EGU Data Help Desk

"Peter Löwe"
Dear Board,

FYI, the organizers of this years EGU Data Help Desk are specifically thanking OSGeo for our support for the event:
https://twitter.com/ESIPfed/status/1256317612344016896/photo/1

The Data Help Desk will be open until Friday.
https://www.esipfed.org/news/data-help-desk-at-egu-2020

Best,
Peter
<[hidden email]>

Re: EGU Data Help Desk

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello Peter,

thanks for the link and the special thanks. I retweeted some of the
tweets and sent greetings to the event and the DataHelpDesk and the
OSGeo folks involved. It looks like a great successfull event. Wow.

Please send more information and let me know when I should
announce/tweet more.

I am so sorry, that I will not be able to take part.

Greetings and have a great event!

Astrid

Am 04.05.2020 09:13 schrieb Peter Löwe:

> Dear Board,
>
> FYI, the organizers of this years EGU Data Help Desk are specifically
> thanking OSGeo for our support for the event:
> https://twitter.com/ESIPfed/status/1256317612344016896/photo/1
>
> The Data Help Desk will be open until Friday.
> https://www.esipfed.org/news/data-help-desk-at-egu-2020
>
> Best,
> Peter
> <[hidden email]>

Re: EGU Data Help Desk

"Peter Löwe"
Hi Astrid,
thanks for retweeting ! This years EGU Data Help Desk is a learning experience ( first time that its done via chat, like the whole conference), but things are looking good and there is a lot of participation overall. I will report back after EGU and update the wiki page for lessons learned.

One observation which might be of interest for future FOSS4G events: A growing number of presenters not just uploaded their presentation slides to the conference size (to complement the text-based abstract), but a video recording of the presentation slides with a voice-over narration.

This could be an option to allow for "socially distanced participation" to avoid travel and lower the carbondioxide-footprint of an event.

Best,
Peter

<[hidden email]>

> Gesendet: Montag, 04. Mai 2020 um 22:09 Uhr
> Von: "Astrid Emde (OSGeo)" <[hidden email]>
> An: "Peter Löwe" <[hidden email]>
> Cc: "OSGeo Board" <[hidden email]>
> Betreff: Re: [Board] EGU Data Help Desk
>
> Hello Peter,
>
> thanks for the link and the special thanks. I retweeted some of the
> tweets and sent greetings to the event and the DataHelpDesk and the
> OSGeo folks involved. It looks like a great successfull event. Wow.
>
> Please send more information and let me know when I should
> announce/tweet more.
>
> I am so sorry, that I will not be able to take part.
>
> Greetings and have a great event!
>
> Astrid
>
> Am 04.05.2020 09:13 schrieb Peter Löwe:
> > Dear Board,
> >
> > FYI, the organizers of this years EGU Data Help Desk are specifically
> > thanking OSGeo for our support for the event:
> > https://twitter.com/ESIPfed/status/1256317612344016896/photo/1
> >
> > The Data Help Desk will be open until Friday.
> > https://www.esipfed.org/news/data-help-desk-at-egu-2020
> >
> > Best,
> > Peter
> > <[hidden email]>

Re: EGU Data Help Desk

Suchith Anand
Hi all,

The  Virtual Help Desk at EGU conference is an excellent initiative. I have also shared this information to the various lists .

By having remote/virtual participation options at future FOSS4G conferences will help also widen participation for economically poor students worldwide to join the conferences , learn and present their work.   Thanks.

Best wishes,

Suchith

thanks for retweeting ! This years EGU Data Help Desk is a learning experience ( first time that its done via chat, like the whole conference), but things are looking good and there is a lot of participation overall. I will report back after EGU and update the wiki page for lessons learned.

One observation which might be of interest for future FOSS4G events: A growing number of presenters not just uploaded their presentation slides to the conference size (to complement the text-based abstract), but a video recording of the presentation slides with a voice-over narration.

This could be an option to allow for "socially distanced participation" to avoid travel and lower the carbondioxide-footprint of an event.

Best,
Peter

<[hidden email]>

> Gesendet: Montag, 04. Mai 2020 um 22:09 Uhr
> Von: "Astrid Emde (OSGeo)" <[hidden email]>
> An: "Peter Löwe" <[hidden email]>
> Cc: "OSGeo Board" <[hidden email]>
> Betreff: Re: [Board] EGU Data Help Desk
>
> Hello Peter,
>
> thanks for the link and the special thanks. I retweeted some of the
> tweets and sent greetings to the event and the DataHelpDesk and the
> OSGeo folks involved. It looks like a great successfull event. Wow.
>
> Please send more information and let me know when I should
> announce/tweet more.
>
> I am so sorry, that I will not be able to take part.
>
> Greetings and have a great event!
>
> Astrid
>
> Am 04.05.2020 09:13 schrieb Peter Löwe:
> > Dear Board,
> >
> > FYI, the organizers of this years EGU Data Help Desk are specifically
> > thanking OSGeo for our support for the event:
> > https://twitter.com/ESIPfed/status/1256317612344016896/photo/1
> >
> > The Data Help Desk will be open until Friday.
> > https://www.esipfed.org/news/data-help-desk-at-egu-2020
> >
> > Best,
> > Peter
> > <[hidden email]>

attachment.

where permitted by law.

EGU Data Help Desk Update

"Peter Löwe"
(Apologies for cross-posting)

Hi all,

the virtual Data (and Software) Help Desk (https://www.esipfed.org/news/data-help-desk-at-egu-2020) at this weeks European Geoscience Union has rapidly gained momentum since Monday, especially on Twitter.

On Tuesday there were over 100k impressions over the course of ~8 hours.

There is a growing gallery of recorded demos and tutorials that have been contributed at bit.ly/DataHelpEGU20.

There are many ways to take part on Twitter: 1) Address questions or prompts you see by replying to them, 2) Retweet questions and answers, and 3) Tag other experts who might add their
perspectives both when you are replying and retweeting.

On Friday, there will be another virtual text-based chat session from 11:45-12:45 CEST. You all are welcome you to join and engage in the discussion if you can.

It's awesome that the OSGeo communities support this effort.

Best,
Peter

<[hidden email]>