Digitizer : different color for the objects

Digitizer : different color for the objects

Gérald Salin
Hi mapbender users,
we (a french cyclist association, bicycle as a way of transport) would like to use mapbender to allow cyclists to draw lines on a map of the most important cyclable axes which they think is missing. We are still evaluating mapbender. I already posted a message few weeks ago and are still evaluate mapbender.
We would like to associate a type (combo with 3 items in the form) to the lines added by the cyclists, and visually differentiate them on the map.
do you know if there is a way to associate a color to each type so that the lines appear differently on the map?

Thank you for your help

Gérald
--
VelObs : remontez vos problèmes lors des déplacements à vélo sur le web ou sur android (une appli 2P2R)
Soutenez ICEA, Inititiative Citoyenne pour une Energie Alternative, prenez ou offrez des parts sociales pour devenir co-propriétaire de panneaux photovoltaïques

Re: Digitizer : different color for the objects

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Gérald,

you can do this easily as you can use die OpenLayers 2 styles in the
digitizer.

See OpenLayer 2 styles documentation:
http://docs.openlayers.org/library/feature_styling.html

You should add a new column for the color in your table, that you fill
depending on the choice of the user.

f.e.

Alter table poi add column color varchar;

As Mapbender does not support combo you could choose a selectbox  for
the different types.

Add the selectbox to your digitizer configuration:

f.e.

             -
               type: select
               title: Type
               name: color
                 '#ff00ff': Type-A
                 '#00ffff': Type-B
                 '#ffff00': Type-C
                 '#00ff00': Type-D

Styles could look like this - with ${color} you refer to the new column
with the color values

   styles:
     default:
       strokeWidth: 2
       strokeColor: '#0e6a9e'
       fillColor: ${color}
       fillOpacity: 1
       fillWidth: 2
       pointRadius: 10
     select:
       strokeWidth: 3
       strokeColor: ${color}
       fillOpacity: 0.7
       pointRadius: 10

Happy cycling!

Astrid

Am 2018-06-23 17:00, schrieb Gérald Salin:

> Hi mapbender users,
>  we (a french cyclist association, bicycle as a way of transport)
> would like to use mapbender to allow cyclists to draw lines on a map
> of the most important cyclable axes which they think is missing. We
> are still evaluating mapbender. I already posted a message few weeks
> ago and are still evaluate mapbender.
> We would like to associate a type (combo with 3 items in the form) to
> the lines added by the cyclists, and visually differentiate them on
> the map.
>
> do you know if there is a way to associate a color to each type so
> that the lines appear differently on the map?
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Gérald--
>
> VelObs : remontez vos problèmes lors des déplacements à vélo sur
> le web [1] ou sur android [2] (une appli 2P2R [3])
> Pedibus labégeois [4]
> Soutenez ICEA [5], Inititiative Citoyenne pour une Energie
> Alternative, prenez ou offrez des parts sociales pour devenir
> co-propriétaire de panneaux photovoltaïques
> Consommez de l'énergie éléctrique verte renouvelable avec ENERCOOP
> [6]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://velobs.2p2r.org/
> [2]
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.deuxpiedsdeuxroues.velobs.tlse&hl=fr
> [3] https://2p2r.org/
> [4] https://emilepattesblog.wordpress.com/
> [5] http://icea-enr.fr/
> [6] http://www.enercoop.fr/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
Senior GIS-Consultant

-----------------------------------
Aufwind durch Wissen!
Qualifizierte Open-Source-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.com
-----------------------------------

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: Digitizer : different color for the objects

Gérald Salin
great, will try it asap!!!
thank you Astrid

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.deuxpiedsdeuxroues.velobs.tlse&amp;hl=fr
[...]

I achieved my goal slighlty differently, but you gave me the solution.
As I also want to display the type in the table to allow the search against it on the interface.
I added a "color" column and I tried setting an event in the digitizer config to set this color. Just for trying :
events
  onBeforeInsert: $item['color'] = "#ffff00";
But after saving, this line was automatically modified as
onBeforeInsert: '$item[''color''] = "#ffff00"';

This event had no effect, maybe I've done something wrong...
So I created a trigger on insert/update in lines table, in the postgresql database, with the following function :

--
-- Name: setColor(); Type: FUNCTION; Schema: public; Owner: mapbender-au1
--

CREATE FUNCTION public."setColor"() RETURNS trigger
    LANGUAGE plpgsql

--

COMMENT ON FUNCTION public."setColor"() IS 'set color column according to the type';
that works great!!!

[...]

great to hear that it works fine. The solution with the trigger sounds
good.

onBeforeInsert should work too. I have to check it when I find the time.

All the best for the next step

Astrid

Am 2018-06-26 07:24, schrieb Gérald Salin:

> [...]
>
> VelObs : remontez vos problèmes lors des déplacements à vélo sur
> le web [8] ou sur android [9] (une appli 2P2R [10])
> Pedibus labégeois [3]
> Soutenez ICEA [11], Inititiative Citoyenne pour une Energie
> Alternative, prenez ou offrez des parts sociales pour devenir
> co-propriétaire de panneaux photovoltaïques
> Consommez de l'énergie éléctrique verte renouvelable avec ENERCOOP
> [12]
>
> --
>
> VelObs : remontez vos problèmes lors des déplacements à vélo sur
> le web [8] ou sur android [9] (une appli 2P2R [10])
> Pedibus labégeois [3]
> Soutenez ICEA [11], Inititiative Citoyenne pour une Energie
> Alternative, prenez ou offrez des parts sociales pour devenir
> co-propriétaire de panneaux photovoltaïques
> Consommez de l'énergie éléctrique verte renouvelable avec ENERCOOP

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
Senior GIS-Consultant

AGIT 2018
4.- 6. Juli 2018 in Salzburg
Treffen Sie die WhereGroup bei der AGIT EXPO
http://www.agit.at/