Default Layers

FILIPE LEME LOPES
Hi everyone,

Is there a way to configure a default set of layers to be automatically available for every access?

At the moment, I need to load each layer from their respective WMS services everytime. If I navigate to any other page within GeoNetwork and then come back to the maps page, I have to load the layers again. I assume this is not the way to do it.

For some reason, I cannot access 3.4 documentation today. It seems like they´re unavailable for the past few hours.

Anyway, thank you for any tips.

Filipe

Re: Default Layers

Francois Prunayre
Hi,

To change the default map, you could add layers to the map, then export the
map as an XML context and change the default map file in your installation
see
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/master/web/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/data/data/resources/map/config-viewer.xml

Then your map should be restored with all layers when selecting the default
map.

Cheers.

Francois

Le mer. 20 mars 2019 à 16:00, FILIPE LEME LOPES <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> Hi everyone,
>
> Is there a way to configure a default set of layers to be automatically
> available for every access?
>
> At the moment, I need to load each layer from their respective WMS
> services everytime. If I navigate to any other page within GeoNetwork and
> then come back to the maps page, I have to load the layers again. I assume
> this is not the way to do it.
>
> For some reason, I cannot access 3.4 documentation today. It seems like
> they´re unavailable for the past few hours.
>
> Anyway, thank you for any tips.
>
> Filipe

RES: Default Layers

FILIPE LEME LOPES
Thank you, Francois, this solved my problem! I tested with one new layer and, when I load the map page, it goes straight to the correct box area and my layer appears in the list of layers! Great! Thank you.

However, I get an error message in the “Manage layers” menu that states: “The WMS getCapabilities request failed”. Any clue of how to solve that? Note that when I loaded the layer to save the map, as you instructed, the map is correctly displayed, withou any errors.

Anyway, thank you so much. I will search abou this error message. If you (or anybody) have a tip about that, it will be very welcome.

Cheers,
Filipe