Doubts regrading shapefies

Harikumar Muralee
Hi,

Iam a beginner in OpenLayers.All I want is to display some shapefiles on web
as a Asp.net web application.
Currently what I am doing is created a "test1.map" file and then in
javascript am using

var shapes = new OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer("TestMap",

"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?mode=map&map=e:/ms4w/apps/MapFiles/
test1.map&layer=layername1&layer= layername2&layer= layername3") ;

map.addLayer(shapes);

Is It the right way?.One layer is fixed as a base layer and top of I need to
add another layers which can be any number ranging from 2 to 30.Please guide
me through the correct way.

Thanks in Advance
Hari

THIS E-MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the addressee, do not take any action on the contents
and any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or
use of this communication is strictly prohibited. WARNING: Computer viruses can be
transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. ii-2 Technologies accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.

Re: Doubts regrading shapefies

Alexandre Dubé
Hi Hari,

   This kind of question is more suitable for the 'users' mailing list.

   Using OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer isn't recommended.  You should use
OpenLayers.Layer.WMS instead.  Here's some examples :
     http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wms.html
     http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/layerswitcher.html
     http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/controls.html

   The API documentation contains more details :
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.12/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Layer/WMS-js.html

   Your fixed base layer should keep its 'isBaseLayer' property (option)
to true, and you should set it to false for the others.

HTH,

Alexandre

On 12-08-13 02:13 AM, Harikumar Muralee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Iam a beginner in OpenLayers.All I want is to display some shapefiles on web
> as a Asp.net web application.
> Currently what I am doing is created a "test1.map" file and then in
> javascript am using
>
> var shapes = new OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer("TestMap",
>
> "http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?mode=map&map=e:/ms4w/apps/MapFiles/
> test1.map&layer=layername1&layer= layername2&layer= layername3") ;
>
> map.addLayer(shapes);
>
> Is It the right way?.One layer is fixed as a base layer and top of I need to
> add another layers which can be any number ranging from 2 to 30.Please guide
> me through the correct way.
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Hari
>

> THIS E-MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
> it is addressed. If you are not the addressee, do not take any action on the contents
> and any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or
> use of this communication is strictly prohibited. WARNING: Computer viruses can be
> transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for
> the presence of viruses. ii-2 Technologies accepts no liability for any damage caused
> by any virus transmitted by this email.

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears
www.mapgears.com