DYNAMIC ROLE in CARBON ACCOUNTING for CONSERVATION

DYNAMIC ROLE in CARBON ACCOUNTING for CONSERVATION

WRoberts
Dear All,

See the link below for an exciting opportunity for suitably qualified individuals. Contact details for the job opportunity are available in the linked pdf. Please do not respond to me as I am merely sharing the opportunity.

Many thanks and all the best.

SA Landcover data

Hester Badenhorst

Hi All

Can anyone give me an update on the availability of the latest Landcover data (AFTER the 2013/14 dataset).

Kind regards,
Hester

Hester Badenhorst (Spatial Analyst, BT&RP:UP)

SAPI Corporate Member: 12561
GISSA Member: YSXB-7421

Cell: 083 244 3837  -  Fax: 27112527219
Postnet Suite 402; Private Bag X025; Lynnwood Ridge; 0040

Landuse Survey App

  Click Click Survey Done!

ScoutMaster is a Web Mapping and Land use Survey application integrating mapping, data visualisation and project collaboration for land use survey teams in South Africa. ScoutMaster offers productivity tools for teams doing land use surveys in the Republic of South Africa.

Disclaimer
This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in error please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone +27 (0)82 467 5110 and delete the e-mail. You may not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on it. While we take reasonable precautions to minimise the risk of an attachment containing computer viruses this possibility still exists. We cannot accept liability for any damage which you may sustain as a result of a software virus. We recommend that you carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. We do not accept responsibility for any amendments made to any attached documents without our approval. We do not accept responsibility for private or personal messages e-mailed from our domain.

________________________________

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 1:48 PM Wesley Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear All,

See the link below for an exciting opportunity for suitably qualified individuals. Contact details for the job opportunity are available in the linked pdf. Please do not respond to me as I am merely sharing the opportunity.

Many thanks and all the best.

Re: SA Landcover data

Nisbert Chimboza

Hi Hester

You can get it from NGI.

Contact Mr. Ngcofe, L at  [hidden email] or Ms. Semoli, B at [hidden email]

021 658 4300

Kind Regards

Nisbert Chimboza

Geospatial Support Consultant

GEO Data Design (Pty) Ltd

t +27 21 425 9833 | f +27 21 425 9191 | c +27 72 763 9478 | [hidden email] | http://www.geodatadesign.co.za

Re: SA Landcover data

Luncedo Ngcofe

Hi Hester

There is current land cover dataset 2017-2018 and land cover change dataset 2017-2018 available from CD:NGI. Both dataset can be copied on a DVD disk for the amount of R20.00 for the disk then you can come collect or send currier service. If interested please contact our sale personnel Julile on the following email address

[hidden email]

Regards

Luncedo Ngcofe (Msc; Pr.Sci.Nat; GISc Professional)

Control GIS / Remote Sensing Scientist

Chief Directorate: National Geospatial Information

Private Bag X10

Mowbray

7705

Tel (021) 658 4317

[hidden email]

www.ngi.gov.za

Can anyone give me an update on the availability of the latest Landcover data (AFTER the 2013/14 dataset).

Kind regards,

Hester

Image removed by sender.

Hester Badenhorst (Spatial Analyst, BT&RP:UP)

  Image removed by sender.  Image removed by sender.  Image removed by sender.

SAPI Corporate Member: 12561

GISSA Member: YSXB-7421

Image removed by sender.

Cell: 083 244 3837  -  Fax: 27112527219

Postnet Suite 402; Private Bag X025; Lynnwood Ridge; 0040

Image removed by sender. Landuse Survey App

[...]

gavinf
Hi Luncedo

Can we get these (and other) datasets via download or web service from NGI yet?

thanks

Gavin

On 15 Jan 2019, at 11:55, Luncedo Ngcofe <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Hester

There is current land cover dataset 2017-2018 and land cover change dataset 2017-2018 available from CD:NGI. Both dataset can be copied on a DVD disk for the amount of R20.00 for the disk then you can come collect or send currier service. If interested please contact our sale personnel Julile on the following email address

Regards

Luncedo Ngcofe (Msc; Pr.Sci.Nat; GISc Professional)
Control GIS / Remote Sensing Scientist
Chief Directorate: National Geospatial Information
Private Bag X10
Mowbray
7705
Tel (021) 658 4317

Re: SA Landcover data

Chris Berens
Hi Luncedo,

Thanks for the tip, I went in and got it at the desk. This is the NLC2018 Level 1 product with 10 classes put together by LRI. Do you know when the Level 2 version with (hopefully) 72 classes will be available? I heard that it should be on EGIS from September 2019.

Kind regards,
Chris Berens

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 at 12:12, Luncedo Ngcofe <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Chris Berens, Pr.GISc
SAGC No.1308
+27 (0)82 567 9322

Re: SA Landcover data

StephenW
Good day all,
Ive heard that an updated land cover classification dataset will be ready in October 2019.
Still a bit of a wait unfortunately.
Kind Regards

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 2:53 PM Chris Berens <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Stephen Wiggins

Cell:    +27662553869

Re: SA Landcover data

Thabi Rambau
Good day,

Please check the below link www.cdngiportal.co.za/cdngiportal
You should be able to download the dataset you need from CD:NGI portal.

Regards
Thabi

On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 at 16:53, Chris Berens <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Willem Badenhorst

Thanks very much for the link to the NGI portal.  Does anybody know where the HELP button is located.  I could not figure out how it can assist me in downloading any data layers.

In fact,  the nostalgia of the early 90's overwhelmed me when I started using the interface.  Then I thought, maybe it is fitting, especially now that we are celebrating the moon landing 50 years ago.

Willem Badenhorst (Manager)

PLATO Professional GISc Practitioner, PGP1411

South African Planning Institute, 12578

Geo-Information Society of South Africa, YSXB­7391

Landuse Survey App

  Click Click Survey Done!

ScoutMaster is a Web Mapping and Land use Survey application integrating mapping, data visualisation and project collaboration for land use survey teams in South Africa.

Postnet Suite 402; Private Bag x025; Lynnwood Ridge; Pretoria; 0040; Gauteng

Cell: 082 467 5110  -  Fax: +27112527219  -  Skype: kwasimojo

www.mandalagis.com   Click to see map   Click to see StreetView

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 8:52 AM Thabi Rambau <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Zoltan Szecsei
You sure you don't have an extra 'n' in your domain name?
[sense of humour required - no offence meant :-)  ]

Zoltan

On 2019/07/19 10:49, Willem Badenhorst wrote:

[...]

Zoltan Szecsei GPrGISc 0031
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Qatar:  +974 5083 2722     www.geograph.co.za

Re: SA Landcover data

Luncedo Ngcofe

Dear Chris

Sorry for the late reply I did not have access to my emails. The 73 land cover classes will be published this year (using sentinel sensor). Unfortunately I do not know of the date yet. Maybe you can contact Ms Marlanie  at [hidden email]

Regards

Luncedo Ngcofe (Msc; Pr.Sci.Nat; GISc Professional)

Control GIS / Remote Sensing Scientist

Chief Directorate: National Geospatial Information

Private Bag X10

Mowbray

7705

Tel (021) 658 4317

[hidden email]

www.ngi.gov.za

Re: Example of geospatial analysis identifies the areas most vulnerable to COVID-19 in Spain

G Tadonki

Hello, You may look at this study from Spain. Some aspects are valid for SA.

Best,

Georges

Sent with Android

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019, 05:12 Luncedo Ngcofe <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

~WRD000.jpg (1K) Download Attachment
image001.jpg (996 bytes) Download Attachment
image002.jpg (472 bytes) Download Attachment
~WRD000.jpg (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Example of geospatial analysis identifies the areas most vulnerable to COVID-19 in Spain

Rob Anderson
Hi Hester,

The latest Land Cover is also available for download from the DEFF or DFFE (old Environment) -https://egis.environment.gov.za/

Regards