EPSG Database Update Mechanism for libgeotiff, GDAL, PROJ.4, and PostGIS

EPSG Database Update Mechanism for libgeotiff, GDAL, PROJ.4, and PostGIS

Frank Warmerdam
Folks,

I have fleshed out the documentation on the process for converting EPSG
database updates into a form used in libgeotiff, GDAL, PROJ.4 and PostGIS.
It is available at:

   http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/geotiff/trunk/libgeotiff/csv/README

Paul Ramsey is now attempting to follow these instructions to generate
updates.  I have granted him temporary svn commit access to metacrs to put
the results into the libgeotiff repository under my close supervision.

Hopefully this will be the first step on a process to improve this process,
or at the very least to break the me-bottleneck on getting updates.