Early bird limit date for FOSS4G 2018

Even Rouault-2

Hi,

I see from http://2018.foss4g.org/ that the early bird rate is set on the 31th december 2017. Isn't that really early ? In my memories, in previous years, the program was known before the early bird date limit (which may be an important criterion for some people to decide whether they will attend or not), or am I wrong ?

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Early bird limit date for FOSS4G 2018

stevenfeldman
Good point Even

I think this may be a pre Early Bird offer. Perhaps Mark can clarify?

Steven

> On 11 Oct 2017, at 19:24, Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I see from http://2018.foss4g.org/ that the early bird rate is set on the 31th december 2017. Isn't that really early ? In my memories, in previous years, the program was known before the early bird date limit (which may be an important criterion for some people to decide whether they will attend or not), or am I wrong ?
>
> Even

> http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Early bird limit date for FOSS4G 2018

Mark Iliffe-2
Hi Even,

This is our early bird offer. We aim to review this process nearer the time to decide on effectiveness of its uptake.

At a basic level, this will be one of the cheapest global FOSS4G in recent times. The programme will be everything that makes our conference great, with an addition of new features. My programme committee will be launching Calls shortly (the academic already been launched) which will provide further info on what we’re building upon.

We have been slightly delayed in this due to the logistics of clearing payments in our host country, but these have been resolved (with a blog about this incoming!). But this will be pushed next week.

I hope this answers your question!

Best,

Mark

> On 11 Oct 2017, at 22:01, Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Good point Even
>
> I think this may be a pre Early Bird offer. Perhaps Mark can clarify?
>
> Steven
>

>> On 11 Oct 2017, at 19:24, Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I see from http://2018.foss4g.org/ that the early bird rate is set on the 31th december 2017. Isn't that really early ? In my memories, in previous years, the program was known before the early bird date limit (which may be an important criterion for some people to decide whether they will attend or not), or am I wrong ?
>>
>> Even
>>
>> --
>> Spatialys - Geospatial professional services
>> http://www.spatialys.com

Some correction for the 2018

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
Hi Mark,

Nice to see the FOSS4G-2018 page coming up.

Can I request you to kindly change "OSGEO" (All caps)
that appears at several places on http://2018.foss4g.org/
to "OSGeo" (small e and o).

Thanks,

Venka

Re: Some correction for the 2018

Mark Iliffe-2
Hi Venka,

My team will action that.

Asante,

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

> On 11 Oct 2017, at 23:22, Venkatesh Raghavan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> Nice to see the FOSS4G-2018 page coming up.
>
> Can I request you to kindly change "OSGEO" (All caps)
> that appears at several places on http://2018.foss4g.org/
> to "OSGeo" (small e and o).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Venka

Re: Early bird limit date for FOSS4G 2018

Sanghee Shin

Hi Mark,

I’m also worried about Early Bird registration closes too early. Many countries’ financial year ends at the end of December and AFAIK many have a plan to pay the registration from next years budget. I already heard about concerns on this matter. Recalling previous global FOSS4G conferences, we usually closed the Early Bird 3 months before the main conference.

Kind regards,

신상희
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
www.gaia3d.com

보낸 사람: [hidden email]
보낸 날짜: 2017 10 12일 목요일 오전 5:07
받는 사람: [hidden email]
참조: [hidden email]
제목: Re: [OSGeo-Conf] Early bird limit date for FOSS4G 2018

Hi Even,

This is our early bird offer. We aim to review this process nearer the time to decide on effectiveness of its uptake.

At a basic level, this will be one of the cheapest global FOSS4G in recent times. The programme will be everything that makes our conference great, with an addition of new features. My programme committee will be launching Calls shortly (the academic already been launched) which will provide further info on what we’re building upon.

We have been slightly delayed in this due to the logistics of clearing payments in our host country, but these have been resolved (with a blog about this incoming!). But this will be pushed next week.

I hope this answers your question!

Best,

Mark

> On 11 Oct 2017, at 22:01, Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good point Even

> I think this may be a pre Early Bird offer. Perhaps Mark can clarify?

> Steven

>> On 11 Oct 2017, at 19:24, Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Hi,

>> I see from http://2018.foss4g.org/ that the early bird rate is set on the 31th december 2017. Isn't that really early ? In my memories, in previous years, the program was known before the early bird date limit (which may be an important criterion for some people to decide whether they will attend or not), or am I wrong ?

>> Even

>> --

>> Spatialys - Geospatial professional services

>> http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Early bird limit date for FOSS4G 2018

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
Hi Mark,

I share the same concern as Sanghee.
Financial years in Japan, India (and
maybe others starts in April) and many
of the participants for these countries
will be able to pay for registration
form their 2018 budget.

I request the LoC to kindly take the above
into consideration.

Best

Venka

On 10/12/2017 7:52 AM, Sanghee Shin wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I’m also worried about Early Bird registration closes too early. Many countries’ financial year ends at the end of December and AFAIK many have a plan to pay the registration from next years budget. I already heard about concerns on this matter. Recalling previous global FOSS4G conferences, we usually closed the Early Bird 3 months before the main conference.
>
> Kind regards,
> 신상희
> ---
> Shin, Sanghee
> Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
> www.gaia3d.com
>
> 보낸 사람: Mark Iliffe
> 보낸 날짜: 2017년 10월 12일 목요일 오전 5:07
> 받는 사람: Steven Feldman
> 참조: [hidden email]
> 제목: Re: [OSGeo-Conf] Early bird limit date for FOSS4G 2018
>
> Hi Even,
>
> This is our early bird offer. We aim to review this process nearer the time to decide on effectiveness of its uptake.
>
> At a basic level, this will be one of the cheapest global FOSS4G in recent times. The programme will be everything that makes our conference great, with an addition of new features. My programme committee will be launching Calls shortly (the academic already been launched) which will provide further info on what we’re building upon.
>
> We have been slightly delayed in this due to the logistics of clearing payments in our host country, but these have been resolved (with a blog about this incoming!). But this will be pushed next week.
>
> I hope this answers your question!
>
> Best,
>
> Mark
>
>> On 11 Oct 2017, at 22:01, Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Good point Even
>>
>> I think this may be a pre Early Bird offer. Perhaps Mark can clarify?
>>
>> Steven
>>

>>> On 11 Oct 2017, at 19:24, Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I see from http://2018.foss4g.org/ that the early bird rate is set on the 31th december 2017. Isn't that really early ? In my memories, in previous years, the program was known before the early bird date limit (which may be an important criterion for some people to decide whether they will attend or not), or am I wrong ?
>>>
>>> Even
>>>
>>> --
>>> Spatialys - Geospatial professional services
>>> http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Early bird limit date for FOSS4G 2018

delawen
Hi Mark,

Same problem here. We do all our planning for conferences and events in January after we see the yearly status report for the company.

Even an early bird extended until february will be very helpful, as we will be able to plan 2018 properly.