Documentation edit 404 errors

Jo Cook
Hi,

As part of the google season of docs initiative, I'm keen to get
people participating in improving and updating the geonetwork
documentation, but there's a big blocker in that the "edit on github"
links at the top of each page trigger 404 errors.

I have fixed this issue in some other sphinx-based documentation that
I look after that's actually hosted on ReadTheDocs, but I don't know
how to fix it in the case of the Geonetwork documentation. Can someone
help me with this?

Also as a warning, there might be some new documentation issues
appearing on github for areas of the documentation that people think
are missing, or need improvement. I am hoping to get some volunteer
technical writers, and perhaps even some time from the one paid
technical writer that OSGeo will be allocated to work on these.

Thanks

Jo

--
Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd, The
Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744
009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/> twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic
intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer,
PostGIS and QGIS training <https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>

Helpdesk and customer portal
<http://support.astuntechnology.com/support/login>

Company registration
no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor
Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.

Re: Documentation edit 404 errors

Francois Prunayre
Great initiative Jo,

Indeed, it looks like it is not properly configured. They are pointing to

So in

'github_user': 'geonetwork',
'github_repo': 'doc',
'github_version': 'develop',
'source_suffix': '.rst',
'doc_path': 'source',

So then it should be

I let you try ?

Then with the move to transifex, maybe we should only have this link on the english version.
But this is another thing to improve.

On this topic, I also handled the case a translation is not available and fallback to english. https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/pull/3846 If you have time to review ?

Cheers.

Francois

Le ven. 7 juin 2019 à 11:00, Jo Cook <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

Hi Francois,

Sure, I'll test this locally first and review your change, probably on Monday.

Jo