Deprecation / Removal

Paul Ramsey
We're c++11, and the deprecated keyword is c++14.

Just porting away, lah dee dah, and came across this one.

I'm tempted to just rip MCPointInRing right out of the code base, it's hardly used anywhere, and it's incredibly internal, so it's unlikely that anyone external is using it. And yet...

Anyways, we don't have a policy per se, I would imagine, but maybe there's some historical process to draw upon?

Re: Deprecation / Removal

Regina Obe

As I recall our process is we don't guarantee ABI or API portability of the C++ API we have (at least not on minor versions), micro we try to.

That said – if it's not exposed in the C-API, +1 for rip away lah dee dah.  Less is more.

Re: Deprecation / Removal

Kurt Schwehr-2
And a good way to find out if someone really needs it is to remove it.  Then we'd have a use case and we could bring it back.

A single data point from a C++ user of GEOS, we don't use MCPointInRing at Google/Alphabet.