Data License

Brian M Hamlin

Our work group in California is in the process of releasing some base data, as part of a larger project..

After some study, the way we marked each PostGIS database, and each table, as comments, is as follows:

==

This <PROJECT-NAME> (v1.0) <DATASET-NAME> (Copyright (C) 2012 <COPYRIGHT-HOLDER>) is made available under the Open Database License.  Any rights in individual contents of the database are licensed under the Database Contents License whose text can be found at http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/dbcl/

Contact: <CONTACT-NAME>

Firm contact:  <MAILING-ADDRESS> <PHONE> <WEB-SITE>

==

Brian Hamlin

GeoCal-ish

415-717-4462 cell

Re: Data License

hamish-2
Brian wrote:
> This <PROJECT-NAME> (v1.0) <DATASET-NAME> (Copyright (C) 2012 <COPYRIGHT
>-HOLDER>) is made available under the Open Database License.

I will refrain from personal editorial as much as possible right now*,
but if using the ODbL please read it carefully, and have your lawyers
do the same.

Then do the same for relevant CC licenses.

Hamish

(* ok, a little: geodata organized and filtered by you is well established
as a creative work and can have copyright)