DXF EXPORT

lt

DXF EXPORT

lt
Hello, how can I export a shp file to dxf format?
I am using qgis 1.7.4 under winXP. The save as->dxf does not work. It creates the dxf file, but it is empty!
thank you

laura

Re: DXF EXPORT

Zirneklitis
Is it realy empty file or the exported layer can not be imported in
drawing applications?

There was a dxf export bug prior to gdal 1.9.1.

Now it's fixed.

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4618

Karlis

Bis Nulama wrote:
> Hello, how can I export a shp file to dxf format?
> I am using qgis 1.7.4 under winXP. The save as->dxf does not work. It
> creates the dxf file, but it is empty!
>..
lt

Re: DXF EXPORT

lt
I try to open the dxf file with AUTOCAD2007 LT and I cannot open it: I get an error. then the opened file appears to be empty.
any suggestion?
laura

lt

Re: DXF EXPORT

lt

Autocad says:
The
database manager is not valid: 0 to the line 1548.
Invalid or incomplete DXF input - drawing deleted.
Then it crashes

I tried to delete line 1548 but it doesn't work

I tried to open the dxf file with Inkscape, I do not get errors but it seems to be empty...

laura

Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:09:55 -0500
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

The error might help.
If it happens to be a line numbered erro and happens to be an ascii dxf you can open (as long as the mb size is not too large) in a notepad. edit the offending line and save.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:08 PM, lt <[hidden email]> wrote:
I try to open the dxf file with AUTOCAD2007 LT and I cannot open it: I get an error. then the opened file appears to be empty.
any suggestion?
laura

Re: DXF EXPORT

Zirneklitis
You should manually fix extent. You have to look for strings $EXTMIN and
$EXTMAX and correct the actual extent values Xmin, Ymin, Zmin, Xmax,
Ymax, Zmax. I soppose Zmin and Zmax are "0" (without quotes).

$EXTMIN
10 Xmin
20 Ymin
30 Zmin
9
$EXTMAX
10 Xmax
20 Ymax
30 Zmax
9

Karlis

Bis Nulama wrote:

> Autocad says:
> The database manager is not valid: 0 to the line 1548.
> Invalid or incomplete DXF input - drawing deleted.
> Then it crashes
>
> I tried to delete line 1548 but it doesn't work
>
> I tried to open the dxf file with Inkscape, I do not get errors but it
> seems to be empty...
> ..

Re: DXF EXPORT

the_sloth
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DXF EXPORT

the_sloth
New to qgis and this is my first post on this forum. Hello all!

Zirneklitis, I did as you instructed. Now I get an error message "Error in drawing header on line 31" when I try to open the .dxf in my CAD program. I edited the .dxf in notepad. I haven't done this before, so I am likely doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Re: DXF EXPORT

Zirneklitis
And what is in the 31-st line?
May be You can attached the first 40 lines of the DXF file?

K.

the_sloth wrote:
> New to qgis and this is my first post on this forum. Hello all!
>
> Zirneklitis, I did as you instructed. Now I get an error message "Error in
> drawing header on line 31" when I try to open the .dxf in my CAD program. I
> edited the .dxf in notepad. I haven't done this before, so I am likely doing
> something wrong. ..

Re: DXF EXPORT

the_sloth
Zirenklitis,

Thank you. It's been a while since I have been able to get back to this. Now when I "Save As" to export the .shp, the DXF crashes AUtoCAD as soon as I try to import it. Hmmm?

Re: DXF EXPORT

the_sloth
So I was able to identify the error:

"Invalid database handle 0 on line 1548.
Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded."

I opened the dxf in notepad, but how do I find line 1548? Can I search for it?

Thank you.

Re: DXF EXPORT

Zirneklitis
More advanced text editors should be used, e.g. :
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

the_sloth wrote:
>..
>
> I opened the dxf in notepad, but how do I find line 1548? Can I search for
> it?
> ..

Re: DXF EXPORT

the_sloth
Ok, I am using Notepad++ now. Line 1548 is 0. Why would this cause a problem? What does this mean?

Re: DXF EXPORT

Zoltan Szecsei
On 2012/09/26 21:12, the_sloth wrote:

> Ok, I am using Notepad++ now. Line 1548 is 0. Why would this cause a problem?
> What does this mean?
>
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5004756/dxf_export2.jpg>

DXF format uses groups of lines to define entities etc.
You need to look around line 1548 to see what context that "0" is in,
and see if it is relevant in that context.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?linkID=10809853&id=12272454&siteID=123112

Have fun with it.

Regards,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
Western Cape, South Africa.

34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E

Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za

Re: DXF EXPORT

Brad Nesom
I have done some testing and I get the exact same error no matter what
data I choose to export.
Also if I export from Autocad the same data to dxf the file is quite a
few lines shorter.
I did a little looking to see what version (dxf) gdal writes buth
havent come across that info yet.
It seems the problem is that gdal starts writing objects out with a
zero handle (which is an internal guid for autodesk)
I had been using 1.8 but just installed 1.9.0 and gdal 1.7.3 and still
get the same error.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Brad Nesom <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The error might help.
> If it happens to be a line numbered erro and happens to be an ascii dxf you
> can open (as long as the mb size is not too large) in a notepad. edit the
> offending line and save.
>

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:08 PM, lt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I try to open the dxf file with AUTOCAD2007 LT and I cannot open it: I get
>> an error. then the opened file appears to be empty.
>> any suggestion?
>> laura
>>

>> Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:39:54 +0300
>> From: Zirneklitis <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] DXF EXPORT
>>
>> Is it realy empty file or the exported layer can not be imported in
>> drawing applications?
>>
>> There was a dxf export bug prior to gdal 1.9.1.
>>
>> Now it's fixed.
>>
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4618
>>
>> Karlis
>>
>> Bis Nulama wrote:
>>
>> Hello, how can I export a shp file to dxf format?
>>
>> I am using qgis 1.7.4 under winXP. The save as->dxf does not work. It
>>
>> creates the dxf file, but it is empty!
>>
>> ..

Re: DXF EXPORT

Zirneklitis
LWPOLYLINE handle should not be zero:

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4381#note-5

Reincarnation of old bug?

  What is the QGIS and GDAL versions?

Karlis

the_sloth wrote:
> Ok, I am using Notepad++ now. Line 1548 is 0. Why would this cause a problem?
> What does this mean?
>
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5004756/dxf_export2.jpg>
>
> ..

Re: DXF EXPORT

Brad Nesom
I see it in
qgis 1.9.0
gdal 1.9.1-2

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 7:05 AM, Zirneklitis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> LWPOLYLINE handle should not be zero:
>
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4381#note-5
>
> Reincarnation of old bug?
>

>  What is the QGIS and GDAL versions?
>

> Karlis
>

> the_sloth wrote:
>>
>> Ok, I am using Notepad++ now. Line 1548 is 0. Why would this cause a
>> problem?
>> What does this mean?
>>
>> <http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5004756/dxf_export2.jpg>
>>
>> ..

Re: DXF EXPORT

Zirneklitis
One of the solutions is to used command-line tool ogr2ogr (available in
Quntum GIS 'bin' directory:

ogr2ogr  -f "DXF"  result.DXF source.shp

the_sloth wrote:
> Ok, I am using Notepad++ now. Line 1548 is 0. Why would this cause a problem?
> What does this mean?
>
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5004756/dxf_export2.jpg>
> ..

Re: DXF EXPORT

Andreas Neumann-4
 Hi,

 Are you dealing with Polygon data?

 There was just a recent fix in ogr dxf writing which was fixed
 yesterday:
 trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4680

 I don't know how often gdal-dev is updated in osgeo4w if you can update
 it yourself.

 It is ogr's fault, not QGIS' fault.

 Andreas

 On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 17:00:31 +0300, Zirneklitis wrote:

> One of the solutions is to used command-line tool ogr2ogr (available
> in Quntum GIS 'bin' directory:
>
> ogr2ogr  -f "DXF"  result.DXF source.shp
>

> the_sloth wrote:
>> Ok, I am using Notepad++ now. Line 1548 is 0. Why would this cause a
>> problem?
>> What does this mean?
>>
>> <http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5004756/dxf_export2.jpg>
>> ..