Does Mapguide 2.1 support Windows Server 2008 64 bits?

Does Mapguide 2.1 support Windows Server 2008 64 bits?

Jose Cerrejon
My client have this Windows. In this forum the post reference Mapguide 2.0, and I don't know if 2.1 is 64 bits supported.

In this case,.. does exists any tutorial to configure it?

Note: I tried on IIS 7 the 32 bits compatibility layer to true, but doesn't work.

Re: Does Mapguide 2.1 support Windows Server 2008 64 bits?

Kori Maleski
Please Google or search the list in Nabble - there are pointers to this topic:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MGOS2onVistaIIS7

Cheers,

Kori Maleski

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 3:58 AM, Jose Cerrejon <[hidden email]> wrote:

My client have this Windows. In this forum the post reference Mapguide 2.0,
and I don't know if 2.1 is 64 bits supported.

In this case,.. does exists any tutorial to configure it?

Note: I tried on IIS 7 the 32 bits compatibility layer to true, but doesn't
work.

Re: Does Mapguide 2.1 support Windows Server 2008 64 bits?

Jose Cerrejon
I found this tutorial before this topic, but doesn't work. Anyway, I changed the OS to a Windows 2003 Server 32 bits.

An updated tutorial will be apreciated.

This is a fault in the Mapguide community (get a life with Google is not the solution) & the website. We need more tutorial, guides, howtos in a variety of languages.

I present myself like a volunteer.

PD: Thks to http://mapguide-central.ennoble.com.au/, but we need more.

Re: Does Mapguide 2.1 support Windows Server 2008 64 bits?

Kori Maleski
Jose,  I sympathize with your frustrations, but simply saying it doesn't work - without providing information from the error logs or some kind of detail about what 'doesn't work'  does not allow the community to help you.

I have MGOS 2.1 running on Windows 2008 64 bit with no issue.

Please outline in some detail the steps you took to do the install so that the issue can be diagnosed.

Cheers,

Kori Maleski

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 11:42 PM, Jose Cerrejon <[hidden email]> wrote:

I found this tutorial before this topic, but doesn't work. Anyway, I changed
the OS to a Windows 2003 Server 32 bits.

An updated tutorial will be apreciated.

This is a fault in the Mapguide community (get a life with Google is not the
solution) & the website. We need more tutorial, guides, howtos in a variety
of languages.

I present myself like a volunteer.

PD: Thks to http://mapguide-central.ennoble.com.au/, but we need more.

Re: Does Mapguide 2.1 support Windows Server 2008 64 bits?

Jose Cerrejon
I agree with you, Kori. I don't post any log and information about the error. I only needed to know if MG is working on 64 bits platforms.

I'll get by myself.