Empty pages after deleting wro4j cache files

Empty pages after deleting wro4j cache files

Murilo Caixêta
Hi, list!

I'm working with GN 3.2.1 and recently I deleted wro4j-cache* files in my
data dir. After this, when I try to load any page, it comes empty. This is
the message I get from console:

GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/srv/eng/catalog.search [HTTP/1.1 200
145 ms]
GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/gn_search_default.css [HTTP/1.1
404  107 ms]
GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/bootstrap-table.min.css
[HTTP/1.1 404  106 ms]
GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/ng-skos.css [HTTP/1.1 404  95
ms]
GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/srv_custom_style.css [HTTP/1.1
404  63 ms]
GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/lib.js [HTTP/1.1 404  96 ms]
GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/gn_search_default.js [HTTP/1.1
404  96 ms]
GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/gn_search_default.js [HTTP/1.1
404  22 ms]
ReferenceError: angular is not defined[Saber mais]  catalog.search:24:13

Does anybody knows what is happening?

Thank you!

Re: Empty pages after deleting wro4j cache files

Francois Prunayre
Hi,

Did you made any changes to the Javascript files ?

You could try to add "?debug" in URL eg. catalog.search?debug to not
use the cache and try to rebuild it from the admin or restart the app.

HTH

Francois

> Hi, list!
>
> I'm working with GN 3.2.1 and recently I deleted wro4j-cache* files in my
> data dir. After this, when I try to load any page, it comes empty. This is
> the message I get from console:
>
> GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/srv/eng/catalog.search [HTTP/1.1 200
> 145 ms]
> GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/gn_search_default.css [HTTP/1.1
> 404  107 ms]
> GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/bootstrap-table.min.css
> [HTTP/1.1 404  106 ms]
> GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/ng-skos.css [HTTP/1.1 404  95
> ms]
> GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/srv_custom_style.css [HTTP/1.1
> 404  63 ms]
> GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/lib.js [HTTP/1.1 404  96 ms]
> GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/gn_search_default.js [HTTP/1.1
> 404  96 ms]
> GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/gn_search_default.js [HTTP/1.1
> 404  22 ms]
> ReferenceError: angular is not defined[Saber mais]  catalog.search:24:13
>
> Does anybody knows what is happening?
>
> Thank you!

Re: Empty pages after deleting wro4j cache files

Murilo Caixêta
Hi, Francois, thank you for you answer.

I don't think I've made any changes on javascript files and I've tried
debug mode before but with no result.

Now I have a completely different problem. I tried to reinstall GN from the
.war file but the app don't start after deploying. I tried to use my older
installation but I get the same error. Then a tried downgrading from
tomcat8 to tomcat7 and it still doesn't start the application.

I get this message from web manager:

FAIL - Application at context path /geonetwork could not be started

The logs are these:

SEVERE: The web application [/geonetwork] appears to have started a thread
named [ElementEventQueue.QProcessor-1] but has failed to stop it$

I am running on Ubuntu 16.04.

Thank you for your attention.

Murilo

> Hi,
>
> Did you made any changes to the Javascript files ?
>
> You could try to add "?debug" in URL eg. catalog.search?debug to not
> use the cache and try to rebuild it from the admin or restart the app.
>
> HTH
>
> Francois

> > Hi, list!
> >
> > I'm working with GN 3.2.1 and recently I deleted wro4j-cache* files in my
> > data dir. After this, when I try to load any page, it comes empty. This
> is
> > the message I get from console:
> >
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/srv/eng/catalog.search [HTTP/1.1
> 200
> > 145 ms]
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/gn_search_default.css
> [HTTP/1.1
> > 404  107 ms]
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/bootstrap-table.min.css
> > [HTTP/1.1 404  106 ms]
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/ng-skos.css [HTTP/1.1 404
> 95
> > ms]
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/srv_custom_style.css
> [HTTP/1.1
> > 404  63 ms]
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/lib.js [HTTP/1.1 404  96 ms]
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/gn_search_default.js
> [HTTP/1.1
> > 404  96 ms]
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/gn_search_default.js
> [HTTP/1.1
> > 404  22 ms]
> > ReferenceError: angular is not defined[Saber mais]  catalog.search:24:13
> >
> > Does anybody knows what is happening?
> >
> > Thank you!
> projects/geonetwork

Re: Empty pages after deleting wro4j cache files

Durkee
Hi Murilo

I'm on Windows so different OS, as well as tomcat 8 and I had the very same issue last week.
For me the issue was with Java, I uninstalled then re-installed my JDK then it worked properly.

Hope this helps
Kevin

Re: Empty pages after deleting wro4j cache files

Murilo Caixêta
Hi, Kevin. Thank you for the answer. I tried your solution but it is still
not working for me.

Actually I formated my PC but I still get stuck in the same issue, so I
think I am doing something wrong on the installation process.

I installed Tomcat using this tutorial:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-apache-tomcat-8-on-ubuntu-16-04

Then I deployed GN 3.2.1 from the .war file in the webapps folder. The
deploy goes OK, but when I try to start the application I get this message:

FAIL - Application at context path /geonetwork could not be started

The complete logs in catalina.out file is this:

13-Mar-2017 11:42:52.652 INFORMAÇÕES [http-nio-8080-exec-10]

> [...]
> at
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
>
> 13-Mar-2017 11:42:54.640 ADVERTÊNCIA [http-nio-8080-exec-10]
> org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesThreads The
> web application [geonetwork] appears to have started a thread named
> [ElementEventQueue.QProcessor-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very
> likely to create a memory leak. Stack trace of thread:
>  java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>  java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:502)
>
>  org.apache.jcs.engine.control.event.ElementEventQueue.take(ElementEventQueue.java:181)
>
>  org.apache.jcs.engine.control.event.ElementEventQueue.access$300(ElementEventQueue.java:35)
>
>  org.apache.jcs.engine.control.event.ElementEventQueue$QProcessor.run(ElementEventQueue.java:245)

Does anybody have any idea of what I am doing wrong?? Thank you!

> Hi Murilo
>
> I'm on Windows so different OS, as well as tomcat 8 and I had the very same
> issue last week.
> For me the issue was with Java, I uninstalled then re-installed my JDK then
> it worked properly.
>
> Hope this helps
> Kevin

> projects/geonetwork

Re: Empty pages after deleting wro4j cache files

Francois Prunayre
Hi, your issue is related to the fact that all catalogues are starting
more than one JMS messaging system on same port.

See https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/issues/1933 for
details. I'll try to improve that soon.

HTH

Francois

> [...]
>>  java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>>  java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:502)
>>
>>  org.apache.jcs.engine.control.event.ElementEventQueue.take(ElementEventQueue.java:181)
>>
>>  org.apache.jcs.engine.control.event.ElementEventQueue.access$300(ElementEventQueue.java:35)
>>
>>  org.apache.jcs.engine.control.event.ElementEventQueue$QProcessor.run(ElementEventQueue.java:245)
>>

> Does anybody have any idea of what I am doing wrong?? Thank you!

>> Hi Murilo
>>
>> I'm on Windows so different OS, as well as tomcat 8 and I had the very same
>> issue last week.
>> For me the issue was with Java, I uninstalled then re-installed my JDK then
>> it worked properly.
>>
>> Hope this helps
>> Kevin
>>

>> --

>> projects/geonetwork

Re: Empty pages after deleting wro4j cache files

Hi, Francois. Is there anything I can do before you improve the system?

Thank you.

> [...]
> $300(ElementEventQueue.java:35)
> >>
> >>  org.apache.jcs.engine.control.event.ElementEventQueue$QProce
> ssor.run(ElementEventQueue.java:245)
> >>

> > Does anybody have any idea of what I am doing wrong?? Thank you!

> >> Hi Murilo
> >>
> >> I'm on Windows so different OS, as well as tomcat 8 and I had the very
> same
> >> issue last week.
> >> For me the issue was with Java, I uninstalled then re-installed my JDK
> then
> >> it worked properly.
> >>
> >> Hope this helps
> >> Kevin
> >>

> >> --

> >> projects/geonetwork

> s/geonetwork

Re: Empty pages after deleting wro4j cache files

Francois Prunayre
> Hi, Francois. Is there anything I can do before you improve the system?

Yes. See the workaround described in the ticket. Unzip the jar, change
the port in the configuration file indicated in the ticket, zip and
restart.

HTH

> Thank you.

>> Hi, your issue is related to the fact that all catalogues are starting
>> more than one JMS messaging system on same port.
>>
>> See https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/issues/1933 for
>> details. I'll try to improve that soon.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Francois

>> > Hi, Kevin. Thank you for the answer. I tried your solution but it is
>> > still
>> > not working for me.
>> >
>> > Actually I formated my PC but I still get stuck in the same issue, so I
>> > think I am doing something wrong on the installation process.
>> >
>> > I installed Tomcat using this tutorial:
>> >
>> > https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-apache-tomcat-8-on-ubuntu-16-04
>> >
>> > Then I deployed GN 3.2.1 from the .war file in the webapps folder. The
>> > deploy goes OK, but when I try to start the application I get this
>> > message:
>> >
>> > FAIL - Application at context path /geonetwork could not be started
>> >>

>> > The complete logs in catalina.out file is this:
>> >
>> > 13-Mar-2017 11:42:52.652 INFORMAÇÕES [http-nio-8080-exec-10]

>> > Does anybody have any idea of what I am doing wrong?? Thank you!

>> > GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
>> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork

Re: Empty pages after deleting wro4j cache files

Adam Laža
Hi Francois,

I have similar problem. After migrating to current version I get empty page
only with CookiesWarning (nothing happens if I click on Accept or Reject
cookies). I did not change any js or conf file.
However after adding "?debug" in URL I get the search/home page as usual.

How can I reach the homepage without using debug?

Thanks,
Adam

> Hi,
>
> Did you made any changes to the Javascript files ?
>
> You could try to add "?debug" in URL eg. catalog.search?debug to not
> use the cache and try to rebuild it from the admin or restart the app.
>
> HTH
>
> Francois

> > Hi, list!
> >
> > I'm working with GN 3.2.1 and recently I deleted wro4j-cache* files in my
> > data dir. After this, when I try to load any page, it comes empty. This
> is
> > the message I get from console:
> >
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/srv/eng/catalog.search [HTTP/1.1
> 200
> > 145 ms]
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/gn_search_default.css
> [HTTP/1.1
> > 404  107 ms]
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/bootstrap-table.min.css
> > [HTTP/1.1 404  106 ms]
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/ng-skos.css [HTTP/1.1 404
> 95
> > ms]
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/srv_custom_style.css
> [HTTP/1.1
> > 404  63 ms]
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/lib.js [HTTP/1.1 404  96 ms]
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/gn_search_default.js
> [HTTP/1.1
> > 404  96 ms]
> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/gn_search_default.js
> [HTTP/1.1
> > 404  22 ms]
> > ReferenceError: angular is not defined[Saber mais]  catalog.search:24:13
> >
> > Does anybody knows what is happening?
> >
> > Thank you!
> projects/geonetwork

> projects/geonetwork

Re: Empty pages after deleting wro4j cache files

Francois Prunayre
Hi

> Hi Francois,
>
> I have similar problem. After migrating to current version I get empty page
> only with CookiesWarning (nothing happens if I click on Accept or Reject
> cookies). I did not change any js or conf file.
> However after adding "?debug" in URL I get the search/home page as usual.
>
> How can I reach the homepage without using debug?
Not 100% sure, but you could try the following :
* clean the browser cache
* drop the wro4j-cache.db and restart
* or maybe try to clean the cache from the admin
http://localhost:8080/geonetwork/srv/eng/admin.console?debug#/tools

HTH

> Thanks,
> Adam

>> Hi,
>>
>> Did you made any changes to the Javascript files ?
>>
>> You could try to add "?debug" in URL eg. catalog.search?debug to not
>> use the cache and try to rebuild it from the admin or restart the app.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Francois

>> > Hi, list!
>> >
>> > I'm working with GN 3.2.1 and recently I deleted wro4j-cache* files in
>> > my
>> > data dir. After this, when I try to load any page, it comes empty. This
>> > is
>> > the message I get from console:
>> >
>> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/srv/eng/catalog.search [HTTP/1.1
>> > 200
>> > 145 ms]
>> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/gn_search_default.css
>> > [HTTP/1.1
>> > 404  107 ms]
>> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/bootstrap-table.min.css
>> > [HTTP/1.1 404  106 ms]
>> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/ng-skos.css [HTTP/1.1 404
>> > 95
>> > ms]
>> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/srv_custom_style.css
>> > [HTTP/1.1
>> > 404  63 ms]
>> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/lib.js [HTTP/1.1 404  96 ms]
>> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/gn_search_default.js
>> > [HTTP/1.1
>> > 404  96 ms]
>> > GET http://localhost:8081/geonetwork/static/gn_search_default.js
>> > [HTTP/1.1
>> > 404  22 ms]
>> > ReferenceError: angular is not defined[Saber mais]  catalog.search:24:13
>> >
>> > Does anybody knows what is happening?
>> >
>> > Thank you!

>> > GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
>> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork

>> GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork

Re: Empty pages after deleting wro4j cache files

Adam Laža
Hi Francois,

Not 100% sure, but you could try the following :
> * clean the browser cache
> * drop the wro4j-cache.db and restart
> * or maybe try to clean the cache from the admin
> http://localhost:8080/geonetwork/srv/eng/admin.console?debug#/tools
>
> thank you very much, cleaning cache from the admin worked for me!

Adam