Diving in

Martin Davis-3
Greetings, all.

Most of you know me, but for anyone that doesn't I'm Martin Davis (AKA Dr JTS).  I'm the project lead for the JTS Topology Suite [1], and am a long-time lurker on the fringes of GEOS.

I've recently joined Paul Ramsey at Crunchy Data, [2] and we're excited about being able to bring more resources to bear on advancing the state of the JTS/GEOS/PostGIS ecosystem.

I'll be ramping up gradually in the GEOS world, so feel free to offer helpful advice!

Look forward to working with you all - Martin

Re: Diving in

Sandro Santilli-4

On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 04:40:16PM -0800, Martin Davis wrote:

> I've recently joined Paul Ramsey at Crunchy Data, [2] and we're excited
> about being able to bring more resources to bear on advancing the state of
> the JTS/GEOS/PostGIS ecosystem.
>
> I'll be ramping up gradually in the GEOS world, so feel free to offer
> helpful advice!

Great news Martin, really exciting !
Advice: start learning to parse these<things> :)

My hope for a fully robust snap-rounding implementation raises, as
well as new APIs to expose topology-building to the outside world
(thinking PostGIS Topology for both points)

--strk;

Re: Diving in

Martin Davis-3

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 2:30 AM Sandro Santilli <[hidden email]> wrote:

My hope for a fully robust snap-rounding implementation raises, as
well as new APIs to expose topology-building to the outside world
(thinking PostGIS Topology for both points)

Will be good to work with you more cloaely, Sandro.

Overlay robustness is definitely on the ToDo list.  And I look forward to learning more about PostGIS Topology and helping out with it.