De-selecting

John Craddock
Hi all,
When in edit mode, how does one de-select an attribute that has
accidentally been selected. At the moment one seems to have to quit out
of the process and even the layer.
Sorry about all these questions but I have read the user guide several
times.

Regards
John Craddock

Re: De-selecting

Tim Sutton
Hi John

Its no problem all the questions....I just wish I had better answers
for them than 'file a bug'. Bear in mind that you are using in
development software with a small crew of volunteer only developers
and many many things on our  todo list. Filing bugs / requests
probably wot give you an immediate fix because of this but its really
useful to us as we are slowly working our way through them.

I dont really understand the issue you are having here - do you mean
attribute or feature? Can you give more details of what you were
doing?

Many thanks

Tim

2007/3/15, John Craddock <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
> When in edit mode, how does one de-select an attribute that has
> accidentally been selected. At the moment one seems to have to quit out
> of the process and even the layer.
> Sorry about all these questions but I have read the user guide several
> times.
>
> Regards
> John Craddock

Tim Sutton

Visit http://qgis.org for a great Open Source GIS
Home Page: http://linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux
MSN: [hidden email]
Yahoo: [hidden email]
Jabber: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

RE: De-selecting

John Craddock
Hi Tim,
Sorry about the slack language, I meant feature.
In Titan 1.8.0 Windows Release
Using the Selection tool
Selecting a feature highlights it in the default or set colour in the Settings -> options dialog box.
If one wants to deselect (cancel) the selected feature one has to select another feature. or change to another active layer and refresh the view.
Alternatively one can select another feature (feature2) on the same active layer. If this is done, the selected feature is deselected but feature2 is not selected (highlighted) nor can any other features on the active layer be selected. This may be a bug. However, there doesn't appear to be a mechanism just to cancel a selection. The same behaviour applies in the Edit routines where it is more important to be able to cancel selections.
The alternative hypothesis is that I am doing something incorrectly.
If the issues I have outlined can be reproduced by others, I am happy to file a bug report.
Regards
John Craddock