Dynamic symbols

Björn Danielsson
Hi,
Is it possible to create dynamic symbols on the fly with regard to some data in a polygon, and place them on the map?
Piecharts etc.
SVG?

Björn Danielsson

Re: Dynamic symbols

lars.schylberg
Hi,

I know three ways to do that, but I guess there must be more ways.

1) Pie charts and tables with:

http://mapserver.org/output/dynamic_charting.html

2)
Construct graphics with Javascript support:

http://mapserver.org/mapfile/styleitem.html

This option requires that You compile the javascript support. That is a little hard to get to work. Had problems to complile V8 support myself last year.
I have seen nice examples in the past and this is on my personal TO DO list to try out, when I get some spare time.

3) Construct graphics with SQL. This is the way I have solved things myself. What I have done, is to construct circle sectors for instance with spatial sql expressions. I wrap GDAL sql expression with spatialite syntax in VRT files. These can then be used "on the fly" within mapserver or for preprossing of the data.
I could show some examples if any one is interested.

Actually I heard that someone was doing dynamic SVGs but I don't now the procedure for that.

/Lars Schylberg

December 9, 2017 12:56 PM, "Björn Danielsson" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to create dynamic symbols on the fly with regard to some data in a polygon, and place them on the map?
Piecharts etc.
SVG?
Björn Danielsson

Re: Dynamic symbols

Frode Wiseth Jørgensen
Hi Lars

Some examples regarding "Construct graphics with SQL" would be great!

Frode

On 9 December 2017 at 20:21, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

+47 99 03 41 42

Re: Dynamic symbols

Björn Danielsson
Hej Lars,

Thanks for your help. I have tried method 1 to produce bars and pies successfully, and it helped me a lot.
But it would be nice to be able to construct any type of graphics and place them on polygons to visualize some feature.
Can you do that with your SQL method?

Björn D