Display EPSG:4326 wms over EPSG:25832 GWC baselayer

Display EPSG:4326 wms over EPSG:25832 GWC baselayer

robertdbuckley
Hi,

I have discovered that one of my projects does not display WMS Layers over a GWC basemap anymore. It used to work fine, but something has obviously been changed ...I suspect in geoserver but I´m not sure.

This is a mashup demostrating what I mean....the basemap is from GWC in geoserver. The Basemap is defined as EPSG:25832. I used to be able to easily define a wms layer and this would be displayed without any trouble over the basemap. Now it doesn´t. I will only display when the basemap is in the same native projection!!!

I thought that geoserver would automatically redefine the wms projection based on the basemaps options...am I right?

so why doesn´t it work here?

Thanks for any help,

Robert

Yours with thanks, Robert Buckley System: Linux Ubuntu 10.04 Server / Tomcat6 / Geoserver 2.1.2 / GeoWebCache 1.2.6)

Re: Display EPSG:4326 wms over EPSG:25832 GWCbaselayer

Arnd Wippermann
There seems something wrong with GeoServer transformation to EPSG:25832. The data is shifted ca. 3 Million to east.

http://maps.zgb.de/geoserver/wms
?SERVICE=WMS
&LAYERS=zgb%3ABrutvoegel_2010%2Czgb%3AGrenzen_mg
&FORMAT=image%2Fpng
&VERSION=1.1.1
&TRANSPARENT=true
&REQUEST=GetMap
&STYLES=
&EXCEPTIONS=application%2Fvnd.ogc.se_inimage
&SRS=EPSG%3A25832
&BBOX=3600489.7789,5792092.2535,3678761.29585,5870363.77045
&WIDTH=256
&HEIGHT=256

The request will show some data, but the BBOX is not in EPSG:25832 coordinates:

It' a question for GeoServer.

Arnd