Donate button

delawen
Hi,

Answering a question to info at osgeo I realized we don't have one big obvious button to donate to OSGeo on our website. And also, half of the buttons to donate to the TGP don't work.

I am not sure if we have a simple link or if it is a PayPal thing that makes a dynamic button that breaks if you try to copy the link. Does anyone know how to fix it? It would be good to have some kind of short url to send when people ask about donations.

Regards,
María.

Re: Donate button

Michael Smith
There hasn’t been a change to the actual link so it must be on the Wordpress side. I can publish the links to anyone that needs it to fix the page buttons. Let me know what anyone needs.

Michael Smith

> On Jul 11, 2019, at 3:04 AM, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Answering a question to info at osgeo I realized we don't have one big obvious button to donate to OSGeo on our website. And also, half of the buttons to donate to the TGP don't work.
>
> I am not sure if we have a simple link or if it is a PayPal thing that makes a dynamic button that breaks if you try to copy the link. Does anyone know how to fix it? It would be good to have some kind of short url to send when people ask about donations.
>
> Regards,
> María.

Re: Donate button

delawen

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 12:24 PM Michael Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
There hasn’t been a change to the actual link so it must be on the Wordpress side. I can publish the links to anyone that needs it to fix the page buttons. Let me know what anyone needs.

Michael Smith

> On Jul 11, 2019, at 3:04 AM, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Answering a question to info at osgeo I realized we don't have one big obvious button to donate to OSGeo on our website. And also, half of the buttons to donate to the TGP don't work.
>
> I am not sure if we have a simple link or if it is a PayPal thing that makes a dynamic button that breaks if you try to copy the link. Does anyone know how to fix it? It would be good to have some kind of short url to send when people ask about donations.
>
> Regards,
> María.

Re: Donate button

jody.garnett
We have an open ticket for a donate button in trac - and have had so for quite some time.

However I am of two minds after watching a presentation “please sell something” by Piero from open drone map about the value of a donate button.

Software by donation kind of gives the wrong impression about the value of open source software.

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 12:05 AM María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Answering a question to info at osgeo I realized we don't have one big obvious button to donate to OSGeo on our website. And also, half of the buttons to donate to the TGP don't work.

I am not sure if we have a simple link or if it is a PayPal thing that makes a dynamic button that breaks if you try to copy the link. Does anyone know how to fix it? It would be good to have some kind of short url to send when people ask about donations.

Regards,
María.
Jody Garnett