I am trying to debug QGIS in QtCreator - IDE and the platform i am working is Ubuntu Maverick(10.10), I followed the steps as below
Using QtCreator with QGis is easy. To open QGis in it you should do:
1. In menu File->Open File or Project (Ctrl+O);
2. In open file dialog find CMakeLists.txt in the root of QGIs
(/usr/local/src/qgis_trunk/CMakeLists.txt) and open it;
3. Run cmake in CMake Wizard. You can run it after adding project for
this you should navigate to cmake build directory it is qtcreator-build in
project root and run ccmake .. like usually);
4. After that QtCreator adds the new project with name qgis-1.x.x.
5. If you need to correct cmake options you can do it now (see 3);
6. Compile QGis (Ctrl+B);
7. Switch to tab Projects. In section Build Settings->Build Steps push
Details button and add in Additional arguments: install.
8. In section Run Settings push +Add and select in combo box Custom
Executable then push Details and add in Executable:
9. Start Debugging QGis: F5.
Can you please give me brief steps to follow after giving break points?
I tried "debug -> start debugging" , but the process did not stop at break point, it goes on running the QGIS Application .
And one more question, whether QtCreator- IDE is recommended for visual debugging of QGIS or any other IDE is available?