Digitizing polygons with en- or exclaves

Digitizing polygons with en- or exclaves

bleukert
Dear list,
I'am trying to implement the function of digitizing
polygons with en- or exclaves without any success.
Has anyone managed to implement this function?

Best regards,
Boris

Re: Digitizing polygons with en- or exclaves

Thomas Baschetti-2
Hi,

creating exclaves works without problems (combining 2 non-overlaping polygons),
when creating enklaves the order of the polygons seem to matter. Could you try this,
to verify the problem:
first:
- create small polygon
- create bigger, surrounding polygon
- combine => doesn't work

second:
- create big polygon
- create small polygon inside
- combine => works

Which version do you use?
There are some small issues with 2.6.1. with digitizing,
which will be resolved with 2.6.2, perhaps next weekend.

Ciao
Thomas

--

Thomas Baschetti - Systemanalyse Geographische Informationssysteme
Hakenstraße 8D

Tel: 0541 25 91 90 | mobil 01577 189 25 91
E-Mail: [hidden email]
www.thomas-baschetti.de
Ust-IdNr.: DE264355072

AW: [Mapbender-users] Digitizing polygons with en- or exclaves

bleukert
Hi Thomas,
I have tried both methods:
- first method: The geometry disappears from the map when pressing the combine button.
- second method: The geometry is combined on the map when pressing the combine button but I cannot save
  the geometry in the database. Error Message: "An error occured.". Please see attached Mapbender Logfile.

I'am using Mapbender 2.6.1 (exported form svn on friday), Geoserver 2.0.1, PostgreSQL 8.4.4 and PostGIS 1.5.1.

Best regards,
Boris

mb_error_2010_06_28.log (7K) Download Attachment

Re: AW: [Mapbender-users] Digitizing polygons with en- or exclaves

Thomas Baschetti-2
Boris,

i can confirm this behaviour, seems to be a bug.
Could you please file this in trac?
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/

Ciao
Thomas

On 28.06.2010 16:18, Leukert, Boris wrote:
[...]

AW: AW: [Mapbender-users] Digitizing polygons with en- or exclaves

bleukert
Hi Thomas,
thanks for your response, I have created a new ticket (#650).

Best regards,
Boris

Re: AW: [Mapbender-users] Digitizing polygons with en- or exclaves

Michael Schulz
Hi Boris,

just out of curiosity: digitizing normal, "simple" polygons is
working? Are you using mapbender with connectiontype "http" or "curl"?
If  you're not using curl, could you give it a quick try and see if it
works?

I just had a problem with digitizing using geoserver 2.0.2 done from
an productive mapbender26 system, which is not up to date. And I'm
wondering if the error I experienced is resolved with your recent svn
version (Geoserver kept complaining that it "Could not determine
geoserver request from http request") ?

Thx, Michael

2010/6/29 Leukert, Boris <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Thomas,
> thanks for your response, I have created a new ticket (#650).
>
> Best regards,
> Boris
> ________________________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte Open Source Schulungen bei der
http://www.foss-academy.eu/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael Schulz
[hidden email]

in medias res

Schwimmbadstraße 2
D-79100  Freiburg i. Br.

Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-102
Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-0
Fax: +49 (0)761 705798-09

http://www.webgis.de / http://www.zopecms.de

AW: [Mapbender-users] Digitizing polygons with en- or exclaves

bleukert

Hi Michael,
digitizing normal, "simple" polygons is working perfectly. I'm using
connection type "http".
The connection type worked for me with version 2.6, version 2.6.1 (from
svn) and geoserver 2.0.1.

For testing I changed to connection type "curl" and the digitization
fails with the following error:

2010.06.29, 12:23:28,Notice: CURL host:127.0.0.1
2010.06.29, 12:23:43,ERROR: connector: unable to load:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/geoserver/wfs
2010.06.29, 12:23:43,ERROR: OWS request returned no result:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/geoserver/wfs

Best regards,
Boris

Re: Digitizing polygons with en- or exclaves

Michael Schulz
Hi Boris,

ok,this error seems to me, that the curl request even cannot reach the
geoserver instance, but I will nevertheless file a ticket about my
curl problem (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/ticket/651). Thanks for
your confirmation that you were using http, when everything worked.

Cheers, Michael

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte Open Source Schulungen bei der
http://www.foss-academy.eu/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael Schulz
[hidden email]

in medias res

Schwimmbadstraße 2
D-79100  Freiburg i. Br.

Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-102
Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-0
Fax: +49 (0)761 705798-09

http://www.webgis.de / http://www.zopecms.de

Re: Digitizing polygons with en- or exclaves

armin11
hi all,
maybe someone forgot to set the proxy exception for 127.0.0.1 in
mapbender.conf?
regards
armin

Am Dienstag 29 Juni 2010 12:19:54 schrieb Michael Schulz:

> Hi Boris,
>
> ok,this error seems to me, that the curl request even cannot reach the
> geoserver instance, but I will nevertheless file a ticket about my
> curl problem (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/ticket/651). Thanks for
> your confirmation that you were using http, when everything worked.
>
> Cheers, Michael
>
> 2010/6/29 Leukert, Boris <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi Michael,
> > digitizing normal, "simple" polygons is working perfectly. I'm using
> > connection type "http".
> > The connection type worked for me with version 2.6, version 2.6.1 (from
> > svn) and geoserver 2.0.1.
> >
> > For testing I changed to connection type "curl" and the digitization
> > fails with the following error:
> >
> > 2010.06.29, 12:23:28,Notice: CURL host:127.0.0.1
> > 2010.06.29, 12:23:43,ERROR: connector: unable to load:
> > http://127.0.0.1:8080/geoserver/wfs
> > 2010.06.29, 12:23:43,ERROR: OWS request returned no result:
> > http://127.0.0.1:8080/geoserver/wfs
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Boris

Im Auftrag
--
Armin Retterath

Kompetenz- und Geschäftsstelle Geodateninfrastruktur Rheinland-Pfalz
beim
Landesamt für Vermessung und Geobasisinformation Rheinland-Pfalz

Ferdinand-Sauerbruch-Straße 15
56073 Koblenz
Telefon 0261/492-466
Telefax 0261/492-492
[hidden email]
http://www.geoportal.rlp.de

AW: [Mapbender-users] Digitizing polygons with en- or exclaves

bleukert

Hi Michael,
thank you very much for your changes! Works perfect for me.

Best regards,
Boris

Re: Digitizing polygons with en- or exclaves

Michael Schulz
Hi Boris,

glad it works. This bugfix was a community effort of Marc, Christoph
and myself at the latest dev sprint in the Linuxhotel in Essen last
weekend:

http://www.mapbender.org/2010-07-02-04_Mapbender_Development_Sprint

Cheers, Michael