Deleted Shp/Dbf Records Feedback

Paul Ramsey
I'm about to fix this issue

but I'm unsure whether to fix it as a "bug", with patches back into stable releases (2.3, 2.2, etc) or just as a "feature" for upcoming releases. It'll change behaviour, in that by default files with virtually deleted records will no longer load the deleted records. (Someone wants a flag to optionally re-enable the old behaviour, but that's definitely a feature, not something that would go into a bug fix.)

Anyone have opinions, real-world concerns?

P.

Re: Deleted Shp/Dbf Records Feedback

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski
I think, back-patch.

This is definitely a bug, so if someone was relying on this behavior, it's better to get them fix their data than to say later "we can't go to next major PostGIS, we rely on this bug being not fixed".

ср, 26 окт. 2016 г. в 20:10, Paul Ramsey <[hidden email]>:
I'm about to fix this issue

but I'm unsure whether to fix it as a "bug", with patches back into stable releases (2.3, 2.2, etc) or just as a "feature" for upcoming releases. It'll change behaviour, in that by default files with virtually deleted records will no longer load the deleted records. (Someone wants a flag to optionally re-enable the old behaviour, but that's definitely a feature, not something that would go into a bug fix.)

Anyone have opinions, real-world concerns?

P.

Re: Deleted Shp/Dbf Records Feedback

Sandro Santilli-4
On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 05:38:51PM +0000, Komяpa wrote:
> I think, back-patch.
>
> This is definitely a bug, so if someone was relying on this behavior, it's
> better to get them fix their data than to say later "we can't go to next
> major PostGIS, we rely on this bug being not fixed".

You convinced me. Let's call it a bug.

--strk;