Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

12

Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

Vasile Crăciunescu
Dear OSGeo community,

These are the results from the 2017 elections for the 5 open
seats of the OSGeo Board of Directors. The results in alphabetical
order are:

* Astrid Emde
* Jody Garnett
* Jeff McKenna
* Helena Mitasova
* María Arias de Reyna

Thanks to all candidates to ongoing through the elections process.
Election figures are:

* Membership: 390
* Valid votes: 308
* Not finished votes: 5
* Not voted: 77

There were no scores to arbitrate. One candidate withdraw during the
voting period. A final position is expected from the candidate ASAP.
Thank you all who voted!!

The complete resulting Board (wiki order) for 2017/2018 is:

* Vasile Craciunescu
* Maria Antonia Brovelli
* Michael Smith
* Angelos Tzotsos
* Astrid Emde
* Jody Garnett
* Jeff McKenna
* Helena Mitasova
* María Arias de Reyna

Personally I just want to express my joy for the excellent scores of our
ladies candidates, elected or not.

Please congratulate the new OSGeo Directors!

My job as CRO is almost finished now, I will update the wiki with the
detailed results (CSV with every vote and the timestamp) as soon as
possible.

Best,
Vasile
CRO 2017

Re: Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

Jorge Sanz (OSGeo)

On 26 October 2017 at 16:08, Vasile Craciunescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Congratulations to the new elected members, huge gratitude and respect to all candidates, current and now ex-board members. Finally my most sincere congrats to you, Vasile, for your commitment to this community. You are an invaluable asset to OSGeo, I'm very proud to have shared a small piece of all this work with you.

Cheers from FOSS4G + State of The Map 2017 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, where I'll be so lucky to have time to share with both Marias (Arias de Reyna and Brovelli) and Vicky Vergara, with the rest of the OSGeo community here.

Re: Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

Suchith Anand
Greetings to the OSGeo Board. I want to thank  everyone who stood for the elections and for volunteering your services for our Foundation. Thank you to all our OSGeo Board directors from over the years who all contributed to the growth of our Foundation.

Thank you to Vasile who did huge work as CRO.

Let us keep focus on our efforts to empower everyone with open geo principles  to help create a world that is more accessible, equitable and full of innovation and opportunities for everyone.

May the FOSS be with everyone...

Best wishes,

Suchith

[...]

message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the
University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

Re: Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

Nicolas Roelandt
Congratulations for all the new (and not so new) board members.

Thanks to all candidats who volunteer as being a board member, that is a big commitment and I hope you will keep bringing that energy into FOSS(4G).

Thanks Vasile for the amazing work as CRO. Especially this year with all those unforeseen developments.

I'm really looking to work with the OSGEO community this year.

Best regards,

Nicolas Roelandt

Le 26 oct. 2017 22:28, "Suchith Anand" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Greetings to the OSGeo Board. I want to thank  everyone who stood for the elections and for volunteering your services for our Foundation. Thank you to all our OSGeo Board directors from over the years who all contributed to the growth of our Foundation.

Thank you to Vasile who did huge work as CRO.

Let us keep focus on our efforts to empower everyone with open geo principles  to help create a world that is more accessible, equitable and full of innovation and opportunities for everyone.

May the FOSS be with everyone...

Best wishes,

Suchith

R: Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

Maria Antonia Brovelli
Dear Vasile, dear Community
I want first of all to thank the CRO for the great and committing work. You were really fantastic! Thanks!

And then,  congratulations, welcome and the best wishes to the new elected ones. Respect and love for the non elected for accepting to run this election. I hope to have you all (as the whole Community) helping us in the activities and the decisions of the Board.
Greeting from a wonderful FOSS4G Argentina.
Maria

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung

Re: Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

Vicky Vergara-2
Dear all:
I congratulate the new board members. The new complete board looks magnificent!!!!

I am having the pleasure of listening and talking with both Maria Brovelli and María Arias de Reyna on the FOSS4G + State of The Map 2017 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and I can assure that their knowledge and commitment is noticeable.

Vicky

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Vasile Craciunescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany

Vicky Vergara
Operations Research

eMail: vicky@georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info

Tel: +49 (089) 4161 7698-1
Fax: +49 (089) 4161 7698-9

CEO: Daniel Kastl

Re: Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

María Arias de Reyna-4
Thanks to all the members who participated and specially those who voted for me. I will try to make you proud of your decision! We will drink argentinian beers to celebrate this is finally over!

And I know Vasile needs to rest because he was unable to order alphabetically properly :) My last name is Arias de Reyna. Confusing, I know :)

El 26 oct. 2017 18:24, "Vasile Craciunescu" <[hidden email]> escribió:
Dear all,

Please accept my apologies for not including in my message the elections results wiki page [1]. I did setup that page before sending the email. I was just too tired after a full conference day here in Bucharest. Tomorrow I will add the full elections log.

Best,
Vasile

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Election_2017_Results

On 10/26/17 10:08 PM, Vasile Craciunescu wrote:
[...]

Sanghee Shin

Dear All,

Congratulations to all the new board members! I really hope new board members bring in new insights to OSGeo. My expectation is quite great now! Also I’d like to express my deep gratitude to the person who nominated, supported me during the election. It was my great honor to have served as a board member for last 2 years and I’m very happy now that I can come back to my original jobs.

Cheers,

신상희
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
www.gaia3d.com

보낸 사람: [hidden email]
보낸 날짜: 2017 10 27일 금요일 오전 4:08
받는 사람: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
참조: [hidden email]
제목: [OSGeo-Discuss] Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

[...]

Ravi Kumar-3
+ Vasile for a well conducted election. Wonder, is this the highest voting percentage we ever got.!

Congrats to all those who made it to the board.

Ravi Kumar

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 12:38 AM, Vasile Craciunescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Venkatesh Raghavan
Dear All,

Congratulations and best wishes to our new board members!
Many thanks to Vasile for his immaculate managing the arduous
task as CRO. Thanks also to Jeff and Jorge for providing support
to the CRO

I would also like to express my thanks to all previous
board members. It was a pleasure working with all
of you on the board for the last two years.

Best

Venka

wrote:

[...]

최규성

Dear Venka,

Thanks a lot for the effort while you were on duty.

We, all the community members of OSGeo, have been happy with you representing OSGeo. I also respect the process and the vote results, and I believe this would eventually help building our sustainable community.

Let's keep in touch. Warm regards,

Kyu-sung Choi
EZMapping, Korea

wrote:

[...]

Santiago Higuera-2
Dear all:
Congratulations to all candidates and, specilly, to the new board
members. Thanks a lot to Vasile, Jeff, Jorge and previous board
members.

Best wishes,

Santiago Higuera

El jue, 26-10-2017 a las 22:08 +0300, Vasile Craciunescu escribió:

> Dear OSGeo community,
>
> These are the results from the 2017 elections for the 5 open
> seats of the OSGeo Board of Directors. The results in alphabetical
> order are:
>
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * María Arias de Reyna
>
> Thanks to all candidates to ongoing through the elections process.
> Election figures are:
>
> * Membership: 390
> * Valid votes: 308
> * Not finished votes: 5
> * Not voted: 77
>
> There were no scores to arbitrate. One candidate withdraw during the
> voting period. A final position is expected from the candidate ASAP.
> Thank you all who voted!!
>
> The complete resulting Board (wiki order) for 2017/2018 is:
>
> * Vasile Craciunescu
> * Maria Antonia Brovelli
> * Michael Smith
> * Angelos Tzotsos
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * María Arias de Reyna
>
> Personally I just want to express my joy for the excellent scores of
> our
> ladies candidates, elected or not.
>
> Please congratulate the new OSGeo Directors!
>
> My job as CRO is almost finished now, I will update the wiki with the
> detailed results (CSV with every vote and the timestamp) as soon as
> possible.
>
> Best,
> Vasile
> CRO 2017

Re: Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello OSGeo Community,

great news! We have 5 new OSGeo board members!

It is an honour and a pleasure for me to be elected for the OSGeo board.
Thanks for your trust and your votes. I also want to congratulate Maria,
Jeff, Jody and Helena for beeing elected.

Thanks to all other nominees for running in this election - Vicky, Dirk,
Venka, Sanghee. It would also have been great to have you on the board.
Maybe you join next year.

Thanks to all OSGeo board members that leave the board after two year
now - Venka, Sanghee and Dirk.

And big thanks to the CRO and especially Vasile for your great job! For
the next election we will organize that it will be less complicated &
more fun.

I am looking forward to work on the OSGeo board.

Astrid

PS: Maria Arias de Reyna, Maria Antonia Brovelli, Jeff, Vicky and all
others at FOSS4G-Argentinia - would be great to be with you and
celebrate. Greetings to Argentinia

Am 2017-10-26 21:08, schrieb Vasile Craciunescu:

> Dear OSGeo community,
>
> These are the results from the 2017 elections for the 5 open
> seats of the OSGeo Board of Directors. The results in alphabetical
> order are:
>
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * María Arias de Reyna
>
> Thanks to all candidates to ongoing through the elections process.
> Election figures are:
>
> * Membership: 390
> * Valid votes: 308
> * Not finished votes: 5
> * Not voted: 77
>
> There were no scores to arbitrate. One candidate withdraw during the
> voting period. A final position is expected from the candidate ASAP.
> Thank you all who voted!!
>
> The complete resulting Board (wiki order) for 2017/2018 is:
>
> * Vasile Craciunescu
> * Maria Antonia Brovelli
> * Michael Smith
> * Angelos Tzotsos
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * María Arias de Reyna
>
> Personally I just want to express my joy for the excellent scores of
> our ladies candidates, elected or not.
>
> Please congratulate the new OSGeo Directors!
>
> My job as CRO is almost finished now, I will update the wiki with the
> detailed results (CSV with every vote and the timestamp) as soon as
> possible.
>
> Best,
> Vasile
> CRO 2017

Astrid Emde
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Astrid_Emde

Re: R: Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

Sergio Acosta y Lara

+ 1 from Uruguay (land of great "asados" too :-))

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía
URUGUAY
(598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330

Re: Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

jmckenna
Administrator
Dear Vasile, and the whole OSGeo community,

Thank you for all of your effort Vasile, these Charter and Board
elections required an unbelievable amount of effort, and you handled it
so well.

This hasn't been easy for me.

But the support of the community for my nomination gives me strength,
and a renewed energy to help the OSGeo community grow.  I will now
retract my withdrawal, and accept the new position on the Board of
Directors.  I really look forward to working with the new Board, and
help the OSGeo community!

Congratulations to the new Board members Maria and Astrid, and thank you
to those returning members Helena and Jody.  A special thank you to
Venka, Anita, and Sanghee for their leadership and donating so much of
their time to the OSGeo Board.  Finally, Vicky and Dirk are 2 of the
most vocal OSGeo leaders that I know, and I am sure that they will be on
the OSGeo Board soon - I know you will both continue to promote and
represent OSGeo so well.

Let's continue to do great things for the whole world together as the
OSGeo family!

-jeff

>> Dear OSGeo community,
>>
>> These are the results from the 2017 elections for the 5 open
>> seats of the OSGeo Board of Directors. The results in alphabetical
>> order are:
>>
>> * Astrid Emde
>> * Jody Garnett
>> * Jeff McKenna
>> * Helena Mitasova
>> * María Arias de Reyna
>>
>> Thanks to all candidates to ongoing through the elections process.
>> Election figures are:
>>
>> * Membership: 390
>> * Valid votes: 308
>> * Not finished votes: 5
>> * Not voted: 77
>>
>> There were no scores to arbitrate. One candidate withdraw during the
>> voting period. A final position is expected from the candidate ASAP.
>> Thank you all who voted!!
>>
>> The complete resulting Board (wiki order) for 2017/2018 is:
>>
>> * Vasile Craciunescu
>> * Maria Antonia Brovelli
>> * Michael Smith
>> * Angelos Tzotsos
>> * Astrid Emde
>> * Jody Garnett
>> * Jeff McKenna
>> * Helena Mitasova
>> * María Arias de Reyna
>>
>> Personally I just want to express my joy for the excellent scores of
>> our ladies candidates, elected or not.
>>
>> Please congratulate the new OSGeo Directors!
>>
>> My job as CRO is almost finished now, I will update the wiki with the
>> detailed results (CSV with every vote and the timestamp) as soon as
>> possible.
>>
>> Best,
>> Vasile
>> CRO 2017

Re: Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

duartecarreira
Congrats to all, ex, new board members, and charters - 80% voted, even if 5 got distracted mid-way ;)

Vasile, I don't see how we're gonna manage without you as cro... biggest thumbs up!

Jeff, great news!

Best regards,
Duarte Carreira

Re: Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

Vasile Crăciunescu
Dear all,

As promised, a CSV with the vote log was published [1]. The election
result wiki page [2] was updated with this info. The file is not
necessarily pretty (e.g. columns names are ridiculous long). However, I
did not want to make any edits on the raw export from LimeSurvey. Anyone
looking into this file should be aware of at least two things:

- "Yes" means that the member voted for the nominee. "No" means that the
member did not select the nominee in his vote. We had no procedure to
vote against a certain nominee. "No" it's just the way LimeSurvey is
recording the results.

- The file includes the "not finished votes". These votes were not
considered in the final vote cont as the members did not finish the
voting procedure.

I was hoping to also provide some kind of visual representation of the
vote evolution. That is the reason for the vote log publication delay.
However, other duties prevented to do so. If someone has good skills in
this area, please do create a chart of the CSV file and let's as know.
Otherwise, I will do that when the time allows me (mid next week most
probably).

Best,
Vasile
CRO 2017

[1] http://www.geo-spatial.org/file_download/29668/osgeo_board_elections.csv
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Election_2017_Results

On 10/26/17 10:08 PM, Vasile Craciunescu wrote:

> Dear OSGeo community,
>
> These are the results from the 2017 elections for the 5 open
> seats of the OSGeo Board of Directors. The results in alphabetical
> order are:
>
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * María Arias de Reyna
>
> Thanks to all candidates to ongoing through the elections process.
> Election figures are:
>
> * Membership: 390
> * Valid votes: 308
> * Not finished votes: 5
> * Not voted: 77
>
> There were no scores to arbitrate. One candidate withdraw during the
> voting period. A final position is expected from the candidate ASAP.
> Thank you all who voted!!
>
> The complete resulting Board (wiki order) for 2017/2018 is:
>
> * Vasile Craciunescu
> * Maria Antonia Brovelli
> * Michael Smith
> * Angelos Tzotsos
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * María Arias de Reyna
>
> Personally I just want to express my joy for the excellent scores of our
> ladies candidates, elected or not.
>
> Please congratulate the new OSGeo Directors!
>
> My job as CRO is almost finished now, I will update the wiki with the
> detailed results (CSV with every vote and the timestamp) as soon as
> possible.
>
> Best,
> Vasile
> CRO 2017

Re: Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

Gert-Jan
Hi CRO (and other Board Members?),

Great top see so many voters, but still some 70 charter members (20%) who were not willing to vote.
According to our bylaws, (charter)membership is supposed to terminate for those members who fail to fulfil their duty 3 times in a row (=participate in 3 consecutive meetings of the member):

"Section 7.7 Automatic Termination. Members shall have their membership status automatically terminated and their names removed by the Secretary of the corporation from all membership records of the corporation if they fail to participate, either in person or by proxy, in three (3) consecutive meetings of the members of the corporation, held electronically or otherwise."

I doubt whether this rule has ben made effective in previous years,
I was wondering if it will be in effect this year (or from this year on).

Kind regards from your "legal advisor",

Gert-Jan

> [...]

> * Vasile Craciunescu
> * Maria Antonia Brovelli
> * Michael Smith
> * Angelos Tzotsos
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * María Arias de Reyna
>
> Personally I just want to express my joy for the excellent scores of
> our ladies candidates, elected or not.
>
> Please congratulate the new OSGeo Directors!
>
> My job as CRO is almost finished now, I will update the wiki with the
> detailed results (CSV with every vote and the timestamp) as soon as
> possible.
>
> Best,
> Vasile
> CRO 2017

Re: Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

jody.garnett
I believe our voting system fully anonymizes results making it hard to determine members who did not meet their obligation. Agreed that we should maintain membership based on participation as outlined in our bylaws.

Thanks for double checking and helping ensure our foundation is run in a consistent, fair manner.

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 7:06 AM Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> There were no scores to arbitrate. One candidate withdraw during the
> voting period. A final position is expected from the candidate ASAP.
> Thank you all who voted!!
>
> The complete resulting Board (wiki order) for 2017/2018 is:
>
> * Vasile Craciunescu
> * Maria Antonia Brovelli
> * Michael Smith
> * Angelos Tzotsos
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * María Arias de Reyna
>
> Personally I just want to express my joy for the excellent scores of
> our ladies candidates, elected or not.
>
> Please congratulate the new OSGeo Directors!
>
> My job as CRO is almost finished now, I will update the wiki with the
> detailed results (CSV with every vote and the timestamp) as soon as

Jody Garnett

Re: Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

dirkf
Vasile,

Thank you for the outstanding work you did.
It is a lot of work and a big responsability.

Congratulations also to all the new and re-elected board members.
You are now the legal representatives for our community and we trust you
in taking that responsibility to lead the organisation in her further
growth.

I also want to thank all the nominated candidates, as this means that we
are an organisation where many people can and want to take that
responsibility. This is a good and vital sign for OSGeo!

All the best!
Dirk

On 26-10-17 21:08, Vasile Craciunescu wrote:

> Dear OSGeo community,
>
> These are the results from the 2017 elections for the 5 open
> seats of the OSGeo Board of Directors. The results in alphabetical
> order are:
>
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * María Arias de Reyna
>
> Thanks to all candidates to ongoing through the elections process.
> Election figures are:
>
> * Membership: 390
> * Valid votes: 308
> * Not finished votes: 5
> * Not voted: 77
>
> There were no scores to arbitrate. One candidate withdraw during the
> voting period. A final position is expected from the candidate ASAP.
> Thank you all who voted!!
>
> The complete resulting Board (wiki order) for 2017/2018 is:
>
> * Vasile Craciunescu
> * Maria Antonia Brovelli
> * Michael Smith
> * Angelos Tzotsos
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * María Arias de Reyna
>
> Personally I just want to express my joy for the excellent scores of our
> ladies candidates, elected or not.
>
> Please congratulate the new OSGeo Directors!
>
> My job as CRO is almost finished now, I will update the wiki with the
> detailed results (CSV with every vote and the timestamp) as soon as
> possible.
>
> Best,
> Vasile
> CRO 2017