Dynamic Styling (NOT SLD)

blammo
Hello,

Was wondering if anyone has played around with the idea of using dynamic styling via the MapServer CGI (or possibly with OGC calls)

I’m thinking about how I might make a style control from a mapfile/layer somehow discoverable via a CGI call in order in order to build a form to send in  a styling change from the client.  Easy stuff at first, maybe color changes and line width changes.  Maybe a MapServer parameter (is available)  to export the current style settings to layer name bindings??  Probably doable with MapScript I would guess. . .

Any thoughts?

Thanks

bobb

"Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves.”
-  Abraham Lincoln

Re: Dynamic Styling (NOT SLD)

Jörg Thomsen (WhereGroup)
No problem:
http://mapserver.org/cgi/controls.html#cgi-mapfile-change-parameters

Have fun! Jörg

Am 18.04.2018 um 22:30 schrieb Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul):

> Hello,
>
> Was wondering if anyone has played around with the idea of using dynamic
> styling via the MapServer CGI (or possibly with OGC calls)
>
> I’m thinking about how I might make a style control from a mapfile/layer
> somehow discoverable via a CGI call in order in order to build a form to
> send in  a styling change from the client.  Easy stuff at first, maybe
> color changes and line width changes.  Maybe a MapServer parameter (is
> available)  to export the current style settings to layer name
> bindings??  Probably doable with MapScript I would guess. . .
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
>
> bobb
>

> "Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves.”
> -  Abraham Lincoln

Viele Grüße,
Jörg Thomsen

--