ESRI Annotation in Mapserver

Doug_at_DolphMap
Hi,

I'm new to the Mapserver world and need to know if it's possible to bring Annotation layers in an ESRI PGDB into an existing mapserver environment/application.

If so, how? What's the procedure?

Thanks in advance,

Doug Hasman (dhasman@dolphmap.com)
GIS Manager
Dolph Map
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Re: ESRI Annotation in Mapserver

Jeff McKenna-2
Start with this page:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/vector_data/pgeo

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca

Re: ESRI Annotation in Mapserver

Doug_at_DolphMap
I'm aware that PGDB's in general will work, but does anyone have any experience specifically with ArcGIS Annotation layers in a Mapserver app? All of our anno is in TrueType, although we do use custom font symbols.

Re: ESRI Annotation in Mapserver

Rob McCulley
I've not used the actual PGDB access.  What I did was to export the
annotation to a point shapefile.  The shapefile contains all of the
necessary attributes to replicate the labels in mapserver (angle, font
size & face, text, etc.).

Doug_at_DolphMap
Does this method accept and accurately reproduce curved labels (ie- using the ArcGIS Maplex extension)?

Re: ESRI Annotation in Mapserver

Rob McCulley
That I can't tell you.  I've never had the dollars to buy Maplex :)

Rob