ECEF to UTM - no sure how to do this

Antoine Cottin-2
Hello list,

I’m trying to convert some ECEF data to UTM zone 33N (WGS84) in a C++ application. My code is working but the results are not correct as the data are skewed along an axis.

I’ve adapted the example code available on the wiki about pj_transform but wonder if there is anything special to consider in term of coordinates order for the ECEF input as the X,Y,Z might not be obvious? and I believe it’s the reason for the skewed results...

Any pointer welcome.
Best regards.
Antoine
-----------------------
Dr Antoine Cottin
Chief Technology Officer
Carbomap Ltd.
Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation
High School Yards
Edinburgh EH1 1LZ
-----------------------
@carbomap
+44 (0)7577 444-046

Re: ECEF to UTM - no sure how to do this

Norman Vine
Here is some discussion with code todo this using geographic lib

https://sourceforge.net/p/geographiclib/mailman/message/31830144/

http://geographiclib.sourceforge.net/

On Mar 8, 2016, at 3:18 PM, Antoine Cottin <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Norman works like a charm.
Regards.
Antoine