Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

12

Election 2018 Board of Directors elections results

Vasile Crăciunescu
Dear OSGeo community,

These are the results from the 2018 elections for the 4 open
seats of the OSGeo Board of Directors. The results in alphabetical
order are:

* Angelos Tzotsos
* Michael Smith
* Tom Kralidis
* Victoria Rautenbach

Thanks to all candidates for going through the elections process!

Election figures are:

* Membership: 427
* Valid votes: 341

There were no scores to arbitrate.

The complete resulting Board (wiki order) for 2018/2019 is:

* María Arias de Reyna
* Astrid Emde
* Jody Garnett
* Jeff McKenna
* Helena Mitasova
* Angelos Tzotsos
* Michael Smith
* Tom Kralidis
* Victoria Rautenbach

Please congratulate the new OSGeo Directors!

The wiki page was updated with the detailed results [1].

That being said, I would like to thank all OSGeo members for taking part
in elections and for keeping OSGeo strong. This is really important! Of
course, we had a few glitches along the way. Thank you for patience and
to SAC for the quick response.

Special thanks go to my CRO helpers, Vicky & Jorge, for all the energy
and hard work committed during this very busy period. Your support means
a lot to me!

This is also my last post as member of OSGeo Board of Directors. It was
a great pleasure and honor to serve the community from this position.
I'm confided that the new board will do a great job. Best of luck!

Thank you all for caring for OSGeo,
Vasile, Vicky & Jorge
CRO 2018

[1]

Re: Election 2018 Board of Directors elections results

Vasile Crăciunescu
Please find below the link for the results wiki page

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Election_2018_Results

-Vasile

On 12/4/18 7:56 AM, Vasile Craciunescu wrote:

> Dear OSGeo community,
>
> These are the results from the 2018 elections for the 4 open
> seats of the OSGeo Board of Directors. The results in alphabetical
> order are:
>
> * Angelos Tzotsos
> * Michael Smith
> * Tom Kralidis
> * Victoria Rautenbach
>
> Thanks to all candidates for going through the elections process!
>
> Election figures are:
>
> * Membership: 427
> * Valid votes: 341
>
> There were no scores to arbitrate.
>
> The complete resulting Board (wiki order) for 2018/2019 is:
>
> * María Arias de Reyna
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * Angelos Tzotsos
> * Michael Smith
> * Tom Kralidis
> * Victoria Rautenbach
>
> Please congratulate the new OSGeo Directors!
>
> The wiki page was updated with the detailed results [1].
>
> That being said, I would like to thank all OSGeo members for taking part
> in elections and for keeping OSGeo strong. This is really important! Of
> course, we had a few glitches along the way. Thank you for patience and
> to SAC for the quick response.
>
> Special thanks go to my CRO helpers, Vicky & Jorge, for all the energy
> and hard work committed during this very busy period. Your support means
> a lot to me!
>
> This is also my last post as member of OSGeo Board of Directors. It was
> a great pleasure and honor to serve the community from this position.
> I'm confided that the new board will do a great job. Best of luck!
>
> Thank you all for caring for OSGeo,
> Vasile, Vicky & Jorge
> CRO 2018
>
> [1]

Re: Election 2018 Board of Directors elections results

Suchith Anand

Congratulations to the new Board.

Best wishes,

Suchith

[...]

attachment.

where permitted by law.

Re: Election 2018 Board of Directors elections results

Tom Kralidis
Thank you to CRO, the new and returning board members and the OSGeo community.

It is an honour and a privilege to be elected. Thank you for your support and looking forward to more great things in OSGeo!

..Tom

> On Dec 4, 2018, at 01:14, Vasile Craciunescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Please find below the link for the results wiki page
>
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Election_2018_Results
>
> -Vasile
>
>> On 12/4/18 7:56 AM, Vasile Craciunescu wrote:
>> Dear OSGeo community,
>> These are the results from the 2018 elections for the 4 open
>> seats of the OSGeo Board of Directors. The results in alphabetical
>> order are:
>> * Angelos Tzotsos
>> * Michael Smith
>> * Tom Kralidis
>> * Victoria Rautenbach
>> Thanks to all candidates for going through the elections process!
>> Election figures are:
>> * Membership: 427
>> * Valid votes: 341
>> There were no scores to arbitrate.
>> The complete resulting Board (wiki order) for 2018/2019 is:
>> * María Arias de Reyna
>> * Astrid Emde
>> * Jody Garnett
>> * Jeff McKenna
>> * Helena Mitasova
>> * Angelos Tzotsos
>> * Michael Smith
>> * Tom Kralidis
>> * Victoria Rautenbach
>> Please congratulate the new OSGeo Directors!
>> The wiki page was updated with the detailed results [1].
>> That being said, I would like to thank all OSGeo members for taking part in elections and for keeping OSGeo strong. This is really important! Of course, we had a few glitches along the way. Thank you for patience and to SAC for the quick response.
>> Special thanks go to my CRO helpers, Vicky & Jorge, for all the energy and hard work committed during this very busy period. Your support means a lot to me!
>> This is also my last post as member of OSGeo Board of Directors. It was a great pleasure and honor to serve the community from this position. I'm confided that the new board will do a great job. Best of luck!
>> Thank you all for caring for OSGeo,
>> Vasile, Vicky & Jorge
>> CRO 2018
>> [1]

Re: Election 2018 Board of Directors elections results

Nicolas Roelandt

Congratulations to the new OSGeo Directors.
Thanks for your involvement, we made some improvements last years but there is still a lot of work to make the OSGeo community more open and welcoming.

Thanks to this year CRO, Vasile, Vicky & Jorge, for this election who went quite smoothly from my distant eye.

Cheers,

Nicolas Roelandt

Le mar. 4 déc. 2018 à 06:56, Vasile Craciunescu <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

Bien cordialement,

Nicolas Roelandt
mail: [hidden email]
mobile: +33 (0)6 42 40 42 55
twitter: @RoelandtN42

Re: Election 2018 Board of Directors elections results

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Thank you very much Vasile. Great work from you and others from the CRO. Big welcome to new members. I'm glad to see that the board is more and more balanced in terms of gender. On the other hand other balances are still hard to achieve: six of the nine members of the new Board (if I'm not wrong) come from countries that have English as its official language; all members are from the so-called First World (we could probably take out Victoria from it). This doesn't mean I'm confident the new Board will do a very good job. This only means we need to continue working towards a more equitable and democratic -OSGeo- world. I think we're on the right path. Maybe slower than we wish but... As Italians say: piano piano si va lontano.
I'm very happy and proud to be part of this Community.

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía
URUGUAY
(598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330
http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/

Please find below the link for the results wiki page

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Election_2018_Results

-Vasile

On 12/4/18 7:56 AM, Vasile Craciunescu wrote:

> Dear OSGeo community,
>
> These are the results from the 2018 elections for the 4 open
> seats of the OSGeo Board of Directors. The results in alphabetical
> order are:
>
> * Angelos Tzotsos
> * Michael Smith
> * Tom Kralidis
> * Victoria Rautenbach
>
> Thanks to all candidates for going through the elections process!
>
> Election figures are:
>
> * Membership: 427
> * Valid votes: 341
>
> There were no scores to arbitrate.
>
> The complete resulting Board (wiki order) for 2018/2019 is:
>
> * María Arias de Reyna
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * Angelos Tzotsos
> * Michael Smith
> * Tom Kralidis
> * Victoria Rautenbach
>
> Please congratulate the new OSGeo Directors!
>
> The wiki page was updated with the detailed results [1].
>
> That being said, I would like to thank all OSGeo members for taking part
> in elections and for keeping OSGeo strong. This is really important! Of
> course, we had a few glitches along the way. Thank you for patience and
> to SAC for the quick response.
>
> Special thanks go to my CRO helpers, Vicky & Jorge, for all the energy
> and hard work committed during this very busy period. Your support means
> a lot to me!
>
> This is also my last post as member of OSGeo Board of Directors. It was
> a great pleasure and honor to serve the community from this position.
> I'm confided that the new board will do a great job. Best of luck!
>
> Thank you all for caring for OSGeo,
> Vasile, Vicky & Jorge
> CRO 2018
>
> [1]

Re: Election 2018 Board of Directors elections results

stevenfeldman
Congratulations to those elected or re-elected to the board. I hope you have a great year ahead, all of us are rooting for you!

Thanks to the retiring board members and to the CRO team for all of your hard work

May the FOSS be with you
______
Steven

On 4/12/18 4:56 pm, Vasile Craciunescu wrote:
[...]

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Dear OSGeo Community,

great - we have a new board!

Congratulations and a big welcome to the new OSGeo board members. Great
to work with Angelos and Michael together again. And looking forward to
meet Tom and Victoria in the board and work with them.

I would have loved to see all our great nominees in the board. So thanks
to all the candidates. And there are many more great OSGeo people all
around the world. Let us not forget that independant from the board
there are so many great projects in OSGeo we can work on and get
involved.

It is a pleasure to be in such a great community.

Thanks to the CRO for all your work!

Astrid

Am 04.12.2018 06:56 schrieb Vasile Craciunescu:

> Dear OSGeo community,
>
> These are the results from the 2018 elections for the 4 open
> seats of the OSGeo Board of Directors. The results in alphabetical
> order are:
>
> * Angelos Tzotsos
> * Michael Smith
> * Tom Kralidis
> * Victoria Rautenbach
>
> Thanks to all candidates for going through the elections process!
>
> Election figures are:
>
> * Membership: 427
> * Valid votes: 341
>
> There were no scores to arbitrate.
>
> The complete resulting Board (wiki order) for 2018/2019 is:
>
> * María Arias de Reyna
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * Angelos Tzotsos
> * Michael Smith
> * Tom Kralidis
> * Victoria Rautenbach
>
> Please congratulate the new OSGeo Directors!
>
> The wiki page was updated with the detailed results [1].
>
> That being said, I would like to thank all OSGeo members for taking
> part in elections and for keeping OSGeo strong. This is really
> important! Of course, we had a few glitches along the way. Thank you
> for patience and to SAC for the quick response.
>
> Special thanks go to my CRO helpers, Vicky & Jorge, for all the energy
> and hard work committed during this very busy period. Your support
> means a lot to me!
>
> This is also my last post as member of OSGeo Board of Directors. It
> was a great pleasure and honor to serve the community from this
> position. I'm confided that the new board will do a great job. Best of
> luck!
>
> Thank you all for caring for OSGeo,
> Vasile, Vicky & Jorge
> CRO 2018
>
> [1]

Re: Election 2018 Board of Directors elections results

Vicky Vergara-2
Hello all

Will update the website soon.

Regards
Vicky

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 2:51 PM Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany

Vicky Vergara
Operations Research

eMail: vicky@georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info

Tel: +49 (089) 4161 7698-1
Fax: +49 (089) 4161 7698-9

CEO: Daniel Kastl

Re: Election 2018 Board of Directors elections results

Vicky Vergara-2
Dear all

Sorry for the delay.
Please visit the page with the new Board members

Regards
Vicky

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 2:53 PM Vicky Vergara <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Angelos Tzotsos
Thanks to the CRO and CRO team for the amazing effort.
Thanks to all the candidates for stepping up to do the work.

I would like to say a big thank you to our community. I am very honored
to serve you on the board.

Best regards,
Angelos

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD