ElasticSearch instances

Jo Cook
Hi All,

I'm wondering what the options are for configuring geonetwork (could
be 4.0) to use an AWS ElasticSearch instance for the index rather than
one running locally on the server. Has anyone done this? The idea is
to incorporate metadata searches into a wider full-text document
search, so ideally we'd want a scalable ES instance and store all the
indices on that.

So ES would not be running on localhost:9200, it would be running
remotely. I haven't quite figured out also how you'd set the kibana
configuration (from
https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/4.0.x/en/maintainer-guide/statistics/setup-kibana.html)
using the AWS ElasticSearch Service.

Has anyone tried this approach?

Thanks

Jo

--
Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd,
Epsom Square Centre, 6-7 The Derby Square, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG, UK

t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/
twitter:@astuntech <https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise
geographic intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>

GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/training-courses/>
Helpdesk and customer
portal
<https://astuntech.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ISHAREHELP/pages/364970043/Astun+Technology+Support+Portal>

864201149.

Re: ElasticSearch instances

Francois Prunayre
Hi Jo,

Not sure about AWS Elasticsearch instance but there is no problem using an Elasticsearch cluster on another machine.
In Ifremer, we are indexing WFS features from GeoNetwork in a shared Elasticsearch cluster.

For Kibana, just set the elasticsearch URL in kibana.yml

Cheers.

Francois

Le mar. 12 mai 2020 à 12:59, Jo Cook <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

Hi Francois,

Thanks for the prompt response- but would I need to configure
Geonetwork somewhere to tell it the URL to use for ElasticSearch or
does it get that from the kibana configuration?

Thanks again

Jo