Quantcast

Deactivating myself

Mateusz Loskot
Hi,

FYI, I have removed myself from active SAC members and
admins of Nabble, PlanetOSGeo and Jobs mailing list.

I'm no longer available to fulfil those duties.

Re: Deactivating myself

jmckenna
Administrator
Mateusz, in this crazy busy Open Source world there just isn't enough
thanks given; please accept a big pat of the back from me and all of the
OSGeo community, for all your efforts.  Thank you my friend!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation

On 2017-04-13 4:47 AM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FYI, I have removed myself from active SAC members and
> admins of Nabble, PlanetOSGeo and Jobs mailing list.
>
> I'm no longer available to fulfil those duties.
>
> Best regards,

Re: Deactivating myself

Jorge Sanz (OSGeo)
Proud to have had the opportunity to work together Mat.

Cheers!

--
Jorge Sanz

Sent from my phone, excuse my brevity.

El 13 abr. 2017 3:47, "Mateusz Loskot" <[hidden email]> escribió:
Hi,

FYI, I have removed myself from active SAC members and
admins of Nabble, PlanetOSGeo and Jobs mailing list.

I'm no longer available to fulfil those duties.

Re: Deactivating myself

Eli Adam
On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 12:47 AM, Mateusz Loskot <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FYI, I have removed myself from active SAC members and
> admins of Nabble, PlanetOSGeo and Jobs mailing list.

Thanks for all your contributions!  Searching mail archives through
Nabble and blog aggregation through Planet have both been big impacts.
Great work.

> I'm no longer available to fulfil those duties.

Best of luck on your future endeavors.  Enjoy!

Cheers, Eli

> Best regards,

osgeolive Freenode IRC today

Brian M Hamlin

Hi SAC -

 today on #osgeolive freenode, a "supybot" from locationpress.com
joined the channel..
I dont recall seeing that before, and I dont recall anyone announcing,
or asking, about placing a bot on the channel

Inquiry with Freenode admins said "it is up to channel policy to decide"

shortly after that discussion, a definitely suspicous new nick joined
as well..
so, by discussing the #osgeolive channel in the admin area, unwanted
attention may have occurred..

next, the following:

--
  darkblue_b what does it mean that chanserv FLAGS says the channel is
not registered?
  darkblue_b no one has admin on it ?
  darkblue_b we have used this channel for years
  gry it means that nobody can OP themselves in the channel unless a)
an existing op ops them, or b) everyone leaves and the first person to
join gets ops, or c) staff op someone by hand
  gry what is the channel name?
  darkblue_b #osgeolive
  darkblue_b osgeo dot org is FOSS, live is our linux thing
  darkblue_b we have a SAC committee but its understaffed
  gry that's not registered, alas (/msg chanserv info #osgeolive)
  darkblue_b ok - the right thing to do is send an email to the
osgeo.org SAC committee, which I can do
  darkblue_b which will make a record of this moment
  darkblue_b then .. I dont know how deeply I want to mess with this..
its just a giant time synch to me
  gry please get the project lead to email [hidden email] with
'take over #osgeolive (it is not registered)' in subject line, and
details of the project site, output, and role of the leader (and their
nickserv account name) in the email body
  darkblue_b ok yes
  gry and then message any member of staff, telling them that you'd
like the channel to become registered and the email is already in
--

  I am notifying SAC with this email

   --Brian

Re: osgeolive Freenode IRC today

Sandro Santilli-4
On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 07:30:38PM -0700, Brian M Hamlin wrote:

>   darkblue_b: #osgeolive
>   gry: that's not registered, alas (/msg chanserv info #osgeolive)
>   gry: please get the project lead to email [hidden email] with 'take
>        over #osgeolive (it is not registered)' in subject line, and details of the
>        project site, output, and role of the leader (and their nickserv account
>        name) in the email body

>   I am notifying SAC with this email

Do you want SAC to send that mail or did you contact OSGeoLive lead already ?

--strk;

Re: osgeolive Freenode IRC today

Brian M Hamlin
It has been years and there is no "lead".
I may have founded that IRC channel, it is possible.

no, I have only sent this email.

  --Brian

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 11:59:15 0200, Sandro Santilli <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 07:30:38PM -0700, Brian M Hamlin wrote:

>   darkblue_b: #osgeolive
>   gry: that's not registered, alas (/msg chanserv info #osgeolive)
>   gry: please get the project lead to email [hidden email] with 'take
> over #osgeolive (it is not registered)' in subject line, and details of the
> project site, output, and role of the leader (and their nickserv account
> name) in the email body

..

>   I am notifying SAC with this email

Do you want SAC to send that mail or did you contact OSGeoLive lead already ?

--strk;

Brian M Hamlin
OSGeo California Chapter
blog.light42.com

On 2017-04-20 6:59 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 07:30:38PM -0700, Brian M Hamlin wrote:
>
>>   darkblue_b: #osgeolive
>>   gry: that's not registered, alas (/msg chanserv info #osgeolive)
>>   gry: please get the project lead to email [hidden email] with 'take
>>        over #osgeolive (it is not registered)' in subject line, and details of the
>>        project site, output, and role of the leader (and their nickserv account
>>        name) in the email body

>>   I am notifying SAC with this email
>
> Do you want SAC to send that mail or did you contact OSGeoLive lead already ?

I recently went through this for several OSGeo projects (such as GDAL)
where their IRC channels were not registered and were owned by freenode
staff (that's the default).  After many months of unanswered emails sent
to their projects@, I found a Freenode staffer and he helped me transfer
all those OSGeo channels.  His nick is 'tomaw' and he lives in the
#foss4g channel.  Sounds like you are going through the same thing with
#osgeolive, so you might first ping tomaw.

-jeff