Election of the new GeoNode PSC: looking for a volunteer

Election of the new GeoNode PSC: looking for a volunteer

Alessio Fabiani-2
Dear all,

Accordingly to the new accepted rules for the PSC bootstrapping (see https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/wiki/Community-Bylaws#project-steering-committee), we will follow the current procedure:

  • A volunteer is chosen to manage the voting platform and announces the results. The volunteer is excluded from the potential list of nominees.
  • Nominations for the brand new PSC can be submitted for a period of one week at most, after which voting can begin.
  • The five nominees receiving the most votes will be selected as the PSC.
We are looking for a volunteer, not interested to be part of the future PSC, willing to manage the Loomio thread collecting nominations and votes.

I remember everyone that, accordingly to the new rules, there is 1 Week available to collect nominations and votes as soon as the volunteer will officially start the procedure.

Anyone interested on being member of the new GeoNode PSC, please stay tuned.

Do not miss this occasion.

Regards,
Alessio Fabiani.

--

==

==
Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A - 55054  Massarosa (LU) - Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Re: Election of the new GeoNode PSC: looking for a volunteer

juliermeopensourcedeveloper
Hi Alessio Fabiani,

I think I do not have Python and Django  encoding background enough to help improving and updating Geonode Scripts. But If I can help in a different way as typing a tutorial, keeping some data and information records, and publishing statistics, etc, do not hesitate to contact me and I will be a volunteer.

Asking many questions through geonode-users and geonodes-devel email list, I was motivated to install GeoNode from source [1] and update GeoNode using GeoNode-Project [2] [3]. I have accomplished all of that as you can see through the screenshot (GeoNode.png) in attached. I may not fit for the volunteer place you are looking for, but if I can help somehow, let me know please. You may have to be very patient with my English skills as well.

Kind Regards

Julierme

[...]

GeoNode.png (1M) Download Attachment

Re: Election of the new GeoNode PSC: looking for a volunteer

mentaer

Hi all,

similar to Julierme I was/am offering my help with this. I as well don't do much programming and have very few python experience, but anyway... Only showstopper for me would be that I am traveling from 5. June to 10. July (in Europe though...).

Thanks for your work and cheers from Chile,

Stefan

GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Alessio Fabiani