DBF problem with v.in.ogr on 0.9.2 RC1 windows

DBF problem with v.in.ogr on 0.9.2 RC1 windows

yvesm
Hi All,

I guess the object of this email says it all :-).  I would like to use GRASS' vector to raster story from within QGIS under windows XP and I can't get my attributes to follow the vectors (as mentioned here among other places).

Now, trying to set db.connect on the mapset says it worked successfully, so I figure my connection was changed.  But I still can't upload my vectors.  This time v.in.ogr just does not work : "Cannot open database 'C:\yvesm\Maroc\test-grass2/jorf/maroc/dbf/sqlite.db' ".

Is there an easy way out of this ?  I have a chance of showing my office mates we don't need to wait for our sole workstation that has an ESRI Spatial Analyst license to be free (crazy, ain't it ?) and I can't get the old ArcView to behave properly (we have a Spatial Analyst key on 3.2 I was hoping to use ...), so here's my chance to show off GRASS and QGIS.  Pointers appreciated !

Yves Moisan

Re: DBF problem with v.in.ogr on 0.9.2 RC1 windows

yvesm
> "Cannot open database 'C:\yvesm\Maroc\test-grass2/jorf/maroc/dbf/sqlite.db' ".

I created a new mapset, but this time set the db.connect to $GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite.db (not $GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/DBF/sqlite.db) and it worked.  That's all pretty much automagical for me but I won't ask questions for now and get going with my work ;-)