Elections final reminder

Jorge Sanz (OSGeo)
Hi,

I've just sent the Charter Members final reminder to 63 people (16
haven't voted, 47 with uncompleted votes). So at at least 2/3 of the
membership have participated on this process. As someone told me on
IRC, it would be great to compare these participation numbers with
other years.

Tomorrow I'll send the results and start the nominations for the Board
for the next two weeks. BTW immediately after that I'll start my
holidays (1 week), so I'll try to review mail and nominations once a
day but won't be as active as two past weeks.

Best

--
Jorge Sanz
http://www.osgeo.org

Re: Elections final reminder

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Jorge!

Great, I was going to email you for an update this morning, thanks. Will
you record the participation numbers somewhere, for the future?

I'll be online tomorrow morning likely (Mike Smith and his wife are
leaving in the morning, after a week's vacation at my home), will look
for you.  Oh on your holidays I'll continue to monitor the CRO email, in
case something pressing comes up and you are on a beach :)

And thanks again for all this hard work, and setting up a system that
will be used for years to come.

-jeff

On 2014-08-08 7:41 AM, Jorge Sanz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just sent the Charter Members final reminder to 63 people (16
> haven't voted, 47 with uncompleted votes). So at at least 2/3 of the
> membership have participated on this process. As someone told me on
> IRC, it would be great to compare these participation numbers with
> other years.
>
> Tomorrow I'll send the results and start the nominations for the Board
> for the next two weeks. BTW immediately after that I'll start my
> holidays (1 week), so I'll try to review mail and nominations once a
> day but won't be as active as two past weeks.
>
> Best

Re: Elections final reminder

David William Bitner-3
Jorge,

A huge +1 to the thanks that Jeff gave. This Charter Member election has seemed to be the most engaged process I can remember with OSGeo much of that thanks to your responsiveness!

David

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 6:21 AM, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jorge!

Great, I was going to email you for an update this morning, thanks. Will you record the participation numbers somewhere, for the future?

I'll be online tomorrow morning likely (Mike Smith and his wife are leaving in the morning, after a week's vacation at my home), will look for you.  Oh on your holidays I'll continue to monitor the CRO email, in case something pressing comes up and you are on a beach :)

And thanks again for all this hard work, and setting up a system that will be used for years to come.

-jeff

Re: Elections final reminder

Cameron Shorter
Hi Jeff,
Once board elections start, I suggest disengaging with the CRO email
list, to avoid anyone accusing you of bias (as I understand you will be
standing).

Currently, who does the CRO email address forward to?

On 8/08/2014 9:21 pm, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Oh on your holidays I'll continue to monitor the CRO email, in case
> something pressing comes up and you are on a beach :)

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager
LISAsoft
Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf,
26 - 32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont NSW 2009

P +61 2 9009 5000,  W www.lisasoft.com,  F +61 2 9009 5099

Re: Elections final reminder

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Cameron,

I'm glad you mentioned this.

Early on in the Charter Member elections I told Jorge not to tell a
single person any result, or who is leading etc, including me.  (I said
the same thing to Bart in a past election).  I have no access to votes,
I made sure of this.  The CRO email is only used for questions, which I
don't see is an issue if I answer them.

-jeff

On 2014-08-08 5:41 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
> Once board elections start, I suggest disengaging with the CRO email
> list, to avoid anyone accusing you of bias (as I understand you will be
> standing).
>
> Currently, who does the CRO email address forward to?
>
> On 8/08/2014 9:21 pm, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>> Oh on your holidays I'll continue to monitor the CRO email, in case
>> something pressing comes up and you are on a beach :)

Re: Elections final reminder

Cameron Shorter
Hi Jeff,
All the same, I think it better if someone not running for the board
answer CRO emails about board elections. Wasn't someone else helping
Jorge? Otherwise, maybe ask one of the carry on board members - Jachym,
Jorge, Bart or Gerald. If there are no other volunteers, I'm happy to
help out (as I won't be re-running for the board).

On 9/08/2014 9:11 am, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Hi Cameron,
>
> I'm glad you mentioned this.
>
> Early on in the Charter Member elections I told Jorge not to tell a
> single person any result, or who is leading etc, including me. (I said
> the same thing to Bart in a past election).  I have no access to
> votes, I made sure of this.  The CRO email is only used for questions,
> which I don't see is an issue if I answer them.
>
> -jeff
>

> On 2014-08-08 5:41 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>> Hi Jeff,
>> Once board elections start, I suggest disengaging with the CRO email
>> list, to avoid anyone accusing you of bias (as I understand you will be
>> standing).
>>
>> Currently, who does the CRO email address forward to?
>>
>> On 8/08/2014 9:21 pm, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>>> Oh on your holidays I'll continue to monitor the CRO email, in case
>>> something pressing comes up and you are on a beach :)

Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager
LISAsoft
Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf,
26 - 32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont NSW 2009

P +61 2 9009 5000,  W www.lisasoft.com,  F +61 2 9009 5099

Re: Elections final reminder

Jorge Sanz (OSGeo)
> Hi Jeff,
> All the same, I think it better if someone not running for the board answer
> CRO emails about board elections. Wasn't someone else helping Jorge?
> Otherwise, maybe ask one of the carry on board members - Jachym, Jorge, Bart
> or Gerald. If there are no other volunteers, I'm happy to help out (as I
> won't be re-running for the board).

I also think CRO alias should only mail to me and a backup not running
for elections. I've tried to not bother too much Jeff with Charter
Members elections, but without any doubt he has been really helpful on
assuring things were done, keeping an eye on the mails flowing,
helping me on harvesting charter member e-mail addresses, etc.

Board elections won't be so busy, I expect a low number of mails and
will try to answer them as quick as possible so the backup CRO won't
have too much work. Anyway I always think that having a backup is good
for any procedure so I appreciate your help :)

Best

--
Jorge Sanz
http://www.osgeo.org
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jorge_Sanz

Re: Elections final reminder

jmckenna
Administrator
Well since the Board elections start today, we need a volunteer ASAP to
help Jorge (I don't think a single sole realized it was me testing the
voting system with Jorge, changing email notification text, monitoring
the flow of questions etc)...so please in the next few hours file a
ticket in Trac regarding changing the CRO email alias.

Thanks again Jorge! ...stepping aside ha :)

-jeff

On 2014-08-09 7:15 AM, Jorge Sanz wrote:

>> Hi Jeff,
>> All the same, I think it better if someone not running for the board answer
>> CRO emails about board elections. Wasn't someone else helping Jorge?
>> Otherwise, maybe ask one of the carry on board members - Jachym, Jorge, Bart
>> or Gerald. If there are no other volunteers, I'm happy to help out (as I
>> won't be re-running for the board).
>>

> I also think CRO alias should only mail to me and a backup not running
> for elections. I've tried to not bother too much Jeff with Charter
> Members elections, but without any doubt he has been really helpful on
> assuring things were done, keeping an eye on the mails flowing,
> helping me on harvesting charter member e-mail addresses, etc.
>
> Board elections won't be so busy, I expect a low number of mails and
> will try to answer them as quick as possible so the backup CRO won't
> have too much work. Anyway I always think that having a backup is good
> for any procedure so I appreciate your help :)
>
> Best

Re: Elections final reminder

Venkatesh Raghavan
On 2014/08/09 8:11, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Early on in the Charter Member elections I told Jorge not to tell a
> single person any result, or who is leading etc, including me.  (I
> said the same thing to Bart in a past election).  I have no access to
> votes, I made sure of this.  The CRO email is only used for questions,
> which I don't see is an issue if I answer them.

As long as the secrecy of the ballot is maintained, I do not see a
problem with the President of the
Foundation answering questions any any of the mailing list.

Venka

Re: Elections final reminder

Jorge Sanz (OSGeo)

> On 2014/08/09 8:11, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>>
>> Early on in the Charter Member elections I told Jorge not to tell a single
>> person any result, or who is leading etc, including me.  (I said the same
>> thing to Bart in a past election).  I have no access to votes, I made sure
>> of this.  The CRO email is only used for questions, which I don't see is an
>> issue if I answer them.
>

> As long as the secrecy of the ballot is maintained, I do not see a problem
> with the President of the
> Foundation answering questions any any of the mailing list.
>
> Venka

There's no problem on the President answering mails on any of the
mailing lists, but [hidden email] is supposed to be the e-mail of the
person(s) in charge of the elections, so I think makes sense that none
of them are a candidate.

By the way, I also think we can absolve him from some of the elections
homework, I'm sure he's doing a more important job looking for new
candidates :-)