Directory entry titles- where do they come from?

Directory entry titles- where do they come from?

Jo Cook
Hi List,

I'm creating directory entries for INSPIRE conformance results in
Geonetwork 3.4.x and later versions. The entries are created, but no
titles are shown. I can't see anywhere to add titles in the editing
interface but have seen examples where titles are shown. Where do
these derive from? I'm using snippets like this:

<gmd:DQ_ConformanceResult xmlns:gmd="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd"
                          xmlns:gmx="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmx"
                          xmlns:gco="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gco"
  <gmd:specification>
      <gmd:CI_Citation>
         <gmd:title>
            <gco:CharacterString>Commission Regulation (EU) No
1089/2010 of 23 November 2010 implementing Directive 2007/2/EC of the
European Parliament and of the Council as regards interoperability of
spatial data sets and services</gco:CharacterString>
         </gmd:title>
         <gmd:date>
            <gmd:CI_Date>
               <gmd:date>
                  <gco:Date>2010-12-08</gco:Date>
               </gmd:date>
               <gmd:dateType>
                  <gmd:CI_DateTypeCode
codeList="http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/ISO_19139_Schemas/resources/codelist/ML_gmxCodelists.xml#CI_DateTypeCode"
                                       codeListValue="publication"/>
               </gmd:dateType>
            </gmd:CI_Date>
         </gmd:date>
      </gmd:CI_Citation>
  </gmd:specification>
  <gmd:explanation>
      <gco:CharacterString>See

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2010:323:0011:0102:EN:PDF</gco:CharacterString>
   </gmd:explanation>
  <gmd:pass>
      <gco:Boolean>true</gco:Boolean>
  </gmd:pass>
</gmd:DQ_ConformanceResult>

Thanks

Jo

--
Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd, The
Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744
009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/> twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic
intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer,
PostGIS and QGIS training <https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>

Helpdesk and customer portal
<http://support.astuntechnology.com/support/login>

Company registration
no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor
Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.

Re: Directory entry titles- where do they come from?

Jose Garcia
Hi Jo

Directory entries use this xslt for indexing:
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/master/schemas/iso19139/src/main/plugin/iso19139/index-fields/index-subtemplate.xsl

Regards,
Jose García

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

Re: Directory entry titles- where do they come from?

Jo Cook
Hi Jose,

Thanks- this works a treat. I did have to add the additional xsl to the
index-subtemplate.xsl for ISO19139 rather than my schema, is that because
it's impossible to autodetect which schema an entry belongs to?

Jo

[...]

Should be taken from the proper schema:

https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/fao/geonet/kernel/search/SearchManager.java#L686

Usually you need to import in your schema xslt the one from iso19139, like
what is done in GEMINI 2.3:

https://github.com/AstunTechnology/iso19139.gemini23/blob/3.4.x/src/main/plugin/iso19139.gemini23/index-fields/index-subtemplate.xsl#L32

And below defined the new templates or override existing ones from ISO19139
(probably need to add also higher priority in this case).

With that changes I would expect that works fine.

Regards,
Jose García

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

Re: Directory entry titles- where do they come from?

Jo Cook
Hi List,

I've hit an additional problem with adding directory entries. I can add an
entry using the directory editor, and then re-index it to see the title.
However when I go to edit the entry, the editor box is blank. In chrome dev
tools I see a request to the following
http://localhost:8080/geonetwork/srv/api/records/198/editor?&currTab=simple&starteditingsession=yes&random=0
which results in an error "Root element not set". The entry I'm adding
looks like this:

<gmd:DQ_ConformanceResult xmlns:gmd="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd"
                        xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml/3.2"
                        xmlns:gts="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gts"
            <gmx:Anchor xmlns:gmx="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmx"
                        xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"

xlink:href="http://data.europa.eu/eli/reg/2010/1089">Commission
Regulation (EU) No 1089/2010 of 23 November 2010 implementing Directive
2007/2/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards
interoperability of spatial data sets and services</gmx:Anchor>
         </gmd:title>
         <gmd:date>
            <gmd:CI_Date>
               <gmd:date>
                  <gco:Date xmlns:gco="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gco
">2010-12-08</gco:Date>
               </gmd:date>
               <gmd:dateType>
                  <gmd:CI_DateTypeCode codeList="
http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/ISO_19139_Schemas/resources/codelist/ML_gmxCodelists.xml#CI_DateTypeCode
"
                                       codeListValue="publication"/>
               </gmd:dateType>
            </gmd:CI_Date>
         </gmd:date>
      </gmd:CI_Citation>
   </gmd:specification>
   <!-- Explanation is a required element but can be empty -->
<gmd:explanation xmlns:gco="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gco"
gco:nilReason="inapplicable"/>
   <!-- If not tested then -->
<gmd:pass xmlns:gco="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gco"
gco:nilReason="unknown">
      <gco:Boolean xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml/3.2"
                   xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"/>
   </gmd:pass>
</gmd:DQ_ConformanceResult>

and this is successfully indexed so that the title/anchor shows, but as
mentioned I get the above error when I try to edit it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jo

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 10:18 AM Jose Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd, The
Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744
009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/> twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic
intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer,
PostGIS and QGIS training <https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>

Helpdesk and customer portal
<http://support.astuntechnology.com/support/login>

Company registration
no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor
Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.

Re: Directory entry titles- where do they come from?

I should add that I have tried to add the directory entry in both ways-
manually in the editor and also using the api and get the same result in
both cases. This is with both geonetwork 3.4.x and geonetwork 3.8.x

Thanks

Jo

[...]

I have imported the snippet in https://vanilla.geocat.net/geonetwork (3.8.0)
and for me works fine the editing, the title is not displayed in the
directory list, probably due to not being managed in the indexing of
directories the gmd:DQ_ConformanceResult element, but can be edited from
the directory list.

Please check the GeoNetwork log file for any relevant error reported.

Regards,
Jose García

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 7:30 PM Jo Cook <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> *Jo Cook*
> t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
> Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For urgent
> our office on 01372 744009

> products, conferences, events and training*
>
> Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18
> 7RL, UK
> t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech
> <https://twitter.com/astuntech>
>
> iShare - enterprise geographic intelligence platform
> <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
> GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
> <https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>
> Helpdesk and customer portal
> <http://support.astuntechnology.com/support/login>
>
> Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales.
> Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no.

(0)318 416664 <+31318416664>Please consider the environment before printing
this email.*