board,

is there a timeline until when the board is going to sign the commitment statement of the Enabling FAIR Data project (http://www.copdess.org/enabling-fair-data-project/commitment-to-enabling-fair-data-in-the-earth-space-and-environmental-sciences/), as was decided previously ?

best,
Peter

<[hidden email]>

Re: Enabling FAIR Data

Angelos Tzotsos
Dear Peter,

This was discussed in the latest board meeting, and there is a pending
action to sign.

Best,
Angelos

On 10/11/18 9:55 AM, "Peter Löwe" wrote:

> Dear board,
>
> is there a timeline until when the board is going to sign the commitment statement of the Enabling FAIR Data project (http://www.copdess.org/enabling-fair-data-project/commitment-to-enabling-fair-data-in-the-earth-space-and-environmental-sciences/), as was decided previously ?
>
> best,
> Peter
>
> <[hidden email]>

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Enabling FAIR Data

delawen
Hi,

Yes, I think this falls on my back, but I have been pretty busy.

How do we do it? Do we need some presentido face to face signature or should I just sign it as president and share the scanned version?

El vie., 19 oct. 2018 22:21, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> escribió:
Dear Peter,

This was discussed in the latest board meeting, and there is a pending
action to sign.

Best,
Angelos

On 10/11/18 9:55 AM, "Peter Löwe" wrote:
> Dear board,
>
> is there a timeline until when the board is going to sign the commitment statement of the Enabling FAIR Data project (http://www.copdess.org/enabling-fair-data-project/commitment-to-enabling-fair-data-in-the-earth-space-and-environmental-sciences/), as was decided previously ?
>
> best,
> Peter
>
> <[hidden email]>

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Enabling FAIR Data

"Peter Löwe"
Hi María, hi Board,

the process is very easy and can be handled online in less than 5 minutes:

0.) [Optional] Read through the commitment statement:
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.copdess.org/enabling-fair-data-project/commitment-to-enabling-fair-data-in-the-earth-space-and-environmental-sciences/&sa=D&ust=1540033113702000&usg=AFQjCNGt-Pw9hEt-WdqMQpnh0K6qLQZlKA

1.) Open the Sign On Enabling Fair Data URL:
http://www.copdess.org/enabling-fair-data-project/commitment-to-enabling-fair-data-in-the-earth-space-and-environmental-sciences/

2.) Enter your personal details (full name, e-mail address),

3.) Respond to the next question (personal / organizational signing) "Organization" [everybpdy is of course welcome to sign the statement personally, too!]

4.) Indicate what kind of an organization OSGeo is (IMHO we qualify as "Repository" (due to the software repositories of the OSGeo projects) and "Society/Community", not sure if we can claim to be a "Research data infrastructure" ?)

5.) State the name of our organisation

6.) Click the checkboxes regarding authorisation to sign for OSGeo, the actual signing, and that the name OSGeo can be displayed in public.

That's it.

I'm forwarding you a message by Shelley Stall (Enabling Fair project manager) about upcoming action, which are related to the next global RDA meeting. It would be great opportunity if OSGeo would be mentioned as a signatory in this context.

Best,
Peter

---snip---

Hello Enabling FAIR Data Signatories and Stakeholders (all of you in BCC),

We are less than two weeks away from our public announcement and corresponding communications push around our Enabling FAIR Data Commitment Statement. To ground all of the project work thus far in preparation for the announcements, we are working on finalizing our FAQs page on the project website. These are the same FAQ that were recently sent around for your review. Since then we’ve integrated all of the feedback (thank you!), and selected the questions for posting that represented our common community understandings. Questions that did not have clarity or consensus were held back from the online posting for later discussion.

With the goal of best supporting culture change across the Earth and Space Science communities, we would like the FAQ to be useful as a broad resource. This will help different organizations align information so researchers especially get the same message from all of us.

To help us best achieve this goal, please respond to this email with one of the following answers:

  1. YES!  We are ready to link to the FAQ from our website to provide this reference to our community!  Add us to the review group for new updates.
  2. Almost!  We will be ready with the following adjustments.   List adjustments…
  3. Not at this time.  We agree this content is valuable but will be using our own material with an effort to be as aligned as possible.
  4. None of the above. Will share reasoning to help the project understand the circumstances.
  5. We are interested in giving feedback only, add us to the review group for new updates.
  6. [Your custom answer here]

Once the FAQ content is ready to go, we will remove the text about being “in review” at the top, assign the first version number, and register this version with a DOI. Going forward, any changes will be reviewed by this same group. The updated content would get a new version number and new DOI (Zenodo gives a new DOI for a new version).

Please let us know your response by October 24th.  If you need more time, let us know.

The word version used to populate the WordPress page is attached should that be helpful.

Best regards,

Shelley Stall

Lynn Yarmey

Yes, I think this falls on my back, but I have been pretty busy.

How do we do it? Do we need some presentido face to face signature or should I just sign it as president and share the scanned version?

El vie., 19 oct. 2018 22:21, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> escribió:
Dear Peter,

This was discussed in the latest board meeting, and there is a pending
action to sign.

Best,
Angelos

On 10/11/18 9:55 AM, "Peter Löwe" wrote:
> Dear board,
>
> is there a timeline until when the board is going to sign the commitment statement of the Enabling FAIR Data project (http://www.copdess.org/enabling-fair-data-project/commitment-to-enabling-fair-data-in-the-earth-space-and-environmental-sciences/), as was decided previously ?
>
> best,
> Peter
>
> <[hidden email]>

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Follow-up: Enabling FAIR Data

"Peter Löwe"
Hi María, hi Board,

just checking: Has my last mail (below) reached you all ?

best,
Peter

Yes, I think this falls on my back, but I have been pretty busy.

How do we do it? Do we need some presentido face to face signature or should I just sign it as president and share the scanned version?

El vie., 19 oct. 2018 22:21, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> escribió:
Dear Peter,

This was discussed in the latest board meeting, and there is a pending
action to sign.

Best,
Angelos

On 10/11/18 9:55 AM, "Peter Löwe" wrote:
> Dear board,
>
> is there a timeline until when the board is going to sign the commitment statement of the Enabling FAIR Data project (http://www.copdess.org/enabling-fair-data-project/commitment-to-enabling-fair-data-in-the-earth-space-and-environmental-sciences/), as was decided previously ?
>
> best,
> Peter
>
> <[hidden email]>

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Follow-up: Enabling FAIR Data

delawen
Hi,

Sorry. I have been pretty disconnected the last few days, I'm going to do it now.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 1:37 PM "Peter Löwe" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi María, hi Board,

just checking: Has my last mail (below) reached you all ?

best,
Peter

Yes, I think this falls on my back, but I have been pretty busy.

How do we do it? Do we need some presentido face to face signature or should I just sign it as president and share the scanned version?

El vie., 19 oct. 2018 22:21, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> escribió:
Dear Peter,

This was discussed in the latest board meeting, and there is a pending
action to sign.

Best,
Angelos

On 10/11/18 9:55 AM, "Peter Löwe" wrote:
> Dear board,
>
> is there a timeline until when the board is going to sign the commitment statement of the Enabling FAIR Data project (http://www.copdess.org/enabling-fair-data-project/commitment-to-enabling-fair-data-in-the-earth-space-and-environmental-sciences/), as was decided previously ?
>
> best,
> Peter
>
> <[hidden email]>

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

OSGeo signs the Enabling FAIR Data commitment statement !

"Peter Löwe"
Hi María, hi Board,

This is an important step to align the stakeholders in the field of Open Science.
It would be great if this could be announced as foundation news on the OSGeo website and also the mailing lists (Open GeoScience Committee, GeoForAll, etc). For the OpengeoScience committee, I will draft an announcement ASAP.

best,
Peter