Custom layer switchers

PierreLacroix
Hi,

I have 2 questions related to custom layer switchers.

1) I have several layers in a layer switcher. I would like to attach custom behavior to the layers
- attach an URL to each of them
- show a tip while mousing over
- etc.

How should I proceed

2) How can I have two or three different layer switchers and control which layer goes in each switcher?

Thanks for your reply.

---------
With best regards - Avec mes meilleures salutations,
Pierre Lacroix, PhD.
Scientific Collaborator - University of Geneva - Pole in Environmental Sciences
GIS Analyst - United Nations Environment Programme - UNEP/DEWA/GRID-Geneva
http://www.unige.ch/envirospace

Re: Custom layer switchers

Phil Scadden

1) I have several layers in a layer switcher. I would like to attach custom behavior to the layers
- attach an URL to each of them
- show a tip while mousing over
- etc.

How should I proceed

2) How can I have two or three different layer switchers and control which layer goes in each switcher?

I would strongly consider looking at using GeoExt on top OL and using the layer tree. (Example at
http://data.gns.cri.nz/dataportal/ - free registration required but then look at the interactive maps).

Re: Custom layer switchers

PierreLacroix
Thank you this reply. Your application is amazing.
I forgot to mention that I would like to customize switcher layers with ol3js. Is it possible?

---------
With best regards - Avec mes meilleures salutations,
Pierre Lacroix, PhD.
Scientific Collaborator - University of Geneva - Pole in Environmental Sciences
GIS Analyst - United Nations Environment Programme - UNEP/DEWA/GRID-Geneva
http://www.unige.ch/envirospace

Re: Custom layer switchers

Phil Scadden

Thank you this reply. Your application is amazing.
I forgot to mention that I would like to customize switcher layers with ol3js. Is it possible?
Well anything is customizable in js but I have not yet looked at the OL3.