Distance between the edges of two polygons

Distance between the edges of two polygons

Patrick Marx
Hi, I would like to know the direct distance between the edges of two polygons which lay on different contour lines. We are planning a permaculture project with swales along different contour lines. Between the swales on different contour lines we will create vegetable beds. Because we need a minimum width of the beds, we need to know on which contour lines we could plan the swales. If we lay the swales on contour lines with a hight difference of 10 metres the beds will be wider as we choose 5 metres. How could we use QGIS for that problem? I have a DEM with a raster of 1m. I think I know how to create contour lines from it in a first step. But I don't know how to continue because I am relatively new in using QGIS.
Thank you for your suggestions!
Best regars,
Patrick

Holen Sie sich Outlook für Android

Re: Distance between the edges of two polygons

Tim Sutton-6
Hi Patrick

Feel free to contact me off-list and set up a VOIP session and I will try to help you.

Greetings from someone doing similar things to you….

Regards

Tim

On 16 Oct 2019, at 10:12, Patrick Marx <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

---

Tim Sutton