Download page link broken?

Stefano Iacovella
Hi all,
it seems GeoServer download link, as referenced in docs page, page is not working

http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/Download

returns 404

While the link from the main page works properly:

http://geoserver.org/download/

It was probably updated when switching to github but docs still have a reference to the old one.

Regards,

Stefano

41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella

http://twitter.com/#!/Iacovellas

Re: Download page link broken?

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike)

Hi,

There are many other broken links still, for example http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/Versioning+WFS

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Stefano Iacovella wrote:

Hi all,
it seems GeoServer download link, as referenced in docs page, page is not working

http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/Download

returns 404

While the link from the main page works properly:

http://geoserver.org/download/

It was probably updated when switching to github but docs still have a reference to the old one.

Regards,

Stefano

41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella

http://twitter.com/#!/Iacovellas

Re: Download page link broken?

Stefano Iacovella
Hi Juka,

thanks for your answer.
In case of download start page it seems simply a matter of removing the GEOS/ part of the URL, but in the case you noted this seems do nothing as also http://docs.geoserver.org/display/Versioning+WFS does not work.

Stefano Iacovella wrote:

Hi all,
it seems GeoServer download link, as referenced in docs page, page is not working

http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/Download

returns 404

While the link from the main page works properly:

http://geoserver.org/download/

It was probably updated when switching to github but docs still have a reference to the old one.

Regards,

Stefano

41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella

http://twitter.com/#!/Iacovellas

Re: Download page link broken?

jody.garnett
Can you point out the specific documentation pages and we can fix them as we go, or you are welcome to make a pull request.

It is going to be a bit of fun making this transition, you may also note that I changed the directory layout of source forge so that each release is now "self contained" with an "extensions" folder:

This change has been applied to *all* previous releases.

The other fun thing is a friendly "nightly build" page for each branch:

Cheers,
Jody

Jody Garnett

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 11:03 PM, Stefano Iacovella <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,
it seems GeoServer download link, as referenced in docs page, page is not working

http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/Download

returns 404

While the link from the main page works properly:

http://geoserver.org/download/

It was probably updated when switching to github but docs still have a reference to the old one.

Regards,

Stefano

41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella

http://twitter.com/#!/Iacovellas

Re: Download page link broken?

jody.garnett
I thought versioning WFS (i.e. the functionality) was removed ... we kind of recommend people use geogit now?

I expect this page needs to be removed from the user manual.

Jody Garnett

Stefano Iacovella wrote:

Hi all,
it seems GeoServer download link, as referenced in docs page, page is not working

http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/Download

returns 404

While the link from the main page works properly:

http://geoserver.org/download/

It was probably updated when switching to github but docs still have a reference to the old one.

Regards,

Stefano

41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella

http://twitter.com/#!/Iacovellas

Re: Download page link broken?

Stefano Iacovella
Hi Jody,

For the Download link "issue" it seems just related to the page "header",i.e. the section containing links to About, Blog, Download and Documentation.
I guess that is not replicated in each page but it is probably configured somewhere else?

Cheers

[...]

geowolf
On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
I thought versioning WFS (i.e. the functionality) was removed ... we kind of recommend people use geogit now?

I expect this page needs to be removed from the user manual.

For a list of potential issues, find and grep come to the rescue. Running against the docs on master:

> find . -name "*.rst" | xargs grep '/display'
./source/extensions/jp2k.rst:See http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTDOC/JP2K+plugin for further information.
./source/data/app-schema/mapping-file.rst:    * http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Constraint+Query+Language
./source/data/app-schema/cql-functions.rst:    * http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Constraint+Query+Language
./source/security/index.rst:masters thesis entitled `Flexible Authentication for Stateless Web Services <http://rancor.boundlessgeo.com:8080/display/GEOS/Flexible+Authentication+for+Stateless+Web+Services>`_. It is good reading to help understanding many of the new concepts introduced.
./source/filter/ecql_reference.rst:The full language grammar is documented in the the GeoTools `ECQL BNF definition <http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/ECQL+Parser+Design>`_
./source/filter/syntax.rst:- `ECQL Grammar <http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/ECQL+Parser+Design>`_ is the grammar defining the GeoTools ECQL implementation
./source/services/wms/get_legend_graphic/legendgraphic.rst:Do not worry if it seems like something written in ancient dead language, I am going to explain the various params here below. Nevertheless it is important to point out that basic info on how to create and set params can be found in this `page <http://rancor.boundlessgeo.com:8080/display/GEOSDOC/GetLegendGraphic+Improvements>`_.
./source/services/wms/get_legend_graphic/legendgraphic.rst:I am now going to briefly explain the various parameters tht we can use to control the layout and content of the legend (refer also to this `page <http://rancor.boundlessgeo.com:8080/display/GEOSDOC/GetLegendGraphic+Improvements>`_). Here below I have put a request that puts all the various options at tow::

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
http://goo.gl/NWWaa2 for more information.

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

Re: Download page link broken?

jody.garnett
I see, yeah that is in the "theme", perhaps we could ask Justin to sync up the theme to match the new website. I imagine the blog has the same issue.

Reported here: https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver.github.io/issues/11

I am focused on this release this week and won't be messing around with the website.

Comments inline, website issue https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver.github.io/issues/12

For a list of potential issues, find and grep come to the rescue. Running against the docs on master:

> find . -name "*.rst" | xargs grep '/display'

Long term: print this as a PDF at attach it to the wiki page in question, or port to wiki

./source/extensions/jp2k.rst:See http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTDOC/JP2K+plugin for further information.

./source/data/app-schema/mapping-file.rst:    * http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Constraint+Query+Language
./source/data/app-schema/cql-functions.rst:    * http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Constraint+Query+Language

./source/security/index.rst:masters thesis entitled `Flexible Authentication for Stateless Web Services <http://rancor.boundlessgeo.com:8080/display/GEOS/Flexible+Authentication+for+Stateless+Web+Services>`_. It is good reading to help understanding many of the new concepts introduced.

Long term: print PDF and attach to wiki page? or port to wiki

./source/filter/ecql_reference.rst:The full language grammar is documented in the the GeoTools `ECQL BNF definition <http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/ECQL+Parser+Design>`_
./source/filter/syntax.rst:- `ECQL Grammar <http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/ECQL+Parser+Design>`_ is the grammar defining the GeoTools ECQL implementation

Short term: No action CodeHaus is keeping confluence up to date.
Long term: Consider making a design page for the geotools guide similar to http://docs.geotools.org/latest/userguide/library/cql/internal.html

./source/services/wms/get_legend_graphic/legendgraphic.rst:Do not worry if it seems like something written in ancient dead language, I am going to explain the various params here below. Nevertheless it is important to point out that basic info on how to create and set params can be found in this `page <http://rancor.boundlessgeo.com:8080/display/GEOSDOC/GetLegendGraphic+Improvements>`_.

No replacement found! Should of been ported to the GeoServer user manual.

./source/services/wms/get_legend_graphic/legendgraphic.rst:I am now going to briefly explain the various parameters tht we can use to control the layout and content of the legend (refer also to this `page <http://rancor.boundlessgeo.com:8080/display/GEOSDOC/GetLegendGraphic+Improvements>`_). Here below I have put a request that puts all the various options at tow::

No replacement found! Should of been ported to the GeoServer user manual.

Thanks Andrea,
Jody