Duplicate Labels using TileSetdefinition.

Duplicate Labels using TileSetdefinition.

maherich
Hi,
we have got a layer with lines and automaticaly placed labels for these
lines.
When publishing map using Tilesetdefinition, we get our labels for each
tile, which has a consequence that there are more then one label per line on
the map.
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t375240/tileset.jpg>
The map published as MapDefinition without tiling is rendered and displayed
correctly.
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t375240/mapdefinition.jpg>
I think its because each tile is rendered separately a therefore the label
is generated in each tile. Is there any way to change the way tiles are
being generated?
Now the only way how can I achieve the right rendering for tiles is
converting the labels to a point feature class.
Martin

Re: Duplicate Labels using TileSetdefinition.

Jackie Ng
This is a general problem with line/polygon labeling for tiles.

How one generally solves the problem here is to play around with the tile
extent offset which tells the tile renderer to render a "buffered out" tile
image, which gives the label placement algorithms more breathing space for
label placement, before cropping the image back to the originally requested
size.

If that doesn't work out, then I'm afraid you will have to resort to point
feature labeling where you have maximum control over labeling.

- Jackie

Re: Duplicate Labels using TileSetdefinition.

maherich
Hmm.
It looks like the extent offset change the result much.
Anyway, thanks for prompt answer. I give my try to point feature labels.
It's a pity as the "untiled" map looks pretty good. May be if more tiles are
produced from a bigger mapview at once, we could at least reduce the
duplicated labels.
Martin