Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017

Angelos Tzotsos
http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017

jody.garnett
Thanks you, based on today's experience I am going to carefully not select the 6am option. Although I am apparently available, I do empirical evidence suggests I am not reliable at that time.

--
Jody Garnett

On 2 March 2017 at 07:31, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017

Venkatesh Raghavan
On 3/2/2017 10:34 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
Thanks you, based on today's experience I am going to carefully not select
the 6am option. Although I am apparently available, I do empirical evidence
suggests I am not reliable at that time.
Sorry I could not be at today's I was on a flight
during the meeting and mistook the meeting
to be on 3 March.

Regarding board meeting schedule, can we consider
having the meetings on fixed days as was the practice
earlier. I think we were having meetings every 2nd Thursday
of the month earlier.
We could avoid polls every month to fix the
meeting and non-board members to plan attending.

Best

Venka

P.S. I am now in Thailand promoting OSGeo and FOSS4G.

--
Jody Garnett

On 2 March 2017 at 07:31, Angelos Tzotsos [hidden email] wrote:

http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017

jody.garnett
So what is the answer here? Only one with solid green checkmarks - April 12
WED 7:00 AM.

It would be good to have the meeting page so we can collect agenda items.

--
Jody Garnett

On 2 March 2017 at 07:31, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017

Vasile Crăciunescu
I will create the page later today and I will also complete the last
meeting page. Sorry for the delay.

Best,
Vasile

On 3/20/17 6:41 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:

> So what is the answer here? Only one with solid green checkmarks - April 12
> WED 7:00 AM.
>
> It would be good to have the meeting page so we can collect agenda items.
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On 2 March 2017 at 07:31, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr
>     <http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr>
>

>     --
>     Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
>     Charter Member
>     Open Source Geospatial Foundation
>     http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017

Sanghee Shin

So just curious about whether we’ll have a board meeting on 12th April.

Cheers,

신상희 드림
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
http://www.gaia3d.com

보낸 사람: [hidden email]
보낸 날짜: 2017 3 22일 수요일 오후 5:57
받는 사람: [hidden email]
제목: Re: [Board] Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017

I will create the page later today and I will also complete the last

meeting page. Sorry for the delay.

Best,

Vasile

On 3/20/17 6:41 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:

> So what is the answer here? Only one with solid green checkmarks - April 12

> WED 7:00 AM.

> It would be good to have the meeting page so we can collect agenda items.

> --

> Jody Garnett

> On 2 March 2017 at 07:31, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]

> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

>     http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr

>     <http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr>

>     --

>     Angelos Tzotsos, PhD

>     Charter Member

>     Open Source Geospatial Foundation

>     http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017

jody.garnett
To answer your question make a motion for board members to vote on, or ask venka as president to set a meeting.

I think we got stuck as the question was raised about having a consistent time each month - and then not followed up with discussion:

- For me loomio is working okay and takes a better record if voting than irc. However we miss discussion.

- IRC also missed discussion due to lack of time, or our meetings went to two hours.

- Email has okay discussion, but gets off track unless we are careful (or a leader keeps the conversation focused on producing a motion).

- I liked the combo of hangout for discussion and email for actions, but it is not the best for transparency (even if you send notes to email list).

Still we owe it to our members to be effective here, time to sort it out.
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 7:13 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

So just curious about whether we’ll have a board meeting on 12th April.

Cheers,

신상희 드림
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
http://www.gaia3d.com

보낸 사람: [hidden email]
보낸 날짜: 2017 3 22일 수요일 오후 5:57
받는 사람: [hidden email]
제목: Re: [Board] Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017

I will create the page later today and I will also complete the last

meeting page. Sorry for the delay.

Best,

Vasile

On 3/20/17 6:41 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:

> So what is the answer here? Only one with solid green checkmarks - April 12

> WED 7:00 AM.

> It would be good to have the meeting page so we can collect agenda items.

> --

> Jody Garnett

> On 2 March 2017 at 07:31, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]

> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

>     http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr

>     <http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr>

>     --

>     Angelos Tzotsos, PhD

>     Charter Member

>     Open Source Geospatial Foundation

>     http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Jody Garnett

Re: Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
Dear All

I am +1 to have monthly meetings on IRC
where others could also follow the meeting.

I am +1 for setting a fixed day in a month for
monthly meeting. It was 2nd Thu. every month
before.

I am +1 for meeting on 12 April (Wed)

The meeting page wiki is at
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2017-04-12

Please add the Agenda items, if possible before 6 April, 2017.

Best

Venka

On 2017/03/31 14:28, Jody Garnett wrote:

> To answer your question make a motion for board members to vote on, or ask
> venka as president to set a meeting.
>
> I think we got stuck as the question was raised about having a consistent
> time each month - and then not followed up with discussion:
>
> - For me loomio is working okay and takes a better record if voting than
> irc. However we miss discussion.
>
> - IRC also missed discussion due to lack of time, or our meetings went to
> two hours.
>
> - Email has okay discussion, but gets off track unless we are careful (or a
> leader keeps the conversation focused on producing a motion).
>
> - I liked the combo of hangout for discussion and email for actions, but it
> is not the best for transparency (even if you send notes to email list).
>
> Still we owe it to our members to be effective here, time to sort it out.
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 7:13 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> So just curious about whether we’ll have a board meeting on 12th April.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> 신상희 드림
>> ---
>> Shin, Sanghee
>> Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
>> http://www.gaia3d.com
>>

>> *보낸 사람: *Vasile Craciunescu <[hidden email]>
>> *보낸 날짜: *2017년 3월 22일 수요일 오후 5:57
>> *받는 사람: *[hidden email]
>> *제목: *Re: [Board] Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017
>>

>> I will create the page later today and I will also complete the last
>>
>> meeting page. Sorry for the delay.
>>

>> Best,
>>
>> Vasile
>>

>> On 3/20/17 6:41 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
>>
>>> So what is the answer here? Only one with solid green checkmarks - April
>> 12
>>
>>> WED 7:00 AM.
>>

>>> It would be good to have the meeting page so we can collect agenda items.
>>

>>> --
>>
>>> Jody Garnett
>>

>>> On 2 March 2017 at 07:31, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]
>>
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>

>>>     http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr
>>
>>>     <http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr>
>>

>>>     --
>>
>>>     Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
>>
>>>     Charter Member
>>
>>>     Open Source Geospatial Foundation
>>
>>>     http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017

Sanghee Shin

Thanks Venka.

I’m also +1 or having a monthtly board meeting on every first Thursday. Anyway I’ve already started a motion to have a board meeting on 12th April at Loomio.

Cheers,

신상희 드림
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
http://www.gaia3d.com

보낸 사람: [hidden email]
보낸 날짜: 2017 3 31일 금요일 오후 2:40
> [...]

>>> WED 7:00 AM.

>>> It would be good to have the meeting page so we can collect agenda items.

>>> --

>>> Jody Garnett

>>> On 2 March 2017 at 07:31, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]

>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

>>>     http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr

>>>     <http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr>

>>>     --

>>>     Angelos Tzotsos, PhD

>>>     Charter Member

>>>     Open Source Geospatial Foundation

>>>     http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

>>>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

>>> Board mailing list

>>> [hidden email]

>> --

>> Vasile Crăciunescu

>> geo-spatial.org: An elegant place for sharing geoKnowledge & geoData

>> http://www.geo-spatial.org

Re: Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017

So please make a motion, or change does not happen.
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 7:47 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>> 12

>>> WED 7:00 AM.

>>> It would be good to have the meeting page so we can collect agenda items.

>>> --

>>> Jody Garnett

>>> On 2 March 2017 at 07:31, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]

>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

>>>     http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr

>>>     <http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr>

>>>     --

>>>     Angelos Tzotsos, PhD

>>>     Charter Member

>>>     Open Source Geospatial Foundation

>>>     http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

>>>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

>>> Board mailing list

>>> [hidden email]

>> --

>> Vasile Crăciunescu

>> geo-spatial.org: An elegant place for sharing geoKnowledge & geoData

Jody Garnett

Re: Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017

Sanghee Shin

I set up the proposal on this at the Loomio.

Regards,

신상희 드림
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
http://www.gaia3d.com

보낸 사람: [hidden email]
보낸 날짜: 2017 3 31일 금요일 오후 3:01
받는 사람: [hidden email]; [hidden email]; [hidden email]
> [...]

>> 12

>>> WED 7:00 AM.

>>> It would be good to have the meeting page so we can collect agenda items.

>>> --

>>> Jody Garnett

>>> On 2 March 2017 at 07:31, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]

>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

>>>     http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr

>>>     <http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr>

>>>     --

>>>     Angelos Tzotsos, PhD

>>>     Charter Member

>>>     Open Source Geospatial Foundation

>>>     http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

>>>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

>>> Board mailing list

>>> [hidden email]

>> --

>> Vasile Crăciunescu

>> geo-spatial.org: An elegant place for sharing geoKnowledge & geoData

Jody Garnett

Re: Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017

Maria Antonia Brovelli

Wednesday 12 ok by me.

In May I will not be able to attend on Thursday becasue I have lesson at that time (if the time is the usual)

Best,

Maria

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)" http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.htmlBoard of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board

UN-GGIM Italy, UN-GGIM Academic Network Task Team, UN OpenGIS Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)

Sol Katz Award 2015

P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)

Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,  [hidden email][hidden email]

where others could also follow the meeting.

I am +1 for setting a fixed day in a month for
monthly meeting. It was 2nd Thu. every month
before.

I am +1 for meeting on 12 April (Wed)

The meeting page wiki is at
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2017-04-12

Please add the Agenda items, if possible before 6 April, 2017.

Best

Venka

On 2017/03/31 14:28, Jody Garnett wrote:
> To answer your question make a motion for board members to vote on, or ask
> venka as president to set a meeting.
>
> I think we got stuck as the question was raised about having a consistent
> time each month - and then not followed up with discussion:
>
> - For me loomio is working okay and takes a better record if voting than
> irc. However we miss discussion.
>
> - IRC also missed discussion due to lack of time, or our meetings went to
> two hours.
>
> - Email has okay discussion, but gets off track unless we are careful (or a
> leader keeps the conversation focused on producing a motion).
>
> - I liked the combo of hangout for discussion and email for actions, but it
> is not the best for transparency (even if you send notes to email list).
>
> Still we owe it to our members to be effective here, time to sort it out.
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 7:13 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> So just curious about whether we’ll have a board meeting on 12th April.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> 신상희 드림
>> ---
>> Shin, Sanghee
>> Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
>> http://www.gaia3d.com
>>

>> *보낸 사람: *Vasile Craciunescu <[hidden email]>
>> *보낸 날짜: *2017년 3월 22일 수요일 오후 5:57
>> *받는 사람: *[hidden email]
>> *제목: *Re: [Board] Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017
>>

>> I will create the page later today and I will also complete the last
>>
>> meeting page. Sorry for the delay.
>>

>> Best,
>>
>> Vasile
>>

>> On 3/20/17 6:41 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
>>
>>> So what is the answer here? Only one with solid green checkmarks - April
>> 12
>>
>>> WED 7:00 AM.
>>

>>> It would be good to have the meeting page so we can collect agenda items.
>>

>>> --
>>
>>> Jody Garnett
>>

>>> On 2 March 2017 at 07:31, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]
>>
>>> <[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>

>>>     http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr
>>
>>>     <http://doodle.com/poll/bi3xhhaqzemyqfvr>
>>

>>>     --
>>
>>>     Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
>>
>>>     Charter Member
>>
>>>     Open Source Geospatial Foundation
>>
>>>     http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Doodle for Board Meeting - April 2017

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
Hi Maria,

On 3/31/2017 4:47 PM, Maria Antonia Brovelli wrote:

> In May I will not be able to attend on Thursday becasue I have lesson
> at that time (if the time is the usual)

1st or 2nd Wednesdays or Thursdays is fine for me.
Only feel that have a fixed day each month (as we
had before) could help in planning our schedule.

Best

Venka